It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:31 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cafferty’s China Comments Spark Protest
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:07 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

OK...I understand that nobody likes to have their country or their kin insulted. But, Cafferty isn't wrong when he says that Chinese products are "junk."

[url=http://www.truthdig.com/eartotheground/item/20080419_caffertys_china_comments_spark_protest/]Cafferty’s China Comments Spark Protest
[/url]

Quote:
When CNN commentator Jack Cafferty called the Chinese “a bunch of goons and thugs” on the air April 9, Chinese-Americans were listening—and Saturday morning, thousands protested outside Hollywood’s CNN building, demanding that he be fired.

On the April 9 airing of "The Situation Room," Cafferty said of America's relationship with China: "We continue to import their junk with the lead paint on them and the poisoned pet food and export . . . jobs to places where you can pay workers a dollar a month to turn out the stuff that we're buying from Wal-Mart. So I think our relationship with China has certainly changed. I think they're basically the same bunch of goons and thugs they've been for the last 50 years."

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:53 am 

i don't really have much of a problem with caffertys comments.

the chinese governments actions over the last 50 yrs or so speak for themselves.

who's in an uproar?................probably the elite assholes who've spent tons of money to send our living wage jobs over there in order to reap larger profits as a result of extremely low wages that chinese workers make. labor abuses by corporations that operate in china are too numerous to list here but you get my point.

jack knows how to get in someones face and call things for what they are.
i respect that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:33 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Do you suppose the protesters would like to live in today's China?

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:47 am 

I'm guessing that since they live here they must not want to live there.

The goons and thugs part was pretty general though and I could see as how that would offend some people. The average Chinese is neither a goon nor a thug.

I do "like" cafferty (as much as you can like a "newsperson" these days), at least he sorta says what's on his mind, even if I disagree a lot with him. But you notice he doesn't get a daily show like puppets like Wolff do.

Anyway, my point was I can understand how it may offend as far as the goons and thugs part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:07 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

:lol: Wow! Those Chinese are really mad at Cafferty!

Chinese lawyers take CNN, commentator to court

BEIJING -- Fourteen Chinese lawyers have filed a lawsuit with the Chaoyang Court in Beijing against CNN and commentator Jack Cafferty, charging harm to their reputations from Cafferty's comments.

The plaintiffs, from Beijing Huanzhong & Partners, a Beijing-based law firm, demanded in the suit filed on Monday that CNN and Cafferty cease what they termed harmful acts, issue a public apology and pay each of them 100 yuan (US$14.30) in compensation for mental distress.

It is not immediately known if or when the court will accept the case.

During an appearance on "The Situation Room," a program that aired on April 9, Cafferty said while speaking about the US trade deficit with China:

"We continue to import their junk with the lead paint on them and the poisoned pet food and export, you know, jobs to places where you can pay workers a dollar a month to turn out the stuff that we're buying from Wal-Mart.

"So I think our relationship with China has certainly changed," he said,"I think they're basically the same bunch of goons and thugs they've been for the last 50 years."

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:38 am 

When do the Chinese apologize to us for killing our pets, poisoning our children, and now killing us with their tainted medecines?

As lefty pointed out, most Chinese people are not thugs. It is the arrangement between our governments that is at fault. And the fact the U.S. is falling down on the job of looking after what happens here including what comes into our country.

Just one of the too numerous to mention problems we have in this country.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid