It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:32 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bush disappointed with intel before Iraq war
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:07 am 

Bush disappointed with intel before Iraq war

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Bush said Tuesday he was disappointed in "flawed intelligence" before the Iraq war and was concerned that if a Democrat wins the presidency in November and withdrew troops prematurely it could "eventually lead to another attack on the United States."

In an interview with Politico magazine and the Internet portal Yahoo, Bush also said he gave up golf in 2003 out of respect for U.S. soldiers killed in the war, which has now lasted more than five years.

"I didn't want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the commander in chief playing golf," he said. "I feel I owe it to the families to be in solidarity as best as I can with them. And I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal."

Bush said he made his decision after the August 2003 bombing of the United Nations headquarters in Baghdad.

A question submitted from the online audience asked Bush whether he felt he had been misled about Iraq as he made the decision to go to war. "`Misled' is a strong word," he said. "Not only our intelligence community, but intelligence communities all across the world shared the same assessment. And so I was disappointed to see how flawed our intelligence was."

"Do I think somebody lied to me? No, I don't. I think it was just, you know, they analyzed the situation and came up with the wrong conclusion," he added.
. . . . . . .

This fucking guy just pisses me off. The intel was skewed on purpose because of his veep Darth Cheney. Gave up golf out of respect? Give me a break, when you started drinking again you couldn't hit the ball worth a good god damn. This comment about a Dem leading to another attack makes no logical sense, after all he was in office when the worst attack happened, so a Repug in office should be feared.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:48 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

What a moron! What about riding his bike? :roll: What about that "mission accomplished" speech? Everyday that Bush is occupying the White House is a gross insult to all Americans, especially to the relatives of American soldiers, dead or alive.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:10 am 

the lying asshole is going to regret saying that frickin bullshit.

all of the memos on or before 9/11 clearly show the bushicons had repeated warnings. they completely ignored them.

this is just some of the huge amount of evidence that the obama campaign will use to run against gw bush this fall. obama and the dems are licking thier chops................i know i am.

bring it on morons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:04 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Keith Olbermann has a few choice words for "dear leader" and his "sacrifice:"

Olbermann special comment slams Bush's golf 'sacrifice'

Quote:
But it was a third remark which, Olbermann stated, "makes the rest of us question not merely his leadership or his judgment but his very suitability to remain in office ... perhaps the most startling reply of this nightmarish blight on our lives as Americans."

In response to a leading question, Bush explained that he had given up golf in August 2003 because of the growing violence in Iraq. "I don't want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the Commander-in-Chief playing golf. I feel I owe it to the families to be as -- to be in solidarity as best I can with them."

"Do you think these families, Mr. Bush, their lives blighted forever, care about you playing golf?" Olbermann asked indignantly. "Do you think, sir, they care about you? ... You didn't give up your pursuit of this ... morally bankrupting war. ... You didn't even give up talking about Iraq. ... You didn't give up your presidency. ... Four thousand Americans give up their lives and your sacrifice was to give up golf?"

"The war in Iraq is not about you," Olbermann concluded. "It is not, Mr. Bush, about your grief. ... Your war is about how you accomplished the derangement of two nations .. and about how you sent 4000 Americans to their deaths -- for nothing!"

"This last piece of advice. When somebody asks you, sir, about Democrats who must now pull this country back from the abyss ... about the cooked books and fake threats .. about your gallant, self-abnegating sacrifice of your golf game ... shut the hell up!
"

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:53 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I still maintain he has plans to stay in office. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 5:07 am 

remain in office?.................actually i can already see where the implementation of the patriot act is ready for the bushicons to use if they have the balls to stage another terror event on our soil.

bush and his cronies are makin a ton of cash in the middle east. why would they just stand by and let the dems and the american people take that all away?

it's a scary thought, but it could actually happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:23 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Has there ever been a political leader that backed the military industrial intelligence complex...and got whacked?

Anywhere?

I have a theory.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:28 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bush misused Iraq intelligence: Senate report

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -
Quote:
President George W. Bush and his top policymakers misstated Saddam Hussein's links to terrorism and ignored doubts among intelligence agencies about Iraq's arms programs as they made a case for war, the Senate intelligence committee reported on Thursday.

The report shows an administration that "led the nation to war on false premises," said the committee's Democratic Chairman, Sen. John Rockefeller of West Virginia. Several Republicans on the committee protested its findings as a "partisan exercise."

The committee studied major speeches by Bush, Vice President Dick Cheney and other officials in advance of the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq in March 2003, and compared key assertions with intelligence available at the time.

Statements that Iraq had a partnership with al Qaeda were wrong and unsupported by intelligence, the report said.

It said that Bush's and Cheney's assertions that Saddam was prepared to arm terrorist groups with weapons of mass destruction for attacks on the United States contradicted available intelligence.

Such assertions had a strong resonance with a U.S. public, still reeling after al Qaeda's September 11, 2001, attacks on the United States. Polls showed that many Americans believed Iraq played a role in the attacks, even long after Bush acknowledged in September 2003 that there was no evidence Saddam was involved.

The report also said administration prewar statements on Iraq's weapons programs were backed up in most cases by available U.S. intelligence, but officials failed to reflect internal debate over those findings, which proved wrong

OK...NOW WHAT IS GOING TO BE DONE WITH THIS REPORT? :evil:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:00 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

That would be more credible if they were not so eager to shoot up Iran...for precisely the same reasons.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:30 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Former anti-terror czar: 'Someone should have to pay' for Bush administration lies

The Senate Intelligence Committee has released the long-delayed final phase of its report on prewar intelligence, highlighting the Bush administration's misuse of that intelligence to lead us into war in Iraq. Richard Clarke, former counterterrorism advisor to both the Clinton and Bush administrations, appeared on Countdown with Keith Olbermann to discuss the implications of the report.

Clarke stated unequivocally that figures in the administration lied then and that Senator John McCain is not telling the truth now when he defends them. "Someone should have to pay in some way," Clarke emphasized. "I just don't think we can let these people back into polite society."

"The report does not use the word 'lie,' Olbermann began. "Are there lies?"

"There certainly are," Clarke replied. "This is a big report, but what it says is 'statements by the president were not substantiated by intelligence ... statements by the president were contradicted by available intelligence. In other words, they made things up ... that people in the intelligence community at the time knew were not true. ... To say that this is only something we could have known years later is just not true."

"What are we to make now of Senator McCain's ... remarkable claim that every intel assessment of the time was screaming 'WMD'?" asked Olbermann.

"Senator McCain's statements are contradicted by the facts, too," Clarke replied firmly. "He's also now justifying the intelligence statements of the president. ... We have the proof, four years too late, that those statements were flat out wrong."

"Prominent Democrats said today that impeachment was not a remedy to this," Olbermann continued. "Is there some other kind of remedy?"

"There may be some sort of truth and reconciliation commission process," Clarke said, referring to the system used in South Africa to expose and resolve the atrocities of the apartheid era. "If you come forward and admit that you were in error ... then you are forgiven. Otherwise, you are censured in some way."

"I just don't think we can let these people back into polite society," continued Clarke, "and give them seats on university boards and corporate boards and just pretend that nothing ever happened, when there are 4000 American dead and 25,000 Americans grievously wounded. ... Someone should have to pay in some way for the decisions that they made to mislead the American people."

Clarke concluded by pointing out that even former White House press secretary Scott McClellan is now expressing remorse for his role in the administration's deceptions. "He asked me to forgive him, and I think we do have to forgive people who ask for forgiveness," Clarke stated. "But first they have to admit they lied."

This video is from MSNBC's Countdown, broadcast June 5, 2008

WATCH VIDEO AT THE LINK.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman