It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:20 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FOX MUST BE GETTING DESPARATE!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:03 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

[url=http://rawstory.com/news08/2008/06/10/fox-hires-controversial-talker-to-fill-evening-time-slot/]Fox hires controversial talker to fill evening time slot
[/url]

Struggling to hold on to viewers in an early-evening time slot, Fox News has decided to give a controversial right-wing radio host a trial run hosting a new show.

The New York Times reports that conservative talker Laura Ingraham will join a rotating series of personalities on a new 5 p.m. program. Network executives “appear to be grooming her as a new talent for the network,” according to the report.

Ingraham, who frequently fills in for the brash Bill O’Reilly on Fox, has made a name for herself with a popular talk radio show that is among the top-rated in the country. Fox will need the rating help, as its previous 5 p.m. report — America’s Election HQ — placed third last week in the advertiser-coveted 25- to 54-year-old demographic, the Times reports.

It’s not just at 5 p.m. where Fox is struggling, either. The network’s most recognizable loud-mouth slipped from his No. 1 spot last week among the viewers advertisers want most.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:29 am 

i saw also last week that olbermanns show actually pulled ahead of oreilly in the ratings.

looks like the truth is starting to actually have an effect that is becomnig a huge liability to the bushicons propaganda machine.

great, great news.

now the other problem that needs to be dealt with...........the talk radio battle. i wish air america had a bigger impact. a lot of work needs to be done in the facet of the public media.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:01 am 

rooster wrote:
now the other problem that needs to be dealt with...........the talk radio battle. i wish air america had a bigger impact. a lot of work needs to be done in the facet of the public media.

Since I live in the home area for Nova-M, I view Air America as just another MSM. Mike Malloy and Randi Rhodes were both let go from Air America for being too strong against the likes of Fox and Rush Limpdick. If you can't get Nova-M over the airways, I definitely urge you to listen to a web stream at:

http://www.novamradio.com/live/stream.php

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:47 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

[url=http://www.truthdig.com/eartotheground/item/20080702_fox_sinks_to_new_lows/]Fox Sinks to New Lows
[/url]

Fox News apparently doesn’t handle bad publicity very well. In response to a New York Times story that suggested the network’s ratings might be slipping, the co-hosts of “Fox & Friends” cried foul, broadcasting photos of Times reporter Jacques Steinberg and editor Steven Reddicliffe. The problem? The “news” channel had doctored the pictures to make the journos appear less attractive.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:38 am 

just saw this story on dan abrams show.

kinda proves how these assholes will stoop to any level to absolutely lie and use media to sell ideological propaganda.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:23 am 

Maybe that is the way they actually see the world? Their opinions are always askew, maybe their vision is too?

As for Air America, my problem with it is that it seems to be only on stations with little power. I can only get it on the computer and I am not on the computer much any more.

Thank you APL for the novam link--I will try it as soon as I am able to do so. Is Randi Rhodes on there? I love her show.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid