It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:44 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: compassionate conservative!!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:11 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

So, a guy goes off to war, becomes a genuine war hero. Is held for years by the enemy, during which time his adoring wife, while waiting for his return, gets into a Christmas Eve car accident which leaves her permanently disfigured. He comes home and tries to make it work, but the people have changed.

He wants to live a little after all he’s been through. She’s just happy to be alive after all she’s been through, and glad that he’s alive and home. But they can’t put the pieces back together again, much as they both might have wished they could. He goes off and has a little fun, eventually marrying someone else.

And the woman who waited for him, the one he originally married, says she’s grateful for his generosity, as he has agreed to pay her medical bills for life and, even now, at the age of 70, says she still adores him and will vote for him to be the next President of the United States.

Is this so wrong? Read on:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... ehind.html
http://liberalland.com/2008/06/10/everybodys-hero/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:27 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

No, it's not "wrong," but if she still "adores" McSame after he dumped her for a young beer heiress long ago, she's got a screw loose....nothing wrong about that, either...she's just not someone whose judgement I'd personally trust on this or anything else.

Maybe he's paying her some of that $58,000+ he gets from the government for being retired and "disabled." That's a pittance to him, but she'd probably think he was being soooooo generous! :roll:

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:21 am 

hmmmm........................ compasionate conservative.

let's remove the adjective from in front of conservative as it doesn't belong there in the 1st place.

the gop version of compassion is pretty much nonexistent but they do cling doggedly to the moniker "consevative" as though it's some sort of theological mantal that has been bestowed on themselves from a higher power.

nothing could be further from the truth.

i've just started reading a very interesting book that's been out for about a year now that deals quite well with the subject of this thread. the book is john deans "broken government". i'm about 50-60 pages into it in the 1st chapter and so far dean has explained just exactly how far off base the gop really is. he dissects the word "conservative" into many facets and points out how the word serves to seep into the subconciousness of the types of largely uninformed voting bloc or blocs that the gop covets so much to form a largely faithfull but nonetheless braindead group of voters.

the guy is a very shrewd and astute writer and based on what i've read so far i'd give the book a definite must read status for anyone. the wife picked it up for me on amazon for 6 bucks.......the hardback version no less! i was shocked.

and besides, dean was a key insider of one of the most heinous cabals of repugs to rule in washington. this, sadly, is now being eclipsed by leaps and bounds with the present empirecal bastards who currently reside at 1600 pa ave.

conservative my ass..............that word just plain makes my blood boil.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:54 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

McCain owns eight homes now that he has jumped in the sack with the Bu$h/Ch$n$y cabal.

Whoever is financing his political adventures has plenty of pocket change to keep the ex mum.

Whoever= Wall Street/Illuminati/Rockefellers/Defense contractors/Zionists

Do I make controversial statements or what? :twisted:

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:56 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

here ya go...more compassionate. every month we have a charity event all month. whether it be a money jar for diabetes, march of dimes, breast cancer, MS, and a lot of others. this month is a canned food driver for the local food pantry. so my "compassionate" conservative friend at work blows up at break over the food drive. they were talkin about the food drive and he just blows: "FUCK THEM!" "IM STRUGGLING TOO!" "but im making it. if you keep handing out to these people theyll never get on their feet again. theyll just keep sitting there and waiting on the hand out." "GET A JOB! IF THAT DOESNT WORK GET A SECOND JOB"! I did not hear this personally but 4 people came back in from break and told me about it. my team lead, who is a moderate, was very upset at what he said. he said "dude i cannot believe what i just saw an heard." i told him i wasnt shocked and thats how republicans are. he said "no man, im republican, my brothers are republicans, my mom an dad are republican and we are nothing like that. that mans just a cooc and has an anger problem".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:44 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
no man, im republican, my brothers are republicans, my mom an dad are republican and we are nothing like that. that mans just a cooc and has an anger problem".

This statement is essentially correct....at least about the Republicans I grew up with...my parents. They were poor themselves, but always willing to share what they had...with anyone.

The Repub who blew up is a Faux News-Right-Wing Talk Radio-Bush-Cheney Neocon Repub...no relation to the old Repubs of long, long ago...IMHO!

I hope you're still kicking his ass, justin...every chance you get! :twisted:

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:50 pm 

justinmoon22 wrote:
. . .
i told him i wasnt shocked and thats how republicans are. he said "no man, im republican, my brothers are republicans, my mom an dad are republican and we are nothing like that. that mans just a cooc and has an anger problem".

It might be time for him and his family to realize that being a Repug is voting against his own self-interests and handing more money to the corporations from their pockets. The other guy is just getting his talking points from Limpdick and O'Puke as originally propagated by Ronnie Reagan.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:25 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
I hope you're still kicking his ass, justin...every chance you get!

he doesnt debate me much anymore. he gets too pissed and storms off. yes. storms off. like a child. dead serious. he came to me last week with "Guess whos quiting their church?" I said "What?" with a confused look on my face (playing dumb cuz i could care less about someones church). He says "Beerock Hussein". I said "Ok....and?" shrugging my shouldrs. "Just thought you'd like to know" he said. I said "dude i could care less about the mans religion or church. his church doesnt dictate how he runs a country, he does. why do you care? Cuz thats all you got. Thats it. Thats all you have dude. sad." well that prompt him to come around the desk to my side and get closer. he says angry "well when you sit there for 20 years listening to a crazy man talk it intoxicates your decisions!" Anyone who knows me knows i talk real calm when i debate. you get no where by yelling. I said in a calm low voice "since you are going there i guess you call Ron Parsely and Jon Hagee's points of view sane huh? thats not crazy. a man says GOD sent hitler to do his work? you support that?? you want to play guilt by association lets play guilt by association. one of those people are Mccains MORAL COMPASS remember?" He BLEW UP! I mean BLEW UP. "SEE...SEE...SEE! YOU CANT EVEN HAVE A RATIONAL CONVERSATION!" he turned and stormed off stomping his feet like a 4 year old. as he walked away i said calmly "YOU cant have a rational conversation, your the one storming away. YOU cant handle dialog" he just kept walking away and slapped a skid with his hand. thats how all of our debates end. 5-20 seconds and him angry. this is the same man who told me the reason we invaded Iraq is "we had to attack Iraq cuz all the terrorist were there!" i said "all the terrorist in the world are there?" he says "all of Al Qaeda was there" i laughed out loud at him and said " i gotta go, i need intelligence."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:18 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I still hear Bu$h fans justifying the invasions of the grounds that Iraq "wanted nukes" and that Saddam "had a lot of money that he was helping terrorists with."

Where do these people get their talking points?

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:53 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Purple Tang wrote:
I still hear Bu$h fans justifying the invasions of the grounds that Iraq "wanted nukes" and that Saddam "had a lot of money that he was helping terrorists with."

around here its 700WLW. Billy Cunningham. google him. youtube him. youll see. hes the one who introduced Mccain a few months ago in Cincy and stired up all kinds of trouble. 700WLW is ultra conservative. and who else does my co worker love to listen to other than WLW.......Sean Hannity and Mann Coulter. loves em

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:42 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

justinmoon22 wrote:
Purple Tang wrote:

around here its 700WLW. Billy Cunningham. google him. youtube him. youll see. hes the one who introduced Mccain a few months ago in Cincy and stired up all kinds of trouble. 700WLW is ultra conservative. and who else does my co worker love to listen to other than WLW.......Sean Hannity and Mann Coulter. loves em

Alexander Hamilton headed up the super conservative Ultra Federalists. They were also pining war hawks that tried to get us to go to war with France. The nation that did so much to help us prevail in the revolution.

I find that liberals like sex/love and conservatives often favor war/death. But thats no secret.