It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:23 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A Funny Irony
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:46 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

My sister and I inherited our parents' house when they passed away a couple of years ago. We had rented it to a couple who turned out to be horrible tenants. They moved out in June. Since then, we've been renovating the house, and repairing the damage done by the tenants. While we've had some of the work contracted out to professionals, we're doing things such as painting all the walls, doors, and ceilings. We're also doing all the cleaning, which hasn't even begun yet.

Today, I was up at the house, painting doors. What a job! Anyway, I knew the flooring people were expected and sure enough, about 10:30 up they roll in their big white van. There were two of them and they went right to work, scraping and removing the old flooring. I was in one of the back bedrooms, working away on the doors. I stuck my head out and said hello, but that was about the extent of my interaction with them....until I heard a boombox start to blare rock music from an oldies station. I didn't protest because I like rock music, and I was very glad that it wasn't country or blue grass!

Sometime in the early afternoon, I realized the music had been replaced by what was obviously a talk radio show. I began to fume. If those workers wanted to listen to a rightwing talk radio show, they'd do it someplace other than on my property! However, it's rather difficult to make a dignified stand against the likes of Rush Limbaugh with streaks of paint on my face, on my clothes, and all over my hands. So, I didn't act immediately. Instead, I listened...and after a few moments, I was pleasantly surprised to hear a big, booming voice making fun of John McCain and Sarah Palin!

I walked into the living room and asked what they were listening to. One of the guys grinned sheepishly and said "Ed Schulz. I hope you don't mind." I replied, "Mind? I think you've just made my day!"

We listened to the Ed Schulz Show the rest of the time they worked and had some good laughs and yelled from room to room what we hated about John McSame and his new running mate. It made the work go much faster and easier and I leaned about Ed Schulz and his radio show.

I also learned another valuable lesson in keeping my mouth shut and listening before acting. :D

http://www.edschulz.com

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:01 am 

When Air America went through its bankruptcy throes a couple years ago, Ed was being broadcast on our local Progressive radio station. When they refused to toe the line and become another corporate front like the rest of Air America and formed their own network—Nova M—Schultz told them they were a cow town operation that could never succeed without allowing him to dictate how to run a network. Nova M is alive and well with no Ed Schultz, with Mike Malloy and Randi Rhodes as their cornerstone hosts. I found Ed to the blowhard from the left that Rush Limpdick is from the right.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:11 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm all for any radio show that is in direct contrast to the the shows of the rightwingers, even if the host is perceived by some to be a "blowhard." Fight fire with fire... As long as he's telling the truth, I personally don't see him as a blowhard comparable to Rush Limbaugh. Limbaugh is in a bottom feeders' class all his own.

The calls Schulz received were from people who actually seemed very intelligent and informed about what the Republicans have done and are trying to do to this country.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:38 pm 

While Ed does speak truth to power, his methods remind me of a common failing among the left in general, all want to be generals never privates. They want conformance to their entire agenda not just a general direction. While the target(s) should be War Chimp/Darth/McWarSameBush/lipstick pit bull, we all too often line up in a circular firing squad where the least amount of mis-targeting results in harm to one of our own. When Ed discovered the new network wasn't going to be able pay him want he wanted, he should have wished them the best of luck rather than condemning their efforts.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote