It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:03 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What keeps you going?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:31 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I have spent the past seven years reflecting on the fact that this administration is bat shit crazy. The deeper problem is that all of the administrations since Carter has primarily focused on making very rich people a whole lot richer.

This has been done at the expense of almost everybody else. The scale is global.

With the new weapon of terrorism as the immaculate reason, fascism and police states have been making breathtaking strides. Only Alaska offers a refuge of comparative freedom...if you can bear nine months of winter.

Gas and food prices are soaring. All of our major candidates receive major funding from the Ford Foundation, the Trilateral Commission, the CFR, the Rockefeller family, Skull & Bones, the Bilderbergers, and the RAND group.

Our food is unhealthy. Our gas is supplemented by ethanol that is helping to usher in worldwide famine. Our banks have quit giving loans to anybody that needs a loan.

The national message is this....If you are not rich, you do not matter.

Obama offers a message of hope that many cling to with great determination. How many times have politicians failed to deliver on their promises? Indeed, how many have done the opposite of what they campaigned on?

Religion offers a message of faith. Yet it is significantly religious forces that are fueling the Iraqi genocide. We have arguably the most corrupt administration in memory, yet its 'leader' claims to take his directions from a divine source?

Our economy has not only been sold to overseas interests, our taxes have been used to pay these companies to transplant themselves up to half a world away.

I could go on and on but most of you know this is just the tip of the iceberg.

What keeps me going? I stubbornly cling to the hope that a miracle will prevail. A hope that is bolstered by the knowledge that many of the 'dark lords' are elderly and may expire in the foreseeable future.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:02 am 

Quote:
The national message is this....If you are not rich, you do not matter.

That is certainly the message! Even poor people repeat the message despite their own circumstances being pathetic.

How have so many been sold the bill of goods that only the rich are actually people? What are the rest of us? Allergens?

As you say, this is only the tip of the iceburg but at that, it is staggering when one has to think about it.

Is hope the detergent that can clean this up? There is so much that has been destroyed even if one only considers the past seven years--let alone the years leading up to them. We have been going down hill for a very long time now. And people don't give up power easily so I don't see a quick change to something better.

Hope and work, working together I think. We have to all want a better world, a better country, a better life for everyone that has been left out of the 'good times' we are supposed to be going through now. I do believe we have to find community, each other, and care. This business about only caring about yourself is what got us to this mess.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid