It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:39 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: AN EXCELLENT EMAIL ASKS THE DEMOCRATS TO UNITE NOW
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:21 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I saw this email at the All Hat No Cattle website and thought it spoke volumes about the need for the Hillary supporters to come together with the Obama supporters and UNITE:

Email

Subject: to Hillary supporters

hi, Lisa,
i just watched Obama's acceptance speech and was literally moved to tears. i have to ask Hillary's supporters to please think long and hard about the threat some have made to vote for McCain if she's not the nominee. Please don't throw your country and the planet under a bus because your candidate didn't win the battle. The war is the most important contest and we need you all. No one who believes in what the Democratic party stands for can possibly in good conscience vote for someone who is diametrically opposed to what we believe to be right and good. if you wouldn't vote for Bush, i beg you not to vote for McCain. for all intents and purposes, they are one and the same. they both represent and embrace the views and beliefs of a party that does not have the best interest of American citizens at heart. Barack Obama is the best hope for a brighter future for ourselves and our children.
This is not a personality contest, it's a job interview. If you voted for Hillary because she's a woman, you voted for the wrong reason. if you refuse to support Obama because Hillary didn't win, that is the most serious form of cutting off your nose to spite your face, and we will all suffer for it if he loses. this is the most crucial election of our time. the very survival of our species may depend on it. the battle is over, now we must win the war.
hugs,
Kathy
Murfreesboro, TN

Obama will be in limbo until he kisses and makes up with Hillary.

I agree with you, the Democrats must unite and now is the time for its new leader, Obama, to do just that, lead to unite the party.

Thanks for writing

http://allhatnocattle.net/6-4-08_obama_wins.htm

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman