It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:45 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MSNBC SHAKEUP: OLBERMANN AND MATTHEWS
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:30 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

MSNBC shake-up: Olbermann and Matthews no longer anchoring

Less than two weeks ago, MSNBC president Phil Griffin was still defending the network's anchor team to Politico, despite reports of turmoil behind-the-scenes and on-air squabbles. At the time, a high-ranking MSNBC journalist told me the network was "about to blow up."

Well, here's the blow up! The NY Times reports tonight that Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann will no longer anchor during upcoming political news events, as network insiders reveal more about what's been happening.

After months of accusations of political bias and simmering animosity between MSNBC and its parent network NBC, the channel decided over the weekend that the NBC News correspondent and MSNBC host David Gregory would anchor news coverage of the coming debates and election night. Mr. Olbermann and Mr. Matthews will remain as analysts during the coverage.

The change — which comes in the home stretch of the long election cycle — is a direct result of tensions associated with the channel’s perceived shift to the political left.
And there's more.

I'm not surprised that this is happening, especially concerning Keith Olberman. If McSame wins the election, Keith will be forced out of MSNBC unless his COUNTDOWN program increases in popularity.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:55 am 

I'm looking forward to this. Rightful so for Keith Olberman, as he became some sort a God against Hillary Clinton. Justice has be served.

Maybe he will go back to being a "sports" announcer or sports analysts, as that was is first turn with a microphone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:27 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Tough being a liberal on the Rockefeller Broacasting Channels.

Long story on why I sometimes call the media that.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:14 pm 

I don't understand people who are not upset that the hint of liberalism that has been allowed on big business media is being backed into a corner. No wonder we have no liberals to listen to...

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:43 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You have to listen to left talk radio, which is usually carried on Air America, or go left tv....the corporations that own the msm aren't going to allow too much liberalism into their machines.

I have been really surprised that Olberman has been allowed to stay on primetime as long as he has! Chris Matthews I thought was a shill. Surprise, surprise... :shock: ...but I also think Big Media MSNBC got a bit worried after Obama gave such a marvelous acceptance speech and decided to take their frustrations out on Olberman and Matthews. Olbermann because they'd been waiting for a chance to muzzle him, and Matthews because he forgot, in the euphoria of the moment, to toe the line!

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:29 am 

Catherine wrote:
You have to listen to left talk radio, which is usually carried on Air America, or go left tv....the corporations that own the msm aren't going to allow too much liberalism into their machines.

I have been really surprised that Olberman has been allowed to stay on primetime as long as he has! Chris Matthews I thought was a shill. Surprise, surprise... :shock: ...but I also think Big Media MSNBC got a bit worried after Obama gave such a marvelous acceptance speech and decided to take their frustrations out on Olberman and Matthews. Olbermann because they'd been waiting for a chance to muzzle him, and Matthews because he forgot, in the euphoria of the moment, to toe the line!

I can't get Air America. Could if I could keep a connection on the computer but the ISP keeps cutting me off and it just isn't worth it.

Chris Matthews gives me the creeps. I could never understand Olbermann's friendship with him, but then I am still trying to understand how the horrible Rs can be 'my good friend' to the Democrats.

I, too, have been surprised Olbermann lasted this long. He has 'Phil Donahue' written all over him. I figure listen while he is here because he won't be when 'they' manage to find an excuse to dump him. I hope he has a water tight contract and they have to pay him for years whether he is on the air or not.

I am able to get Randi Rhodes on a local station. The high point of my day! Again, listen while I can. No guarantee she will be there tomorrow.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:19 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I believe if Keith Olberman opted to enter the political arena in any capacity, he'd win without much trouble at all. I think he'd make a good representative or senator. If MSNBC dumps him, I think Olberman should enter politics.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:49 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

His opposition would receive heavy Wall Street financing however.

Not too many celebrities found a successful political career that I immediately recall.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:04 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ronnie Reagan, Ahnold S, and Fred Thompson have been actors before they were politicians on the Repub side. Shirley Temple Black has been an ambassador. She's a Repub, too, as was Sonny Bono, who had a short stint as a California representative.

I can't think of any celebrities turned politicians on the Democrat ticket...except Al Franken.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman