It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:48 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Woman kills herself over home foreclosure
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:28 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Woman kills herself over home foreclosure

TAUNTON, MA (AP) A 53-year-old wife and mother fatally shot herself shortly after faxing a letter to her mortgage company saying that by the time they foreclosed on her house that day, she would be dead.

Police said that Carlene Balderrama used her husband's high-powered rifle to kill herself Tuesday afternoon, shortly after faxing the letter at 2:30 p.m.

The mortgage company called police, who found Balderrama's body at 3:30 p.m. The auction was scheduled to start at 5 p.m. and interested buyers arrived at the property in Taunton, about 35 miles south of Boston, while Balderrama's body was still inside, according to Taunton police chief Raymond O'Berg.

Police did not immediately release the name of the mortgage company. O'Berg said Balderrama's fax read, in part, "By the time you foreclose on my house I'll be dead."

O'Berg also said a suicide note found next to Balderrama told her husband, John, and 24-year-old son to "take the (life) insurance money and pay for the house."

Very sad story, but there probably won't be any insurance money due to her death being a suicide.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:35 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Even sadder is the fact that that tragedy will become more common now that the Friedman's Chicago school of economic genocide is in full swing.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:13 am 

read this story yesterday as it no doubt provides sad commentary on how far down into the crapper things have gone during the past 8 years of bushicon rule.

i'm thinkin this thing with the mortgage crisis and bank collapses is just the tip of the iceberg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:05 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

As the power elite prepares for martial law, I prepare for Armageddon. I don't think they will be able to manage the aftermath of whatever brings on martial law.

I'd rather live free so the thought doesn't bother me as much as others. An adventure it would be.

Of course, if they are able to manage to martial law, we shall have no freedom whatsoever. So I figure....savor dissent while we still can.

Amazing that a nation of this stature was brought down by one administration that was really only good at one thing.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson