It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:25 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Quotes for April 15......
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:04 pm 

Quotes for April 15......

Best Liberal Quote of the Day: On Love "Love is an act of sedition, a revolt against reason, an uprising in the body politic, a private mutiny." — Diane Ackerman

Stupidest and/or Scariest Quote from the Right for the Day: On Holy War "Christian Nation——The Republican Party of Texas reaffirms the United States of America is a Christian nation, which was founded on fundamental Judeo-Christian principles based on the Holy Bible. We also affirm the right of each individual to worship in the religion of his or her choice."Texas State GOP Platform 2002. TexasGOP.org. {I note they did not include the right NOT to worship.}

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day: From the world of Baseball "Her name's Mrs. Coleman. She likes me." — Choo Choo Coleman, New York Mets catcher, when asked by Ralph Kiner for his wife's name and what she was like

Liberal Quotes of the Day taken from The Best Liberal Quotes Ever: Why the Left Is Right Compiled by William P. Martin ©2004

Quotes from the Right of the Day taken from Take Them at Their Words: Startling, Amusing and Baffling Quotations from the GOP and Their Friends, 1994-2004 Compiled by Bruce J. Miller with Diana Maio ©2004

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day taken from 1001 Dumbest Things Ever Said Edited by Steven D. Price ©2004

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject: Quotes for April 16......
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:58 pm 

Quotes for April 16......

Best Liberal Quote of the Day: On Marriage "A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person." — Mignon McLaughlin

Stupidest and/or Scariest Quote from the Right for the Day: On The Gender Gap "Now, if we did this procedure . . . of jamming scissors in the base of the skull and suctioning out the brains on someone who had raped and murdered 30 people, the Supreme Court and every member of this Senate would say, "You can't do that, you can't do that, that's cruel and inhumane punishment." Oh, but if you are a little baby, if you haven't hurt anybody, if you are nestled up in your mother's womb, warm and safe—supposedly safe—we can do that to you. In fact, it is our right, it is my right that I can do that . . . and you will hear rights, you will hear rights, my right to do this, my right to do that, it's my body, I can do whatever I want, I can kill this baby, it's my baby. Rights." — Sen. Rick Santorum (R-PA), on the Senate floor arguing for a ban on "partial-birth abortion." Congressional Record, S4432, 5-14-97.

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day: From the world of Baseball "I dunno. I never Smoked and Astroturf." — Tug McGraw, National League pitcher, when asked whether he preferred grass or Astroturf

Liberal Quotes of the Day taken from The Best Liberal Quotes Ever: Why the Left Is Right Compiled by William P. Martin ©2004

Quotes from the Right of the Day taken from Take Them at Their Words: Startling, Amusing and Baffling Quotations from the GOP and Their Friends, 1994-2004 Compiled by Bruce J. Miller with Diana Maio ©2004

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day taken from 1001 Dumbest Things Ever Said Edited by Steven D. Price ©2004

Post subject: Quotes for April 17......
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:08 am 

Quotes for April 17......

Best Liberal Quote of the Day: On Materialism "My primary concern is that we over-invest in things and under-invest in people." — John Kenneth Galbraith

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day: From the world of Baseball "Always root for the winner. That way you won't be disappointed." — Tug McGraw

Post subject: Quotes for April 19......
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:51 am 

Quotes for April 19......

Best Liberal Quote of the Day: On Meaning "What man actually needs is not a tensionless state, but rather the striving and struggling for some goal worthy of him. What he needs is not the discharge of tension at any cost, but the call of a potential meaning waiting to be fulfilled by him." — Victor Frankl

Stupidest and/or Scariest Quote from the Right for the Day: On Their Cold Dead Hands "[Sarah Brady] ought to be put down. A humane shot at a veterinarian's would be an easy way to do it. I wish she would just keep wheeling her husband around, wiping the saliva off his mouth once in a while—and leave the rest of us damn well alone." — Bob Mohan, talk radio host, KFYI Phoenix, on gun control activists Sarah and James Brady. The latter was Ronald Reagan's press secretary when he was shot with a handgun by John Hinckley on 3-30-81. Timothy Egan, "Talk Radio or Hate Radio: Critics Assail Some Hosts," New York Times, 1-1-95.

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day: From the world of Baseball "Raise the urinals." — Darrel Chaney, Atlanta Braves infielder, on how to keep the Braves on their toes

Post subject: Quotes for April 20......
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:22 am 

Quotes for April 20......

Best Liberal Quote of the Day: On Media "Conservatives enjoy their virtual monopoly over the nation's political conversation. . . . They paid a lot of money for it and they intend to keep it." — Joe Conason

Stupidest and/or Scariest Quote from the Right for the Day: On Respecting Our Elders "I would deny [the senior citizen] plaintiff relief because she has failed to establish the public policy against age discrimination "inures to the benefit of the public" or is "fundamental and substantial" . . . Discrimination based on age . . . does not mark its victim with a "stigma of inferiority and second class citizenship" . . .; it is the unavoidable consequence of that universal leveler: time."Judge Janice Rogers Brown, War Chimp nominee for a seat on the Federal Appeals Court in Washington. Her nomination has been filibustered by the Senate Democrats. Dissenting opinion in Stevenson v. Superior Court, 941P.2d1157, 1177, 1187 (Cal. 1997).

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day: From the world of Baseball "They shouldn't throw at me. I'm the father of five or six kids." — Tito Fuentes, National League infielder

Post subject: Quotes for April 21......
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:18 am 

Quotes for April 21......

Best Liberal Quote of the Day: On Moderation "I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Councilor or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate." — Martin Luther King, Jr.

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day: From the world of Baseball "I'm a four-wheel-drive-pickup type of guy. So is my wife." — Mike Greenwell, Boston Red Sox outfielder

Post subject: Quotes for April 22......
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:13 am 

Quotes for April 22......

Best Liberal Quote of the Day: On Morality "Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." — Marcus Aurelius

Stupidest and/or Scariest Quote from the Right for the Day: On The Art of Diplomacy "Over half the membership [of the United Nations] are thugs, they are terrorists themselves." — Rush Limbaugh. Audio played on "World News Tonight," ABC, 10-2-03. {What the drug addled gas bag didn't realize, this now included the United States.}

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day: From the world of Baseball "There is one word in America that says it all, and that word is, 'You never know.'" — Joaquin Andujar, National League pitcher

Post subject: Quotes for April 23......
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:43 am 

Quotes for April 23......

Best Liberal Quote of the Day: On Open-Mindedness "Where there is an open mind, there will always be a frontier." — Charles F. Kettering

Stupidest and/or Scariest Quote from the Right for the Day: On Cakewalk: Ongoing War "He [Rumsfeld] talked about his style of probing his staff to think ahead, to think out of the box, to make sure we're thinking about problems in every possible way. It's a good thing. We're asking questions instead of blindly walking down the path." — House Armed Services Committee member Rep. John Kline (R-MN), spinning Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld's memo of 10-16-03. Rumsfeld questioned the long-term strategy and effectiveness of the current war on terrorism. James Janega, "Rumsfeld memo roils D.C.," Chicago Tribune, 10-23-03.

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day: From the world of Baseball "That's why I don't talk. Because I talk too much." — Joaquin Andujar, National League pitcher

Post subject: Quotes for April 27......
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 4:09 am 

Quotes for April 27......

Best Liberal Quote of the Day: On The Patriot Act "You're not going to win the war on terrorism if you destroy who we are as Americans and take away our rights and liberties." — Wesley Clark

Stupidest and/or Scariest Quote from the Right for the Day: On Treason, Traitors, Freedom-Fried Frenchmen "That liberalism is a mental disorder that has undermined our families, our society and our national security . . . The Country is ever so slowly awakening to what has happened, but I don't know if we're going to be saved. Take a look at what's happening with Iraq. You have outright treason being committed by senators like Barbara Boxer. They might as well be working for Saddam Hussein. You've got people like Wolf Blitzer, who might as well be part of the propaganda machine of Saddam Hussein. If these people had been in power in the 1940s most of your readers would either be speaking German or be lampshades." — Michael Savage. Jerret Wollstein and Christopher Ruddy, "Michael Savage: Stop the Left From Causing Another 9/11," NewsMax.com interview, 2-1-03.{Wolf Blitzer working for Saddam? I love it when the right shoot their own!}

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day: From the world of Baseball "I want all the kids to do what I do, to look up to me. I want all the kids to copulate me." — Andre Dawson, Chicago Cubs outfielder, on being a role model

Post subject: Quotes for April 28......
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:52 am 

Quotes for April 28......

Best Liberal Quote of the Day: On Patriotism "'My country, right or wrong,' is a thing no patriot would think of saying except in a desperate case. It is like saying, 'My mother, drunk or sober'" — G. K. Chesterton

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day: From the world of Baseball "It would take some of the lust off the All-Star game." — Pete Rose, infamous Cincinnati Reds infielder/outfielder, asked about inter-league play

Post subject: Quotes for April 29......
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 5:19 am 

Quotes for April 29......

Best Liberal Quote of the Day: On Peace "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more." — Isaiah 2:4

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day: From the world of Baseball "It could permanently hurt a batter for a long time." — Pete Rose, infamous Cincinnati Reds infielder/outfielder, describing a brushback pitch

Post subject: Re: Archive of Quotes for April 2008
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:42 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
placeholder

That's a funny quote!!!! :mrgreen: :lol: :twisted:

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman