It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:44 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ANOTHER RADIO TALK SHOW HOST OUTRAGE!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:44 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Radio talk show host calls for murder of anti-war activist

Michael Reagan, radio talk show host and son of late president Ronald Reagan, could be investigated by the FBI after he called for the execution of Mark Dice, anti-war activist and founder of media watchdog group The Resistance, on the air.

On the June 10th edition of his nationally syndicated Radio America show, Reagan called Dice and others in the “9/11 Truth” movement “traitors” after learning that they were sending letters, declassified documents and DVDs to troops in Iraq that they say point to government involvement in the attacks on the World Trade Center in 2001.

The effort is part of The Resistance’s “Operation Inform the Soldiers.”

“I don’t want the soldiers who are risking their lives in Iraq to be used as pawns in the creation of the New World Order,” Dice said in a recent press release. “I personally know U.S. Marines who believe 9/11 was an inside job, and they tell me that many Marines suspect that this is the case but are afraid to speak up out of fear of punishment.”

We ought to find the people who are doing this,” Reagan said, “take ‘em out, and shoot ‘em. Really. Just find the people who are sending those letters…to demoralize our troops…they are traitors to this country…and shoot them. You have a problem with that? Deal with it. But anybody who would do that doesn’t deserve to live. You call them traitors–that’s what they are–and you shoot ‘em dead. I’ll pay for the bullet.”

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:39 am 

Here on Father's Day we have a fine example of another acorn not falling far from the tree. In this case, when father or son find it difficult to attack the message, they instead attack the messenger. Ronnie did it on a regular basis, starting first with Vietnam War protestors on California college campuses; he labeled them as traitors for daring to question the war. Michael has now taken up the banner with this latest outrage. The problem stems from the fact he is unable to address the core issues and finds it much more convenient to attack the messenger. The true traitors in Iraq are the War Chimp and his NeoCoNazi sycophants, with Michael Reagan being one of the leading psychotics. They fear most that the next 4,000 Americans to die for their ill-conceived occupation might die knowing full well it was for a lie. Reagan shouts from the rooftops how patriotic he is and then ignores the basis of patriotism, defending the Constitution, the Freedoms of Speech and Press, and the right of due process, are things they need to ignore. The only charge that makes sense, incitement to murder, will never be brought against St. Ronnie's son.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:40 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Being a war sycophant, he can sleep well--not having to ponder the meaning of various bumps in the night.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:11 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

why arent his kids serving?? or are they? i dont know this bloke, nor do i intend on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:40 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

According to Wiki, Michael Reagan was adopted by Ronnie and Jane Wyman in 1945. Who knows what his genetic background is...not that it would've been improved if he had been Ronnie's biological son.

Quote:
He married Colleen Reagan (née Sterns) in 1975, an interior decorator. Together, they have two children, son Cameron and daughter Ashley, and reside in the Sherman Oaks area of Los Angeles.

Two kids...someone ought to call into this idiot's show and ask him if his two yardbirds are doing their patriotic duty and volunteering to go to Iraq or Afghanistan.

link

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:41 am 

What is the name of the son who actually makes sense? He is sometimes a guest on MSNBC. It always surprises me when a Reagan makes sense.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:47 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ronald Prescott Reagan (born May 20, 1958 in Los Angeles, California), usually known as Ron Reagan, is the son of the late former President of the United States Ronald Reagan and First Lady Nancy Reagan. He is currently a political pundit for the cable television network MSNBC, and was a talk show host and chief political analyst for KIRO radio in Seattle until his show was canceled on August 8, 2007. He is notable for his liberal views despite having a conservative father.

LINK

:lol: Bet he wishes his middle name wasn't PRESCOTT!

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:01 am 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good one!

Thank you for the informatiion. Gee, I wonder why his show was cancelled--any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:06 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

According to WIKI, it was because it didn't compete with other shows:

Quote:
In 1991, Reagan was the host of The Ron Reagan Show, a syndicated late-night talk show addressing political issues of the day. However, it was cancelled after a brief run, unable to compete with the higher ratings of The Arsenio Hall Show, The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson, and Nightline.

Reagan has worked in recent years as a magazine journalist, and has hosted talk shows on cable TV networks such as the Animal Planet network. In Britain, he is best known for having co-presented Record Breakers (based on The Guinness Book of Records) for the BBC. Reagan presented a report from the USA each week.[1]

He currently serves on the board of the Creative Coalition, an organization founded in 1989 by a group that included Susan Sarandon and the late Christopher Reeve, to politically mobilize entertainers and artists, generally for First Amendment rights, and causes such as arts advocacy and public education. From February to December 2005 Reagan co-hosted the talk show Connected: Coast to Coast with Ron Reagan and Monica Crowley on MSNBC.

During the 2007 holiday season, Reagan hosted the Neiman Marcus/Children's Hospital of Dallas' Christmas Parade.

Political activities

In an April 2003 interview, Reagan said, "The Bush people have no right to speak for my father, particularly because of the position he's in now. Yes, some of the current policies are an extension of the '80s. But the overall thrust of this administration is not my father's – these people are overly reaching, overly aggressive, overly secretive, and just plain corrupt. I don't trust these people."

He also strongly opposed the Bush administration's decision to invade Iraq. "9/11 gave the Bush people carte blanche to carry out their extreme agenda – and they didn't hesitate for a moment to use it," Reagan said. "By 9/12 Rumsfeld was saying, 'Let's hit Iraq.' They've used the war on terror to justify everything from tax cuts to Alaska oil drilling."

In July 2004, Reagan spoke at the Democratic National Convention about his support for lifting Bush's restrictions on federally funded embryonic stem cell research, a form of research which some scientists believe could lead to a cure or new treatments for Alzheimer's disease, of which his father had recently died. "There are those who would stand in the way of this remarkable future, who would deny the federal funding so crucial to basic research. A few of these folks, needless to say, are just grinding a political axe and they should be ashamed of themselves," Ron Reagan said of the restrictions. "We can choose between the future and the past, between reason and ignorance, between true compassion and mere ideology."

In September 2004 he told the Sunday Herald newspaper that the Bush administration had "cheated to get into the White House. It's not something Americans ever want to think about their government. My sense of these people is that they don't have any respect for the public at large. They have a revolutionary mindset. I think they feel that anything they can do to prevail - lie, cheat, whatever - is justified by their revolutionary aims" and that he feared Bush was hijacking his father's reputation.[2]

Reagan later wrote an essay titled "The Case Against George W. Bush by Ron Reagan" for Esquire. He was quoted as saying that he voted for Democratic candidate John Kerry in the 2004 presidential election

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Reagan

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:13 am 

Quote:
"The Bush people have no right to speak for my father, particularly because of the position he's in now. Yes, some of the current policies are an extension of the '80s. But the overall thrust of this administration is not my father's – these people are overly reaching, overly aggressive, overly secretive, and just plain corrupt. I don't trust these people."

Just plain corrupt. No one could say it better.

I never thought I would admire a Reagan, but now I do. I am going to have to pay more attention to THIS Reagan!