It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:39 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: OBAMA'S SPEECH TONIGHT AT THE DNC
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:17 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have just turned off the television after watching Barack Obama give one of the best presidential nomination acceptance speeches I've ever heard, and I don't feel that I will be holding my nose to vote for him in November. What I am now looking forward to are the debates between Obama and Mccain and Biden and McCain's VP choice.

It's shaping up to be an exciting time politically, folks. Am I right or am I wrong? WHATCHOO THINK? :?: :D :?: :D

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Obama_Eig ... _0828.html

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:14 am 

he knocked it out of the park.

mcsame is frickin toast.

my wife and i heard that obama and biden are making thier 1st stop together after the convention right here in pa. they said they are supposedly planning an event at penn states beaver stadium. my wife said she's gonna stop by the altoona dnc headquarters to see about tickets.

mcsame will make a pathetic attempt to draw attention away from obama today by announcing his veep choice. i'm expecting a big yawn from most of the msm...............except for foxnoise which no one watches anyway.

i smell a frickin landslide for barak.

we can use the fresh air.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:50 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I kept switching from station to station, especially between CSPAN, MSNBC, CNN, and a few others. I happened to be on MSNBC when the speech ended, and I thought Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann were vying with each other to see who could come up with the best adjective to describe their feelings...Chris Matthews was so excited, I thought he was going to cry.

Then, this morning, there's CNN with the headline "Obama Tries to Unite Democrats." What do they mean "TRY?" :evil:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:58 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

That speech was about as good as they get. I now have more confidance that he can overcome the GOP slime and attack machine.

So lets assume that Obama wins and goes about doing the things he said he would do. He wants to lower taxes for 95%? That means he will tax the upper 5% and that means a lot of Jews. That will make things very interesting indeed. Just my opinion of course.

I have elevated the odds of President Barack Obama to 55%. The odds of President Joe "I'm a Zionist" Biden now stand at 25%. Just my opinion of course.

One thing is for sure, the speech will land a lot of big donations. He can easily afford to fight back. I think he will do more than that if need be. I see him going on the offence and putting "I don't know how many houses I own" McCain on the ropes. Just my opinion.............

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Record 38 million viewers watched Obama's speech

38 million tuned into watch Senator Barack Obama accept the Democratic presidential nomination, according to Nielsen Media Research.

"Mr. Obama’s speech — a historic one given his status as the first African American nominee of a major political party — reached significantly more viewers than the comparable addresses in 2004," The New York Times reports. "Coverage of John Kerry’s acceptance speech in 2004 had 24.4 million viewers; coverage of George W. Bush’s convention speech that same year drew 27.5 million."

As over 84,000 filled Mile High Stadium to hear Obama in person, according to Nielsen Media Research, the televised broadcasts attracted more viewers than the Olympics opening ceremony in Beijing, the final 'American Idol' or the Academy Awards this year.

The Times also notes that "the four-night Democratic convention ranks as the most-watched convention of either party, Democratic or Republican, since Nielsen began measuring conventions in 1960."

"Obama's audience might be higher, since Nielsen didn't have an estimate for how many people watched Obama on PBS or C-SPAN Thursday night," the Associated Press adds.

:wav: :hello1: :occasion9: :toothy4: :toothy4: :toothy4:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:51 pm 

Obama certainly did make a great speech. This one was a bit better than the one he made in 2004 at Kerry/Edwards DNC convention. He should refrain from getting to close to being a Martin Luther King segregationist type of theme speech.

I don't think we older individuals want to read into his speeches those words that came from M. L. King some 40 years ago. I'm hoping he can inspire the people on his own fears and good thoughts for this country. He's going to have hard enough time getting elected as it is, without adding some words of the past, and not putting a woman on the ballot.

Today, we learn why he will buck heads with his decision... as we now have a Mr & Mrs McNasty to confront that decision.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:21 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Well, did you notice that Obama did say, "Now is the time." a number of times. How's that for channeling King?

(Of course not as many times as he said thank you.)

Eight is enough! Eight is enough!

I haven't used this screen name elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:30 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Here is Obama's marvelous speech....if you missed it.

Barack Obama at the 2008 DNC

Does he look presidential? You bet! :D

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman