Post subject: Sarah Palin's religion
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:07 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

What's it say about Sarah Palin when --
Palin credits electoral success to witchhunter
Quote:
John Byrne | Published: Wednesday September 17, 2008

"As I was mayor and Pastor Muthee was here and he was praying over me, and you know how he speaks and he's so bold. And he was praying 'Lord make a way, Lord make a way,'" Palin remarked.

“And I'm thinking, this guy’s really bold, he doesn't even know what I'm going to do, he doesn’t know what my plans are," she continued. "And he’s praying not 'oh Lord if it be your will may she become governor,' no, he just prayed for it. He said, 'Lord make a way and let her do this next step. And that’s exactly what happened.'"

“So, again, very very powerful, coming from this church,” she added.

In 1988, Pastor Muthee and his wife traveled to Kenya after being "called by God." Setting up shop in the basement of a grocery store, they claim to have brought 200 people "to God" and away from the town's "spiritual oppression."

The source of the oppression? Witchcraft, Muthee says. When researching the community, they found that a woman named "Mama Jane" ran a divination clinic that drew a large following in the town.

“We prayed, we fasted, the Lord showed us a spirit of witchcraft resting over the place,” Pastor Muthee said.

Muthee made his experiences into a video called Transformations, which documents his "spiritual warfare" against demons and occult practices. Spiritual warfare is more common in Latin America and Africa, where the concept of day-to-day demons has a stronger hold.

Sarah, I think you've got a Jeremiah Wright problem-o.

The story of how Muthee organized an uprising against Mama Jane.

And it's not just Muthee whose a bit whacko. There's Palin's other paster, Ed Kalnins, who has said that critics of Bush will be banished to hell.

Man, if you thought it was weird for Georgie-baby to talk of his god when he was president, think how much worse Palin will be inviting these nuts into the White House.

I haven't used this screen name elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:19 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Can you just imagine if the things Palin has said, and continues to say, were being said by Obama, Clinton, or Biden what the howl would be like from the Grand Old Pedophiles?

This is an election that is going to boil down to race or a pretty face...and I'm afraid the shallow Americans who prefer a pretty face on a stupid white woman to a smart black man will win the day...but they'll lose by a lifetime if McSame and Ms. Mooseburger win. Trouble is, so will those of us who could see what was coming and tried to stop it.

I hope Ms. Mooseburger trips on her forked tongue soon.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:45 am 

Quote:
I hope Ms. Mooseburger trips on her forked tongue soon.

:laughing3:

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:01 am 

No pessimism, I seriously want, wish and hope with every bit of logic in my body that Obama wins, but we know how well logic is adopted here in good ole 'merica...What are we going to do if and when McCain and Palin are elected? Seriously. And please, oh please don't give me the same lines I heard when Georgie was elected for the second time...wait, we will have our day, we must be patient...all that is total bs and I'm not buying it at this point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:49 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
What are we going to do if and when McCain and Palin are elected?

Americans have become co-dependents in their relationship with the Rethug lies and corruption. I think Vincent Bugliosi said it best last evening during an interview I saw online. He was asked why the msm had blacked out his book about prosecuting GWB for murder. Buglisosi said it had to be based on a rock-solid foundation of FEAR....fear by the American people to acknowledge that they had allowed a criminal to occupy the White House and lead their government for the last eight years. Fear that had been drummed into us by the Right Wing Extremists. Fear of change, fear of facing what America has become under the Bushies. Change like this brings discomfort and if there's one thing that most Americans don't like, it's discomfort.

Fear can paralyze a nation and it can definitely paralyze individuals. I don't think we will see a real recovery from the 9/11 attacks in my lifetime, regardless of who wins this particular election. But until we as a nation can put aside FEAR and stop looking to some politicians to "protect" us, we're stymied. We have to stand up and protect outselves, and there's no better way to do that than to DEMAND from our reps that they uphold the Constitution. The Constitition is our best and last defense from "enemies both foreign and domestic."

If McCain and Palin go in, one thing I intend to do is to continue to demand from those in Congress that they return a balance of power to the nation and uphold the Constitution and restore the rule of law. It's fallen on deaf ears for far too many years. Without a Congress approving their every move, McCain and Palin won't be able to stack the Supreme Court and overturn Roe v. Wade. They won't be able to achieve anything they want to do that is bad for America. THAT is the bottom line for me...we have to make sure the Congress does its job and that must begin with getting a Democratic majority...a TRUE majority this time around and then making sure they do what the people who voted them in want them to do.

If we don't get a democratic controlled Congress, though...we're indeed in deep shit. I am hoping for a Congress controlled by Dems, regardless of who controls the White House.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:11 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

It was her religion, early on in her mayoralship, that caused to speculate on book bannings at the local library.

She tried to play it off like much-ado-about nothing, but there are some strong memories from the locals at that time that remember Palin's nasty inquiries. Her church tried to push for a ban in local bookstores for a certain book about homosexuality. A book Palin never read.

What's Daddy's Roommate Doing in Wasilla?
Quote:
By Nancy Kranich | September 18, 2008

Back in 1996, the local newspaper, the Mat-Su Valley Frontiersman, reported that Mayor Palin explained her three inquiries as "rhetorical" and "simply part of a policy discussion with a department head 'about understanding and following administration agendas.' " Yet, at about the same time, Palin's church, the Wasilla Assembly of God, pushed to remove the book Pastor, I Am Gay from local bookstores. The book's author and fellow Alaskan, Reverend Howard Bess, told the Associated Press how he had learned from Emmons that several copies of his book had disappeared from library shelves that year. According to Bess, "Sarah [Palin] brought pressure on the library about things she didn't like. To believe that my book was not targeted in this is a joke."

During the period of Palin's inquiries, school libraries in the region also received challenges against books like Go Ask Alice and Daddy's Roommate. A September 14, 2008, New York Times story reported that while serving on the city council, Palin complained that Daddy's Roommate--a book that helps children understand homosexuality--did not belong in the Wasilla Public Library. When Laura Chase, Palin's first mayoral campaign manager, asked if she had read the book, the mayor responded, "she didn't need to read that stuff." Chase told the New York Times that she found it "disturbing that someone would be willing to remove a book from the library and she didn't even read it."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:28 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

This article examines --

Sarah Palin: Un-Christian behavior?
Quote:
throughout her political career Palin has pursued vendettas, fired officials who crossed her and sometimes blurred the line between government and personal grievance.
I work closely with evangelicals, but I'm always been bothered by the way a minority of evangelicals, especially American evangelicals, overplay the persecution card. Palin seems to be one of them, as displayed by her willingness to call critics "haters." What's that kind of moralizing about?

Post subject: Re: Sarah Palin's religion
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:51 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Talk of a Palin affair are just not going away.

Supposedly she's been linked to husband Todd's former business partner Brad Hanson.

What would Jesus say, if this were true Sarah?

News Hounds makes this comment: If Fox can hound John Edwards for his affair, then Palin is only fair game.

Post subject: Re: Sarah Palin's religion
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:07 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Pretty juicy stuff, eh? Just the kind of thing that FOX News couldn't get enough of when it involved Democrat John Edwards. Hannity & Colmes even devoted a full show to his scandal (plus more segments in other shows). On August 8, 2008, Sean Hannity said, “I applaud the Enquirer” for investigating Edwards because “He's running for president... He's a contender for vice president or was.” But here we have an actual vice presidential candidate and... silence.

It's not just Hannity. A search just now of “Palin Hanson” on FOXNews.com turned up no stories. But a search of "Edwards Hunter" turned up “about” 205. There are 44 more entries when you search video.

From CZ's link...

Oh them fundies....they sure do like to advance the cause of hypocrisy! :bom:

Uh...who's Trig's papa? Was he born in a manger?

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman