All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:31 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Catherine wrote:
Quote:
"The Bible says the husband is in charge."

Yep..if it's one thing that the bible and fundamentalist men can't tolerate, it's a woman who takes control. :twisted:

Well, the reality is: In charge of what?

It seems many husbands are quite comfortable being in charge of the remote, while the wives are in charge of everything else (or else they don't get done):
* Household chores, like vacuuming and cleaning the house.
* Getting the groceries.
* Buying the kids clothes or stationary supplies for school.
* Taking the kids to school, and sports practice, and music practice, and play dates.
* Going to the school meetings, the PTA's.
* Etc.

And the wives might say, "I thought I left you in charge or mowing the lawn."

And he might reply: "You did, but the lawn mower aint charged. Which is why I'm sitting with my legs up, watching the game."

I haven't used this screen name elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:00 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

[url=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23958307/]Standoff emerges at polygamist ranch in Texas
183 children, women removed by state officials acting on abuse complaint

[/url]

More Morman shananigans!

ELDORADO, Texas - Ambulances were being sent Saturday evening to a polygamist compound in West Texas as authorities prepare "for the worst" in a conflict with members of the compound.

Prosecutor Allison Palmer said sect leaders Saturday refused to let authorities search a temple for a 16-year-old member who reported being physically abused.

Palmer told the San Angelo Standard-Times that medical workers were being sent "in case this were to a go in a way that no one wants."

She said that law enforcers are "preparing for the worst."

A search warrant authorized troopers to enter the retreat run by the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. They are looking for evidence of a marriage between the girl and a 50-year-old man.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:53 am 

You know this wasn't the idea of the sixteen year old girl.

Really turns the stomach...

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:00 am 

Catherine wrote:
They are looking for evidence of a marriage between the girl and a 50-year-old man.

Heard on a radio newscast on Nova M, that this evidence was a one-year-old child. Texas law does not allow a 16-year-old to marry even with parental consent. Children having children with men who should be grandfathering not siring, is one of the most hideous things I think of—castration seems too kind.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:45 am 

Quote:
castration seems too kind

Too kind, but necessary. And Jesus allowed it so it must be acceptable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:46 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

[url=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24014376/]Records: Polygamist sect married at puberty
Court documents allege sexual abuse at Texas ranch; two men arrested

[/url]

Quote:
A polygamist compound with hundreds of children was rife with sexual abuse, child welfare officials allege in court documents, with girls spiritually married to much older men as soon as they reached puberty and boys groomed to perpetuate the cycle.

The documents released Tuesday also gave details about the hushed phone calls that broke open the case, by a 16-year-old girl at the West Texas ranch who said her 50-year-old husband beat and raped her. Days after raiding the compound, officials still aren't sure where the girl is.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:35 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think the term "as normal as possible" in this situation is NOT what the mental health "experts" want for these children/teenagers. Normal to them was rape, brainwashing, abuse, and having to accept whatever else the rapists and pedophiles in the cult doled out. :evil:

I don't know how it will be done, but the job of making/helping these children be "normal" isn't going to be an easy one.

Maybe the operative words are "AS POSSIBLE."

Mental health experts enlisted to help with children of sect

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Re: 25 million abortions
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 10:35 pm 

dee35ann wrote:
I have no idea what that statistic means to you.

To me it is saying, were there that many rapes or womens life in jeopardy from a pregnacy or has abortion been used as a means of birth control?

Don't have an answer myself. I will say. however, someone may be playing God and deciding who shall live and who dies.

I will state again - only my opinion - right or wrong. No, I am not trying to bring anyone around to my way of thinking. So before anyone jumps my hide again - just come right out and tell me I do not have a right to an opinion.

I agree, you have a right to your opinion. I'm pro-life myself, so I don't understand the other side, and don't understand how people can "opinion" human lives away. It's not exactly playing God, but the other way around, like playing Satan to me. One side will say war is wrong, the other side will say abortion is wrong, when will everyone see that all killing for the wrong reasons is wrong. And then there is the argument that morals should not determine abortion laws. But all laws are based on morals. Of course there are exceptions, but abortion is the rule right now, not the exception. What if all war was the rule, instead of the exception? What if every act was the rule, not the exception? I guess I'm going to get flamed now too! :?

http://www.cafepress.com/bootthepnac

Post subject: Re: 25 million abortions
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:32 am 
Hear Me Roar!

yankhadenuf wrote:
dee35ann wrote:
I have no idea what that statistic means to you.

To me it is saying, were there that many rapes or womens life in jeopardy from a pregnacy or has abortion been used as a means of birth control?

Don't have an answer myself. I will say. however, someone may be playing God and deciding who shall live and who dies.

I will state again - only my opinion - right or wrong. No, I am not trying to bring anyone around to my way of thinking. So before anyone jumps my hide again - just come right out and tell me I do not have a right to an opinion.

I agree, you have a right to your opinion. I'm pro-life myself, so I don't understand the other side, and don't understand how people can "opinion" human lives away. It's not exactly playing God, but the other way around, like playing Satan to me. One side will say war is wrong, the other side will say abortion is wrong, when will everyone see that all killing for the wrong reasons is wrong. And then there is the argument that morals should not determine abortion laws. But all laws are based on morals. Of course there are exceptions, but abortion is the rule right now, not the exception. What if all war was the rule, instead of the exception? What if every act was the rule, not the exception? I guess I'm going to get flamed now too! :?

Im pro-life too. Problem is, I dont think life begins until birth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:57 pm 

Hear, hear. I agree with NYGG.

Forcing a woman to have a pregnancy and baby that she does not want is criminal. There are serious complications that can occur for a woman that is pregnant and its not something that should be a requirement that must be fulfilled. Only the woman who is pregnant gets to make the decision. Everyone else has no right to decide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:49 am 

I am with lefty and NYGG on this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:49 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Having children is a serious waste of time anyway. Smoke dope, drink beer and fuck social serv-ice.

You have to be mental to want children anyway. They are a serious waste of time and sanity.

Who needs them? The army? Industry? Useless self centered parents?

Spawn 'til you die fools.

If only we could abort parents - Fetus

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:20 pm 

So, Do'gs. You are seriously trying to find a fight here, or am I miss reading your hit and miss slams on those of us who post here and americans in general. Whatever floats your boat, really.

I just wanted to know your actual intentions before I attempted to respond to all your poo.

Post subject: Re: Husbands being head of the household.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

BUMP...just to see if anything has changed since this thread was last visited. :bigsmurf:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Re: Husbands being head of the household.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:41 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I'm the the head of the household because I AM THE MAN!!!!.........unless my wife says otherwise:)

In all seriousness, I really think that this involves the personality's involved. To varying degree's I think that it is safe to say that there is always one dominant personality in (almost) every relationship, including friendships, work, and household.

Something that I have noticed is that in most cases, it is actually the female who makes most of the decisions.

Heck...at best in my relationship with my wife, she will ask my my opinion and is she disagrees she still does what she intended to in the first place, at which point I ask her why she even bothered asking me!!! Sometimes I think that she is toying with me.

I have to say that if it is something that I consider to be of utmost importance, I will spend much more time explaining my reasoning and normally she will end up seeing exactly WHY I am so resistant to it, and gives in, but some of these can be hard fought. (Not fighting fought....more of a I have to have quite a bit of patience to get my point through).

One thing that I do wish is that it were still a one parent stays home while one goes to work society. I think that it would be better for the children. In all honesty, I think that its only the ignorant who view a man who is willing to stay home with the children to be somehow "lesser" of a man. To me, I can not think of anything more honorable....but thats just my viewpoint.

As to the issue of abortion. I'll stay out of this. I have my own thoughts but I doubt that they would affect the viewpoint of either camp. I know others may see it differently....as a matter of fact, I'm sure they will....but for me this is a non issue. There are bigger and more dangerous monsters in the closet right now that I have to be aware of. If I were going to even try to argue my point either way......well then in general, that would mean that I actually thought things were going pretty good in the world.

I dont.

Anyhow.....thats my story and I'm Sssticking to it!!

Dave.

Edit.

I realize that (from above) "In all honesty, I think that its only the ignorant who view a man who is willing to stay home with the children to be somehow "lesser" of a man." is very gender specific.

I realize that there are also women who choose to stay home who are looked down upon. In either case, I look very highly upon whomever it is who stays home.

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.