It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:55 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: HONEST BILL COSBY TELLS US BLACKS THE TRUTH
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:34 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

FINALLY! BILL COSBY TAKES TO THE STAGE ONE MORE TIME TO TRY TO TALK SENSE TO BLACK AMERICANS, BUT HIS MESSAGE COULD BE DIRECTED AT EVERY AMERICAN!

[url=http://rense.com/general82/ana.htm]Honest Bill Cosby Tells
US Blacks The Truth

[/url]

Quote:
'They're standing on the corner and they can't speak English. I can't even talk the way these people talk...

Why you ain't

Where you is

What he drive

Where he stay

Where he work

Who you be...

And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk. ;< /SPAN>

And then I heard the father talk.

Everybody knows it's important to speak English except these knuckleheads. You can't be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth.

In fact, you will never get any kind of job making a decent living. People marched and were hit in the face with rocks to get an education, and now we've got these knuckleheads walking around.

The lower economic people are not holding up their end in this deal.

These people are not parenting. They are buying things for kids. $500 sneakers for what??

And they won't spend $200 for Hooked on Phonics.

I am talking about these people who cry when their son is standing there in an orange suit.

Where were you when he was 2??

Where were you when he was 12??

Where were you when he was 18 and how come you didn't know that he had a pistol??

And where is the father?? Or, who is his father?

People putting their clothes on backward, isn't that a sign of something gone wrong?

People with their hats on backward, pants down around the crack, isn't that a sign of something?

Or, are you waiting for Jesus to pull his pants up?

Isn't it a sign of something when she has her dress all the way up and got all type of needles [piercing] going through her body?

What part of Africa did this come from
??

BILL IS SO CORRECT WHEN HE SAYS:

Quote:
It's NOT about color...
It's about behavior
!!!

- Dr. William Henry 'Bill' Cosby, Jr., Ed.D.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:24 pm 

This speech is very old. (2004 I think) Though I know that Cosby is a champion for education among poor black people. I can agree with him when he says that people need to get off of their asses and NOT speak poorly and try to make good grades and try to be parents (instead of making the schools do it); but there is another side to this argument entirely where racists can go "see, its them @#$$%^@, they ain't as smart as us white folks, even their hero Bill admits it".

I live in MS and I am especially sensitive to racism and I am afraid that people take his remarks and skew them to their own ends. Yes, ALL people, especially people of my generation, need to understand that poor language skills and little education are a problem, but many racists are just going to use it to say black people are losers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The wonderful thing about Bill Cosby speaking TO black people directly is that black people and white people love and respect him. If a person is a racist, they're not going to find it very difficult to find validation for their racist beliefs, though.

Other races, but especially whites, would do well to listen and heed Cosby's words, too. No race is so good or so infallible that its members can't stand some improvement.

IMO, Barak Obama will have a lot of influence on the young people of this nation if he becomes POTUS. We've not had an intelligent president in eight years! Just to listen to Obama talk is a pleasure.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:29 pm 

I have noticed among my son's generation that even those with basic verbal skills (all ethnic groups represented) there is a lack of basic math skills, specifically money handling. At many fast food and retail places if the cash register didn't tell them the change to give, they would be clueless in determining for themselves what the correct change should be. I often get 4 dimes for forty cents in change. I remember one time I gave them the extra change so I would get 50 cents in change, which should be two quarters but I got five dimes instead. Another example is tipping, when using a credit card, I always round up to an even dollar, I have had more than one server comment they don't know how I was able to figure that out in my head.

My thinking runs along the lines of teaching to "The Test." Many schools are so desperate that their students score well on standardized tests that a well-rounded education has been thrown out the window. In California, this goes all the way back to when Ronnie Raygun was Governor.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:30 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
I have noticed among my son's generation that even those with basic verbal skills (all ethnic groups represented) there is a lack of basic math skills, specifically money handling. At many fast food and retail places if the cash register didn't tell them the change to give, they would be clueless in determining for themselves what the correct change should be. I often get 4 dimes for forty cents in change. I remember one time I gave them the extra change so I would get 50 cents in change, which should be two quarters but I got five dimes instead. Another example is tipping, when using a credit card, I always round up to an even dollar, I have had more than one server comment they don't know how I was able to figure that out in my head.

True words, APL! When I give GED students at the community college a preliminary test to determine their levels of basic knowledge about reading, math, and language, they look at me aghast when I tell them they are not allowed to use a calculator on the math part. When I grade the tests, I find most of their scores to be lowest in math and language.

I shudder to think of what my great-grandchildren's world will be like!

Here's a transcript of

DR BILL COSBY SPEAKS
at the 50th Anniversary commemoration
of the Brown vs Topeka Board of Education
Supreme Court Decision

LINK

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman