It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:03 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: War's and Rumors of Wars.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:49 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Of course we all are very familiar with the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I'm not sure how many are aware of the results of our actions in Somalia

http://www.chris-floyd.com/content/view/1598/135/

Nor how many are aware that we are beginning to kill and bomb more regularly in Pakistan

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-uspakistan5-2008sep05%2C0%2C6935562.story

Not to mention the threats against Iran, the continued support of a criminal Israel and the very dangerous game we are now playing with Russia.

Please tell me. Which of the two candidates which will most likely be elected have vowed to declare peace with the world?

Any promises made will not be fulfilled. They will not be able to be fulfilled even if there was any real honest intention on their part which I very highly doubt.

This country is cooked because of the continued support for this corrupt system. The real question now is, how much of the world are we going to take with us?

I am really getting quite tired of this game.

Crimson

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:33 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

http://www.opednews.com/maxwrite/diarypage.php?did=9037

Pakistan’s parliament says future US raids should be repelled “with full force”

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject: Kremlin-watchers warn of direct U.S.-Russia clash
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:10 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Interesting that both talk of Russian aggression. Very dangerous times indeed. One of them, (Russia or the U.S) has to back down. The U.S is the obvious agressor which is forcing Russia to either bow or fight. I do not know about any of you, but I do not see Russia bowing, nor would I expect them too.

Crimson

At the Republican convention Thursday, McCain mentioned Russia just after al Qaida and Iran.

"Russia's leaders, rich with oil wealth and corrupt with power, have rejected democratic ideals and the obligations of a responsible power," McCain said in his nomination-acceptance speech. "As president, I will work to establish good relations with Russia so we need not fear a return of the Cold War," he said. "But we can't turn a blind eye to aggression and international lawlessness that threatens the peace and stability of the world and the security of the American people."

Democratic contender Barack Obama promised to "renew the tough, direct diplomacy that can curb Russian aggression."

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/world/story/51913.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Please tell me. Which of the two candidates which will most likely be elected have vowed to declare peace with the world?

NEITHER, to my knowledge.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:46 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

They are both Wall Street/arms manufacturing agents. They have no choice since their funding comes from Wall Street/arms manufacturing.

We have CFR Obama, CFR Biden, neocon McSame, and Palin who actually has a fairly fresh background...which looks to be soon to be corrupted.

Who rules America? This outspoken piece has some outspoken perspectives.

http://www.natvan.com/who-rules-america/index.html

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:55 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

From PT's link:

Quote:
The upcoming election campaign is bound to be very divisive. On the one hand is Barack Obama, the first Black man to ever be up for the nation's highest office. Virtually every Black voter in America will vote for Obama; for them, this campaign will be all about race. And because of that, there are going to be a large number of White people who will begin thinking more seriously about race. Then there is the question of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Despite a significant fraction of the White American public vehemently opposing the wars, John McCain is all for continuing them with no end in sight. Barack Obama was "talking tough" about bringing the troops home as soon as possible, but he has slowly and quietly backed away from this stance.

CSPAN's Washington Journal program this morning discussed whether or not the election has become one of race. Most people who called in agreed that it had...and many blacks said they weren't voting for Obama...because they thought McSame had more "experience." :roll:

And they're right...McSame does have more experience...in typical Rethug behavior!

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:58 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Although I am not a fan of either candidate, I find it infuriating that people are even talking about race....or sex for that matter. What the fuck does the persons color have to do with anything??!!!!

Man some peoples ignorance pisses me off. I had best leave this alone before I begin to rant like a madman.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Post subject: Threat of all-out war in Congo
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:10 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

See, now this is something that I would actually support some intervention in. Our government claims they slaughter all of these people in Iraq and Afganistan is to help them....bring democracy, yet in the congo 5.4 MILLION PEOPLE have been killed, not to mention those who have been injured or those traumatized in other ways like rape.

Although there is no statment regarding this in the article, I wouldnt be suprised if our government is supplying both sides of this battle so they can kill each other.

This must have been the problem with Iraq. Although Sadam was a bastard, he wouldnt allow the people of his country to slaughter each other so the U.S had to remove him.

I hate politicians. I really do. Most vile creatures on this planet.

Quote:
The attacks displaced more of the war-fatigued Congolese people, who have endured a decade of armed conflict. More than 100,000 have fled their homes already this year and are living in huts in squalid camps. At least 5.4 million people have died in the 10-year war making it the deadliest conflict since the Second World War.

http://www.thenational.ae/article/20080907/FOREIGN/929769808/1002