It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:43 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What John McCain Told Me, and What it Says About ...
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 1:05 pm 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/arianna-h ... 00183.html

" Arianna Huffington

What John McCain Told Me, and What it Says About How Far He's Fallen
Posted May 5, 2008 | 04:43 PM (EST)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...Original Post: At a dinner party in Los Angeles not long after the 2000 election, I was talking to a man and his wife, both prominent Republicans. The conversation soon turned to the new president. "I didn't vote for George Bush" the man confessed. "I didn't either," his wife added. Their names: John and Cindy McCain (Cindy told me she had cast a write-in vote for her husband).

The fact that this man was so angry at what George Bush had done to him, and at what Bush represented for their party, that he did not even vote for him in 2000 shows just how far he has fallen since then in his hunger for the presidency. By abandoning his core principles and embracing Bush -- both literally and metaphorically -- he has morphed into an older and crankier version of the man he couldn't stomach voting for in 2000.

McCain's fall has been Shakespearean -- and really hard to watch for those, like myself, who so admired and even loved him. His nobility and his true reformer years have given way to pandering in the service of ambition.

But a large portion of the electorate hasn't noticed the Shakespearean fall. How else to explain The 28/48 Disconnect -- wherein only a die-hard 28 percent of voters still approve of Bush, but 48 percent say they'd vote for McCain, who is running on the "more of the same" platform?

The thing is, these voters clearly still think of McCain as the maverick of 2000, a straight shooter who would never seek the embrace of a man he couldn't bring himself to vote for, nor accept the regular counsel of Karl Rove, the man behind the vile, race-baiting attacks on him during the 2000 campaign...."

http://www.cafepress.com/bootthepnac

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 1:44 pm 

This McCainian saga resembles more of a Machiavellian strategy than Shakespearean tragedy. John McCain is the envy of every despotic leader, which is why Bush entourage went after him so hard in 2000, because it takes a tyrant to know a tyrant. George W. Bush, (really Karl Rove) , knew McCain was and is NO maverick, so the Rovian campaign worked viscerally against McCain's clever cover of "...nobility and ... true reformer." The presidential race in 2000 was really just the Clash of the Neocons , and a lot of people see that now in hindsight. But McCain did indeed fool a lot of Americans back then, including this commenter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:01 am 

personally, i'm relishing the idea of how much fun it's going to be to expose the frickin facade of what makes up mccains thinly vieled exterior.

i'll be busy doing this at the grrass roots level among coworkers, family and freinds.

i'm also planning an editorial letter campaign to many of the major newspapers in central pa and the pittsburgh area.

one aspect that i'm going to use is the association mccain has with the right wing pastor john hagee. mr. hagee has made many, many derogatory comments against the catholic church and it's members. in central and western pa there is a huge segment of the catholic voting block and many are registered repugs who are comepletely unaware of who this guy is and how close he is to thier parties candidate.

my plan is to make sure they become painfully aware.

the truth can be brutally painful at times.

the repug party can't afford for this pa block of voters to hear the real truth about mccain and hagee.

my plan is to create as much damage to them as is legally possible.

just doin my job.

Post subject: "Outting" McCain
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 12:46 pm 

rooster wrote:
personally, i'm relishing the idea of how much fun it's going to be to expose the frickin facade of what makes up mccains thinly vieled exterior.

i'll be busy doing this at the grrass roots level among coworkers, family and freinds.

i'm also planning an editorial letter campaign to many of the major newspapers in central pa and the pittsburgh area.

one aspect that i'm going to use is the association mccain has with the right wing pastor john hagee. mr. hagee has made many, many derogatory comments against the catholic church and it's members. in central and western pa there is a huge segment of the catholic voting block and many are registered repugs who are comepletely unaware of who this guy is and how close he is to thier parties candidate.

my plan is to make sure they become painfully aware.

the truth can be brutally painful at times.

the repug party can't afford for this pa block of voters to hear the real truth about mccain and hagee.

my plan is to create as much damage to them as is legally possible.

just doin my job.

Rooster, you have no idea how much that pleases me :wink: Luckily,

and thankfully, Arianna Huffington has broken the ice to pave an easier

path for the rest of us. Arianna's revelations are making time in MSM

and spreading like wildfire on internet. Many commenters on

her blog are posting fabulous information we can use as tools of

outreach . Between now and November we can peel back years of each

and every layer of McCain's well-crafted facade, at home and abroad .

My plan is to contact Native American Tribal Councils regarding John

McCain's record of human rights violations against the Dineh Navajo for

Peabody Coal Co. in his home state of AZ.

http://www.statelocalgov.net/other-na.CFM

Here is one outstanding post at Huffingtonpost, and my response:

'in4success
Everything one needs to know about McCain/Lieberman/Neo-Con AGENDA:

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03072008/watch.html

please take the time to inform yourselves . . . this is our path to victory in 2008. Spread the link and bring awareness to this sick, twisted, horrific anti-American fascist ideology and agenda.

We do not need these people controlling the most powerful position in the free world -- it would be to our certain peril as a free nation.

I am actually begging you to engage and shout out from the mountain tops. please. Knowledge and Information are our greatest weapon. I can't believe even the most "reasonable" conservatives would support this madness.

Please -- Do Something!!!

MB covers the same Event:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/max-blume ... 57826.html Posted 06:29 PM on 05/10/2008

yankhadenuf
in4success Outstanding post , and will spread widely !
Unfortunately, McCain has even more homegrown and self-serving agendas that have violated human rights stateside . These hidden agendas have barely seen the light of day. Google "McCain Dineh Navajo Peabody" . Posted 09:59 AM on 05/11/2008 '

:)

Post subject: McCain to Me in 1999: Bush "As Dumb as a Stump"
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 3:46 pm 

(It just keeps getting better... dare I throw my head back in carefree laughter? Oh why not, it's MOTHER's DAY :lol: )

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/al-meyerh ... 01069.html

"Al Meyerhoff

McCain to Me in 1999: Bush "As Dumb as a Stump"
Posted May 9, 2008 | 06:01 PM (EST)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a lawyer might say (OK, I am one), I have no personal knowledge of whether John or Cindy McCain voted for George W. Bush in the 2000 election. However, now that that has been called into question by Arianna Huffington (who says no) and Huffington's truthfulness has in turn been questioned by the McCain campaign (although not yet by the McCains), I can offer the following anecdote as admissible hearsay shedding a little light on the subject:

Over the Fourth of July weekend of 1999, I had the good fortune to accompany my then fiancée (and now happily my wife) to the McCain vacation home in Sedona where she was interviewing them for a Home and Garden Television show. The interview itself was entirely apolitical, focusing on fabrics and furnishing in their lovely Oak Creek abode, topics about which I do recall the senator was less than comfortable discussing.

Always the goods hosts, the McCains also invited us to spend the day with them, including for barbeque, a favorite of John's. And as McCain flipped burgers, I could not help but ask his views about then candidate George W. Bush.

"He's as dumb as a stump," McCain offered. We then went on to discuss other matters (including Vietnam) but that quote remains seared in my memory.

So how the McCains actually voted that November is between them and their voting booth. But if John McCain did end up voting for Bush, then by his own admission he voted for a stump. "