It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:37 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Just starting the topic...My Parrot Doolie
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 3:43 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If everyone got a parrot we would have world peace. All you have to do is play with a parrot whenever you are mad or upset and you will laugh so much that you will forget what you were upset about!

Then again, there are some people, like Dick Cheney, who have no heart and find no pleasure in anything. He would probably stomp on any cute animal that he came accross.

You can see my little girl...Doolie, on the Daily Smile page on the main site. Scroll down!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 3:48 pm 

My Dog Blue thinks he's people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 4:13 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

My cats are Molly, Charlie, and Saber. Like Jesse says about his bird, I can play and romp with these characters and pretty soon, I forget about the political situation in our country and just think about how wonderful and important these animals are to me.

Molly is one Himalayan lady who is very independent and let's us know it if we stroke her when she doesn't want to be stroked. She lets the two boys know who is Queen of the House!

Charlie Bowtie is a sweet, laid-back, kind of black guy who likes nothing better than a patch of warm sunlight or to hang out with me beside the computer. He arrived at my house via a friend who has 8 dogs. He sauntered up to the yard where the dogs were and just said "hello, fellows...I'm kind of new here...where's the food?"

Saber, another short haired black is the prankster, the tree climber, and the one who has to always be out the door first thing in the morning.

They all think they're our substitute children since the nest is empty. We are allowed to live with them. :D

I'll post pictures asap...

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 9:31 pm 

My cats Scarlett and Juliet have been great stress relievers for me over the past few weeks. I just started a new and very stressful job about 4 weeks ago. It's great coming home after a long busy day to have my 2 babies waiting for me. As soon as I walk through the door, they just want to play and sit on my lap and they make me forget the stresses of the day.
Everyone should have a pet, whether it be a dog, cat or bird.
They are the best therapy in the world!!

-Eva

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:28 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Seamus posted this at OAC:

:lol: :lol:

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 2:18 am 

As a dog person, let me tell you about my seven cats. All came as strays--most strays I eventually manage to get over to the Animal Shelter, but these were all too frightened to be able to be pets for most people. They are getting on now, must be the youngest is 8 years old.

Three house cats, four outside cats that have two entrances to the cellar for a bad weather hideaway. Unfortunately, every stray knows to come here, and wild animals do too. Little house in the country you know.

Jesse, I have to apologize--I have been calling Limbaugh listeners parrots because they repeat everything he says as though it is a gem of wisdom. Can't say I will be able to stop doing that, it is ingrained by now but I will always think to myself that I have just insulted parrots. Maybe I am not too old to learn?

I don't call Rs 'pigs' because pigs are really nice animals given the chance to be. I don't insult pigs, why in the world have I been insulting parrots?

And a big 'HI' to Eva. Hope your new job is going well. Good that your cats help take the pressure off when you finally do get home. I know how important that is!

I still want another dog.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:32 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

dori wrote:
Jesse, I have to apologize--I have been calling Limbaugh listeners parrots because they repeat everything he says as though it is a gem of wisdom. Can't say I will be able to stop doing that, it is ingrained by now but I will always think to myself that I have just insulted parrots. Maybe I am not too old to learn?

I don't call Rs 'pigs' because pigs are really nice animals given the chance to be. I don't insult pigs, why in the world have I been insulting parrots?

No problem...it is an understandable comparrison. Parrots tend to repeat the dumebest things! Mine just rings like a cell phone. She has 3 distinct ring styles too! Too funny!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 3:34 pm 

dori wrote:
And a big 'HI' to Eva. Hope your new job is going well. Good that your cats help take the pressure off when you finally do get home. I know how important that is!

Hi dori..it's been a while since I've been on the board. The past few weeks I've been living in a fish bowl. The most I can talk about on this board are my cats because I have alot of catching up to with what's been going on politically in this past month.

Post subject: Re: Just starting the topic...My Parrot Doolie
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 6:46 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Jesse wrote:
If everyone got a parrot we would have world peace. All you have to do is play with a parrot whenever you are mad or upset and you will laugh so much that you will forget what you were upset about!

hmmm...I don't know...every parrot I tried to touch always bit me. :lol: