It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:14 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Magic trick costs teacher job
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:37 am 

Magic trick costs teacher job

Quote:
Land 'O Lakes, Florida -- The stories in the news about inappropriate relationships between teachers and students have been overwhelming. There was even a substitute teacher in New Port Richey who got in trouble after investigators say she had a relationship with an underage student.

Well, another Pasco County substitute teacher's job is on the line, but this time it's because of a magic trick.

The charge from the school district — Wizardry!

Substitute teacher Jim Piculas does a 30-second magic trick where a toothpick disappears then reappears.

But after performing it in front of a classroom at Rushe Middle School in Land 'O Lakes, Piculas said his job did a disappearing act of its own.

"I get a call the middle of the day from the supervisor of substitute teachers. He says, 'Jim, we have a huge issue. You can't take any more assignments. You need to come in right away,'" he said.

When Piculas went in, he learned his little magic trick cast a spell that went much farther than he'd hoped.

"I said, 'Well Pat, can you explain this to me?' 'You've been accused of wizardry,' [he said]. Wizardry?" he asked.
. . . . . .

It was an at-will job. District would be in clear if they gave no reason, this might just be their downfall, being backwards 17th century witch believers.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:58 pm 

That is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard of. My god, how fucking stupid are people around here???????????????????????????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:24 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Amazing

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:30 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I guess I missed this story while I was in....FLORIDA! :wink: (Yep, I was down there learning how to be a witch! ) :twisted:

This is outrageously stupid...even my school district doesn't go that far.

We had magic shows at school often during my teaching career. One couple (he was a magician, she was a ventriloquist) returned every year and did their show around the SAY NO TO DRUGS message. The kids had a great time...and so did we faculty members! :P

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:20 pm 

Catherine wrote:
I guess I missed this story while I was in....FLORIDA! :wink: ...

Welcome to Florida 8) .. its either feast or famine here, no reaction to real crime, or false accusations for silly stuff ! And when we get bored if things get too "normal" , we go to amusement parks :P

http://www.cafepress.com/bootthepnac

Post subject: Re: Magic trick costs teacher job
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:29 pm 

A Proud Liberal wrote:

It was an at-will job. District would be in clear if they gave no reason, this might just be their downfall, being backwards 17th century witch believers.

That's the great part about these assinine laws, is that assinine people enforce them...in other words , firing the sub teacher with cause BACKFIRED :D (he-he).

http://www.cafepress.com/bootthepnac