It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The real reason for citizen surveillance?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:56 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I developed a new theory here folks. You probably have not seen this before since it is about a day old. It is a product of reading a lot of books about our establishment then connecting some dots.

I'll start by saying that America is not a comparative hotbed for terrorism. Though there are isolated incidents of citizens going nuts, the truth is that you are tens of thousands more times more likely to die in an auto accident than through an act of terrorism.

I will also be truly politically incorrect and assert that stripping Americans of our rights and freedoms has increased the level of anger and served to increase acts that may be construed as terrorist in nature.

So what is massive citizen surveillance really accomplishing? Other than providing a market for billions of dollars in over priced technology?

Have you considered that government surveillance is a perfect way of knowing what your competition is doing? So you can always be a step ahead?

Surveillance lets the surveiller (probable mis spelling) know about purchase bargains. Surveillance gives pre emptive knowledge of price and product strategies. Surveillance provides intimate knowledge of financial matters thus allowing timely audits against competitors. Surveillance reveals computer passwords and allows web pages to be easiy hacked or disabled altogether. (My own web site was hacked on June 30th while I was railing about central banking. Dozens of links were disabled. Yesterday I corrected six grammatical errors that were installed on the main page within the past 48 hours.) Surveillance uncovers personal qualities that allows psyops programs maximum effectiveness. Surveillance tracking of motor vehicle patterns facilitate efforts by 'health alteration committees'. Surveillance broadcasts downloads...is it possible that the model was not yet 18 years old? Surveillance tracks activity....did that person take three steps out of the hotel shower without any clothing? Surveillance provides evidence....did that precinct worker indeed put a check next to the addresses of people of a certain nature?

If you know absolutely everything about a person, that person operates their life with a club over their head. Especially if there is a proclivity for showing black helicopters, martialling traffic, using tazers, breaking into homes, seizing life savings, breaking bones, torturing, telephone psyop operations.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:06 pm 

True story at local bookstore:

Clerk: Would you like free frequent shoppers reward card?

Customer: No! I don't want anyone keeping track of what I read. (Customer then pays with national brand name credit card)

Credit card companies keep detailed information on every transaction. Bookstore IT department lucky they can find ass with both hands. Customer lulled into false sense of privacy.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:53 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

The June 30th, 2007 hacking of my photography web site was small compared to the follow up. The June 30th hack simply disabled the links. The March 2008 hack made the entire main page disappear and was replaced by a message from the hackers.

I installed a screen shot of the original main page and inserted a link to my wedding packages but have not had a call or email from a new customer since. I have a guy working on a new web site, it is taking a very long time.

The web site in question is www.jadamsphoto.com for those who want to see evidence.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:10 pm 

Quote:
I have experienced associate photographers who can customarily fill in if I suddenly lose a limb.

PT—
Maybe...... something a little less disturbing might not scare off potential customers—just a thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:31 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

That is meant for humor, I got the idea from one of the most experienced and successful DJs in California. His exact words...struck me as a humorous deflection of that concern.

All words and phrases can be attacked and critically critiqued. The new web site will say almost nothing at all. Most people think reading is a real chore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:36 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Thanks for the input. I changed the wording.

*I wish we could edit our posts while we are still thinking about that post.

BTW....I'm 6'5"....voted Jolly Green Giant of my old high school. Not really pint sized. Where did you get this neocon accusation? My contributions have been to Gravel, Clinton, Paul, Kucinich, and Obama. Pretty much anyone who toes up to the neocons.

Last edited by Purple Tang on Wed May 28, 2008 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:37 pm 

You and I realize that humor aspect but it is always safe to assume potential customers have no sense of humor, remember your pint-sized NeoCon? Those getting ready to take the big step into marriage live in a optimistic dream world and any intrusion and/or deflection into reality will be strongly rejected.

On edit you changed to your.

Last edited by A Proud Liberal on Wed May 28, 2008 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:45 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Have I ever seen a thread more derailed by a 'well meaning effort'?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:44 pm 

Purple Tang wrote:
BTW....I'm 6'5"....voted Jolly Green Giant of my old high school. Not really pint sized. Where did you get this neocon accusation?

You made a post about a kid client that was a rabid Repug—hence the reference to pint-sized NeoCon, definitely not meant to reference you but your potential customer base.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:25 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Oh yea....I called him a 14 year old client. Sorry. He has been a client for 14 years.

20 years of experience and now about 80 18-wheelers. I greatly fear for their survival as they often tell me that they are not doing well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:55 am 

with all this survallence you should be able to just phone someone up to find who hacked into your website...is no hacking illegal now adays?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:08 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
is no hacking illegal now adays?

In the US of Bush, who knows? You asked an interesting question about all the surveillance, thebeach. Since it's Bushco doing it, I am assuming that everything we do electronically is being monitored. It must be a nightmare of logistics, though. Imagine a flight controller's screen, only multiplied millions of times! :P

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:02 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

[url=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24969880/]Cell phone users outside U.S. secretly tracked
Study tracking 100,000 raises privacy, ethical questions

[/url]

Researchers secretly tracked the locations of 100,000 people outside the United States through their cell phone use and concluded that most people rarely stray more than a few miles from home.

The first-of-its-kind study by Northeastern University raises privacy and ethical questions for its monitoring methods, which would be illegal in the United States.

It also yielded somewhat surprising results that reveal how little people move around in their daily lives. Nearly three-quarters of those studied mainly stayed within a 20-mile-wide circle for half a year.

Researchers used cell phone towers to track individuals' locations whenever they made or received phone calls and text messages over six months. In a second set of records, researchers took another 206 cell phones that had tracking devices in them and got records for their locations every two hours over a week's time period.

The study was based on cell phone records from a private company, whose name also was not disclosed.

I'd like to know the name of the cell phone company!
:evil:

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:37 pm 

A Proud Liberal wrote:
True story at local bookstore:

Clerk: Would you like free frequent shoppers reward card?

Customer: No! I don't want anyone keeping track of what I read. (Customer then pays with national brand name credit card)

Credit card companies keep detailed information on every transaction. Bookstore IT department lucky they can find ass with both hands. Customer lulled into false sense of privacy.

PT you and my Dad would get along GREAT! :lol:
Pre-pre-9/11, I mean like the '80's when my Dad first retired and had lots of time on his hands, he'd harangue with grocery & store managers about mismarked prices, and taking his personal information on "Customer Service" cards, etc. The discussions inevitably would be relayed to me (Mom must've heard enuf by then :) ). Finally , I would say
"Dad, I'm sorry , but it really doesn't bother me if the grocery chain headquarters knows how many times a month I buy a loaf of bread !!!"

Of course, post-9/11, my own words would come back to haunt me. Guess who told him about PNAC ? Father knows best :wink:

http://www.cafepress.com/bootthepnac

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:37 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Yep....the older generation remembers when citizens could fearlessly speak up. They still do.

There were raised with a mostly intact Constitution.