It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:16 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: John McCain Will Become the 44th POTUS
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:26 pm 

And here's why:

1. Neither an African-American nor a woman has ever run for president from either major power. It is very likely that many people will not vote for the first one of either group to present themselves. When Mondale picked Frerraro for vice-president it was pretty much a token nomination by the Democrats to have a woman make it at least that far since it was obvious to one and all that Reagan was going to win unless he got hit by a Mack truck and tasted his own blood.

2. There are major swaths of the country where either Obama or Hillary are hated and despised tremendously. The hidden undercurrent of racial discrimination still exists today even thought the overt pronunciations of it are harder to find. No one yells out, "Go home you Jungle Bunnies," anymore (thank goodness) but that doesn't mean that they don't think it. Unfortunately, Obama's skin color alone will lose many votes. We have already seen the subtle darkening of pictures of him in ads from other candidates. As despicable and reprehensible as this may be, it will become even more wide spread and common this fall, guaranteed. There's only one reason to do such a stupid thing, people still vote based on skin color, and by people, I mean LOTS of people.

Hillary doesn't have it any easier, even though she won't win the candidature. The South would threaten secession if she were to win. The deep ingrained hatred towards her can be seen across YouTube and on every station from there. This eight minute vid from YouTube shows a British TV show, Top Gear, crossing the state of Alabama with the mission of painting each other's cars in such a way as to get the others shot at. Hillary is mentioned in all her glory here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq-kK7GEb7M

The baggage she carries from her checkered past is known to be too much to even consider her as viable.

3. The Dems were riding high in 2006. The rallying cry was, "The Republicans have screwed us over long enough. It's time for a change. The Dems will now sweep house." Two years later, the house is just as dirty as before, the dislike for the contemptuous Republicans now seems a distant memory, and the only ones who continue chanting the above phrase are diehard Democrats and braindead people. With Pelosi's famous, "impeachment is NOT on the table," statement, the cat was out of the bag. The Dems had no intention to rock the boat. Their role was, and is, one of finger-pointing and head-shaking. Their role in the White House is at least four more years away.

4. The media is, and will continue to be, giving John McCain a free ride. Oh, the Dems will complain, but only to other Dems. Everyone else will just call them a bunch of sore losers. In case no one has caught on yet, McCain now tours and speaks to people with at least two or three "fact checkers" at his side. We have seen the famous Democrat/Independent/neo-Republican, and possible VP candidate, Lieberman on several occasions pull McCain aside to inform him that he just screwed up again. In any other country on the face of this Earth, such an act would spell curtains for the candidate. No populace would dare vote for a candidate who needs a nanny 24/7 to tell him he is wrong on national TV. But in the US, the media has made it a new angle shot, (1) McCain on camera making a "small" mistake, (2) McCain being pulled to one side (off camera) and told of his stupid remark, (3) full shot of McCain once again right afterwards nonchalantly stating that he totally screwed up because he didn't have a clue what he was saying and that he has just been informed that he's braindead (or something similar to that). Occasionally we'll get to see who was by his side, but certainly not during prime time TV.

4. This is perhaps the cruelest and sickest new arsenal in the corporate elitists cache to control elections. Four years ago we had Swift Boat that twisted and spun everything under the Sun to stab Kerry in his purple heart. We had all wondered how a person who went AWOL for a year could possibly trump someone who actually served in Vietnam and won an astounding 3 purple hearts and a bronze star. Impossible you say, well just watch Swift Boat. It's a good thing that Kerry and the Democrats never fought back because the house of cards the Swiftboaters built during those commercials would have fallen like a ton of bricks under ANY type of scrutiny. Once again, Kerry and the Dems doing what's necessary to continue this country's legacy.

Now we have Swift Kids. They are sick. They are obviously being manipulated. They don't even understand what they are saying on screen. And they will most assuredly pull at the heart strings of all those Christian brain deaders out there who are natural saps for kids saying anything at all. The commercial about Obama's use of cocaine is so dispiccable that it was hard just to sit through it once. Unfortunately, what these crass, sick Madison Avenue moguls don't realize is that, by giving small children the right to such a vocabulary on TV, they are by default giving kids around the country to right to say them, to investigate what they mean, and to experiment with their knowledge. Where we parents try very hard to keep such concepts guarded and inside pandora's box, these bastardos are putting in front of the entire nation for all to see. Small children saying, "snow" with pictures of cocaine in the background is any parent's worse nightmare. Now we'll have five and six-year-olds meeting during recess and discussing the latest commercial and who might have some of this "weird snow" so they can experiment. After all, if it was used by a parent running for president, it must be something REALLY important. FU Swiftboaters. That is so sick as to be revolting. I hope you get to see first hand the results of this with your own kids two years from now.

5. And the coup de grace. Vote manipulation. They cut their teeth on the Florida vote in 2000 and damn near screwed up. It's a good thing the Supreme Court was there to save them. But eight years later, it's party time. Electronic machines are out, so a back up system needs to be put in place. Fortunately, the idea that nonElectronic voting booths break down all the time has already made its rounds. Just make sure that the minority precincts have the worst of the worst. Fewer machines and ones that break down more often should solve that part of the equation.

The felony lists are all the rage this time. In 2000 only Florida was able to use them. Now we should be seeing them in every close state across the country. There are probably 100 electoral votes that could be swayed by proper use of these lists in states that have never seen them before. They don't need to work everywhere, just as long as they can sway 20 electoral votes. That would be a 40 vote differential in a two-party race.

The Native Americans still won't be allowed to vote. Sorry guys, but you vote far too liberal for the country at this time. There are a few states that could swing either way where you are. Better safe than sorry. The broken machines will beat its path to broken promises once again.

A novel twist on the nonElectronic machines could be the accidental tampering of other machines. Power outages really haven't been tried that much to date, but it would be a fairly safe and nondetectable way to change those tallies without too much notice. Even a machine that gives you a ticket could eventually "accidentally" change your vote through a power outage. It's some glitch, or power surge, when it came back on.

Expect major problems wherever minorites and Democrat voters cluster. You don't always have to manipulate the vote to win. One of the easiest ways is to have that process become too painful for all but the diehards. Usually, a six to eight hour wait will send 10% or more back home without voting. And in a two-party race, that amounts to a 20% vote swing at least.

6. Finally, the notion of accuracy that election polls before November and exit polls in November give must be smashed. We have seen this in 2000 when Florida suddenly flip-flopped thanks to Fox News. We saw this even more in 2004. And now we have a confusing New Hampshire which demonstrated the same thing. This is on purpose. This is necessary. Polls have always been a way of scientifically judging people's moods on a variety of subjects. They have proven to be almost 100% accurate with only one miss in the past 60 years.

And then there was Florida in 2000. And several more states in 2004 as well as primaries in 2008. The notion of the high accuracy of exit polling has been put into play. Thus, it can slip right by without notice that a state which was going Obama's way by over 5% suddenly came out with McCain on top by 2%, go figure. How funny. But since it's happened so much in the past, who's to know or be concerned??

McCain has this election pretty well sewn up. As long as the polls keep him within 5% of Obama, the rest is already in place. And there are plenty of mechanisms in place already to ensure that McCain will have smooth sailing throughout the fall.

Meet President John McCain, the 44th president of the US.

(Instead of "Hail to the Chief," whenever he enters a press room, they should be playing the theme from Final Jeopardy)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:21 am 

Let's not forget:
7. People such as yourself not voting, creating narrow margins that can be manipulated.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:47 am 

APL,

Thanks for the insult. Your style of monitoring other posters is quite unique, but I’ll certainly try my best to emulate your methods.

Actually, I’ve never missed a vote since 1976 when I voted for the first time, in Switzerland believe it or not. And I’ve never voted Republican nor Democrat. I’m sure you’ll find something in all this to insult me with, but please don’t strain yourself too much. I’d hate to be the cause of your insomnia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:07 am 

toeg wrote:
And I’ve never voted Republican nor Democrat. I’m sure you’ll find something in all this to insult me with.

The same as not voting at all, not insult just observable fact.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:17 am 

We shall differ then in our understanding of a person's vote.

I will never vote for the lesser of two evils, for that implies and an evil person will win. I have no desire to vote on purpose for an evil candidate.

I vote my conscience. The candidate that best reflects my viewpoints and my vision of world dynamics will ALWAYS get my vote. For me, it is morally reprehensible to throw one's vote away simply because the best candidate won't get elected. That's exactly how the corporate elitists want everyone to think. It's a lot easier for them to control two parties, than a myriad of different ones as is the case in many other countries.

Everyone tells me, "I'd vote for that person, but I know that they can't get elected because no one else will vote for them. Therefore, I am obligated to vote for one of the two main candidates, even though I don't really like either." That response is exactly what the corporate elitists wnat everyone to think. I'm sorry, but I treasure my right to vote too much just to throw it away on one of the candidates from the corporate elitests.

Vote as you wish. I will vote my conscience. That is my right as an American, at least until one of these elitist candidates takes that away from me too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:42 am 

I guess I miss the point of lamenting the fact you believe McSame will be POTUS and that Obama is unelectable because of racial dirty tricks, when you yourself have already determined not to vote for Obama. The NeoCons have already gotten the same net effect from you as not voting or voting for McSame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:51 am 

APL,

As I have stated several times before, IMHO Obama is almost identical to McCain. A vote for either would be a vote to continue the status quo. Neither one will dramatically alter our foreign or our domestic policies. I see no reason to vote for either.

You logical is right, but as the neocons would say, "The Democrats have already gotten the same net effect from you as not voting or voting for Obama."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:24 am 

On behalf of those extra human lives, both Iraqi and American, that will be lost with McSame in office over Obama, thank you for your vote. Yes, I freely admit it; I am a one-issue voter in this election. Any vote that will lessen the horror that is the Iraqi occupation, even one death, is the one my conscience forces upon me.

An added thought: If Obama and McSame are so identical, why would the Neocons spend such extraordinary amounts of effort and money ensuring McSame's election?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:30 am 

They have to pick someone. McCain has been groomed for a long time for this. Obama can be the first African-American down the road.

And I don't think for a second that Obama would bring the troops home the day he enters office. This is purely speculative, but I am not under the dillusion that Barack would make a significant difference in this regard if he were elected president. You speculate however you want, even though I don't appreciate the thinly veiled insult, I am learning your ways of posting here.

I'm taking notes so that I can post just like you later on.

Thanks,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:30 am 

soooo....... what will mcsame run his campaign on?

the war in iraq?...............yeah let's stay another 100 frickin years. aint gonna fly. score 1 for obama.

the continuation of the same current failed economic policy that has us paying skyrocketing prices at the gas pump, record filings for personal bankruptcy, a soon to collapse dollar bill, and millions of jobs lost via the exporting of them to other countries? score 2 for obama.

the continuation of civil rights policies that now include the sanctioning/approval of waterboarding as a means of interrogation which is highly illegal and in direct violation of the u.s. constitution. score 3 for obama.

the jack abramoff lobbying scandal that included the likes of convicted felons duke cunningham and bob ney who are currently serving prison sentences for thier crimes. plus the many other repugs like mcsame who also had ties to abramoff as well. score 4 for obama.

the darth cheney, karl rove, alberto gonzalas scandal that involved the eventual pardoning of the convicted felon scooter libby in coverup scandal involving cia operative valerie plame. score no. 5 for obama.

the coverup of mcsames ties and likely extramarital affair to a lobbyist.
score 6 for obama.

now tell me and everyone else where mcsame is going to come up with the manufactured ammo to run against obama.

i smell a landslide for the dems and with the likely large coattail effect of obama to help fellow dems who are running for seats in congress it's pretty easy to see why the repug machine is literally scared shitless of obama.

this election won't be close.

the repugs will be out of power for years well past obamas 8 year term.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:15 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

The only reason McSame needs to win is that the power elite own the media and the voting machines. They also want Iran and Syria crushed with American blood and $$$ so can they pipe the oil to their Asian investments.

Americans are largely innocent of the modus operandi of the power elite.

The real problem lies in that the power elite also own Clinton and Obama. The question is which candidate is not totally sold out The answer is not McSame.

Don't feel singled out when APL swings the scathe, APL is an equal opportunity insulter.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:30 pm 

Purple Tang wrote:
The only reason McSame needs to win is that the power elite own the media and the voting machines. They also want Iran and Syria crushed with American blood and $$$ so can they pipe the oil to their Asian investments.

Americans are largely innocent of the modus operandi of the power elite.

The real problem lies in that the power elite also own Clinton and Obama. The question is which candidate is not totally sold out The answer is not McSame.

Don't feel singled out when APL swings the scathe, APL is an equal opportunity insulter.

PT thanks. I'm glad someone else out there doesn't think that ALL Democrats are heaven sent and ALL Republicans are devil sent. Or that, "We'd better vote THIS TIME (which my firends invariably said in 1980, 1984, 1988, 2000, 2004) for a Democrat or all is lost." Every four years it's, "Even though I'm not for the Dems, you'd better vote THIS TIME for one, or all hell will break loose."It looks to me that "All hell" has broken loose a lot over the past 30 years.

I've been told that terms like "blowhard" and others are unacceptable "scathing" techniques. APL is showing me what "acceptable scathing" techniques are. I certainly don't want to enrage the admin here, so I am taking notes on how Mods here insult others so I can stay within the guidelines in case I go that route. I've been told before that my "scathing techniques" are not at all acceptable. So "blowhard" is out, but APL's techniques are in.

I am not endorsing McCain. I am predicting the future. In 2004 the Swiftboat people lied and helped Bush tremendously. This year Swiftboat kids for truth will do even better:

http://www.236.com/video/
http://www.goodwillhinton.com/swift_kids_for_truth
http://slog.thestranger.com/2007/11/swi ... _for_truth

Look for them during a sports program on a TV near you. They will persuade millions, just like the Swiftboat people did.

It's kinda funny when people throw the "If you don't vote Democrat THIS TIME the blood of those killed after the elections are on your hands." My response is, "If YOU had voted for my choice in 2000, we wouldn't be in this stupid unwinnable war to begin with and more than 4,000 US soldiers would probably be alive today along with over 1 million Iraqis." But no, it was IMPERATIVE that we vote against Bush, not necessarily for Gore, but against Bush.

I am given the right to vote. I cherish that right. I refuse to vote "against" anyone. I vote "for" the best candidate, not the most "winnable" but the best. I feel it's a debt I owe the founding fathers and all those who died to keep the US idea alive. They died to give me this right to vote my conscience. I don't think they died so that I could vote "against" someone, or "for" the lesser of two evils. I don't think they died so that I have to "vote a certain way or the 'bad guys' will win." They gave me the right to vote. I honor their deaths everytime in ensuring that this American votes his conscience. This American uses his right to vote to vote "FOR" a better USA, not the lesser of evils. This American has no problem standing before our forefathers and showing the list of people I voted for and saying, "They were the best candidates during that time." No one on that list received my vote because "So-and-so will win office if you don't vote for this other guy."

I don't vote against.

I don't think our forefathers gave us a country to "vote against" candidates.

I don't think that our forefathers gave us a country where only two parties, which act as one party, are the only pool from which viable candidates can emerge. Here is a list of interventions by the US over our history. Most of them are wrong.

http://adbusters.org/media/flash/hope_a ... meline.swf

Here is the speech by a former president which sums up how I believe our country should act on the world's stage. I'm constantly impressed how both Republicans and Democrats find fault with it. They nitpick and say that it's no longer valid. The world has changed and our role is different.

http://www.fff.org/comment/AdamsPolicy.asp

That is the America I grew up believing in. It may not be the America that Republicans nor Democrats hold forth, but it is MY America. And I will vote for MY America until the Republicans and/or Democrats take that freedom away from me, but it is far too precious a gift to throw away voting "against" someone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:08 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

U.S.M.C.....kicking butt and taking names. #1 collection agency for the central bankers.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:50 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

What the hell are you two talking about? APL didn't insult toeg. If you all are going to be thin skinned, at least wait until someone actually insults you before complaining.

What a couple of whiners!

There, now you have an actual insult to cry about. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:46 pm 

shoeless wrote:
What the hell are you two talking about? APL didn't insult toeg. If you all are going to be thin skinned, at least wait until someone actually insults you before complaining.

What a couple of whiners!

There, now you have an actual insult to cry about. :cry:

shoeless,

This is known as an insult:
Quote:
On behalf of those extra human lives, both Iraqi and American, that will be lost with McSame in office over Obama, thank you for your vote.

I won't go into detail, if you can't see it, then there's no use for me to explain the obvious. Perhaps this board considers such insults as normal chatter between moderators and posters. I will remind you that I was called for similar activity because I used the word, "blowhard." Apparently, the word blowarhd coming from a poster is consider scathing, yet the above insult from a moderator is considered normal conversation. I can tell you that I have not seen another board with such standards.

rooster,

I didn't see your post up there. To answer your concern on where McCain will get his political ammo to fight off Obama, I can simply point to the reasons I've already enumerated at the beginning of this thread. They are the ammo McCain will get to beat Obama. If you disagree with that first post, let me know. I was pretty specific about what McCain has in his arsenal. To me it's very obvious. If you feel that it is incorrect, I would appreciate you sharing your views on why you think so.