It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:14 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cindy McCain: Drug Dealer????????
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:50 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

[url=http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Pointing_to_drug_law_hypocrisy_propot_0805.html]Pointing to drug law hypocrisy, pro-pot group labels Cindy McCain 'dealer'

[/url]

A group dedicated to legalizing marijuana use is launching a new campaign Tuesday aimed at pointing to hypocrisy in a country that could have as its first lady a woman who made millions selling a substance that's killed tens of thousands of people while purveyors of a relatively harmless herb are imprisoned.

The Denver-based group led a campaign there for a city-wide ballot initiative making marijuana use legal for adults over 21 within the city limits.

Tvert says the group is not targeting McCain out of malice nor for partisan reasons. The aim is simply to point out the disparity between how alcohol and marijuana use are treated as public policy issues.

"Cindy McCain sells millions of dollars worth or alcohol every year" and may go to the White House, he says. "Whereas someone who may sell hundreds of dollars worth of marijuana gets sent to prison."

SAFER is "not against alcohol," Tvert says, it would just prefer marijuana receive the same recognition under the law.

The "Drug Dealer" campaign will officially kick off Wednesday with a press conference in front of the Hensley distributorship in Phoenix, and SAFER is purchasing a few thousand dollars worth of advertising on several political blogs to promote the campaign.

http://www.drugdealercindy.com/cindy-mc ... dealer.php

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:40 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

This report is one that you might not see anywhere else:

[url=http://www.usmagazine.com/news/cindy-mccains-half-sister-im-voting-for-obama]EXCLUSIVE: Cindy McCain's Half Sister: "I'm Voting for Barack Obama"
[/url]

Cindy McCain's half sister is planning on voting for Barack Obama, she tells Usmagazine.com.

"I'm not voting for McCain," Kathleen Hensley Portalski tells Us. "I have a different political standpoint.

"I'm voting for Obama," the Phoenix resident says. "I think his proposals to improve the country are more positive and I'm not a big war believer."

Portalski, 65, and the potential first lady, 54, have the same father: Jim Hensley, the founder of the beer distributor Hensley and Co. that Cindy McCain now chairs.

In an interview with NPR News' All Things Considered last week, Portalski said she felt "like a non-person" after Cindy McCain described herself as an "only child."

Portalski's mother is Hensley's first wife; Cindy McCain's mother, Marguerite Hensley, also had another daughter from her first marriage.

"She's kinda cool, standoffish," Portalski tells Us of her half sister.

Portalski also doesn't expect Cindy McCain to make an effort to reconcile their relationship.

"She never has, and I doubt that she ever will," she tells Us.

Portalski's son Nathan, a 45-year-old aerospace machinist, is also backing Obama.

"I wouldn't vote for John McCain if he was a Democrat," he tells Us. "I would not vote at all before I'd vote for him.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:39 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Here's one for the family values crowd. Wherrrrrrrre's Johnny?
Quote:
There were numerous difficult episodes in Cindy McCain's life, and most she has had to endure on her own. In 2004 she had a stroke in Phoenix while she was at lunch with some friends. As she told Larry King Live, she was 49 at the time and found herself unable to talk after she had stopped taking her blood pressure medication. "I was mainly more concerned about being caught in public... without my full faculties," she told King. "So I grabbed my car keys, and fortunately my friends grabbed my car keys away from me, and said, 'No, there's something wrong with you.'"

She decided to recover from the stroke on her own, and left her family to stay in southern California for a few months. John McCain has often been absent at the hardest times of her life. She had several miscarriages before giving birth to her daughter Meghan, who is 23 and a campaign trail blogger about her dad. Their son Jack, 22, who is in the naval academy, and Jimmy, 20, is a marine who has served in Iraq. The couple adopted a Bangladeshi girl named Bridget, who is now 17. Cindy just brought her home and announced to John McCain that they had a new daughter. "John was with me the first time I lost a baby," Cindy McCain told Harper's Bazaar last year, "but not for those after, which was hard."

There's has been a distant marriage, separated by several thousand miles and three times zones. Cindy McCain is no Stepford Wife, however. But for her burning ambition, John McCain's assault on the pinnacle of US political power might never have been possible.

I don't know if she deserves the tsks-tsks in the press as much as her seemingly deadbeat husband.

I haven't used this screen name elsewhere.