It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:09 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: IM BACK UP AND RUNNING!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:09 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

finally after having our power out since Sat. holy cow it sucked. lost all our food and people went crazy! rioting, fighting, looting.........what are we resulting too? just a taste of what people went through in Katrina, and who mis managed that again?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:58 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Glad you're back up and running, justin! Sorry about the loss of food, etc. Will your home owners' insurance cover any of your loss?

Yeah, seems the great Bush didn't do any better with this latest natural disaster than he did with Katrina. But...he DID cancel a trip to "monitor" the economy! Hip, Hip, Hooray! (gag!)

Don't you wish the feds would come in and bail out those of us who have been hurt the most because of their failed policies?

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:06 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Catherine wrote:
Glad you're back up and running, justin! Sorry about the loss of food, etc. Will your home owners' insurance cover any of your loss?

Yeah, seems the great Bush didn't do any better with this latest natural disaster than he did with Katrina. But...he DID cancel a trip to "monitor" the economy! Hip, Hip, Hooray! (gag!)

Don't you wish the feds would come in and bail out those of us who have been hurt the most because of their failed policies?

I know that what is going on down there is pretty serious, but when I read your last sentence Cat, I thought about it for a second and thought to myself....No way in hell would I want their "help". Would probably have to give em both kidney's in return.

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:40 am 

Quote:

There isn't enough 'help' in the world to make up for all this administration has harmed and destroyed. And to think, half the people are still going to vote R.

Glad you are back justin. Sorry about the loss. In a crisis it seems there will never be an ending--hope you are moving toward some kind of feeling of 'normal' again.

People really went crazy in your area eh? Scary on top of the losses.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:15 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
People really went crazy in your area eh? Scary on top of the losses.

it was incredible. people were only out of power for 4-6 days MAX. i know its a lot but you wont die in 4 days if u eat can goods or bread. bread doesnt mold in 4 days either nor does peanut butter. i grilled all our meat and reheated it on the grill when needed. people were acting like it was the end of the world or something. mugging people outside of stores for batteries and water. there was a burglar in the neighborhood looting in houses, but they got him pretty quick. these folks forget people in Texas are STILL out of power after a week. a disaster happens and its dog eat dog. every man for himself instead of pulling together. what the hell is going on?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Probably the same thing that happened here on Friday during the "gas panic." People thought the refineries were going to be destroyed in Texas and went loco. The lines were obscene at the gas tanks, people bringing in their four wheelers, their lawn mowers...anything that required gasoline to operate. Did they care that the tanks were emptied out before the old lady down the street could fill up her scooter? Nah! Now, we've got a price goudge investigation going on, and of course, they're all saying "Not me!"

Makes you ashamed to be American...because now not only are we screwing the rest of the planet, we're turning on ourselves!

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:36 am 

Quote:
Makes you ashamed to be American...because now not only are we screwing the rest of the planet, we're turning on ourselves!
_

I have felt this way since 1980, it just keeps getting worse.

When I saw sick people going back into the lizard brain it was heart breaking--but to see what are supposed to be competent people going to that lizard brain is frightening.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid