It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:34 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: THIS MAKES ME BOIL! WHY DID THE OBAMA CAMP CAVE ON THIS?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

VP Debate Modified to Accommodate Palin

There's a lot that can be said about this. Most notably, it further underscores that Sarah Palin (R) is not ready to be the next Vice President of the United States. But I'll let the New York Times report the details:

The Obama and McCain campaigns have agreed to an unusual free-flowing format for the three televised presidential debates, which begin on Friday, but the McCain camp fought for and won a much more structured approach for the questioning at the vice-presidential debate, advisers to both campaigns said Saturday.

At the insistence of the McCain campaign, the Oct. 2 debate between the Republican nominee for vice president, Gov. Sarah Palin, and her Democratic rival, Senator Joseph R. Biden Jr., will have shorter question-and-answer segments than those for the presidential nominees, the advisers said. There will also be much less opportunity for free-wheeling, direct exchanges between the running mates.

McCain advisers said they had been concerned that a loose format could leave Ms. Palin, a relatively inexperienced debater, at a disadvantage and largely on the defensive.

The wrangling was chiefly between the McCain-Palin camp and the nonpartisan Commission on Presidential Debates, which is sponsoring the forums.

Commission members wanted a relaxed format that included time for unpredictable questioning and challenges between the vice-presidential candidates. Last week, it rejected a proposal from advisers to Ms. Palin and Senator John McCain of Arizona, the Republican presidential nominee, for few if any unfettered exchanges. Advisers to Mr. Biden say they were comfortable with either format.

WHAT THE FUCK? Give the little woman the benefit of the doubt? :roll: Why the hell didn't they simply say, "Either she can debate or she can't...nuff said." DAMN!

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:10 am 

Ah, but you know how well Cons can filibuster. Can't you hear her drowning out Biden if given the freedom to do so?

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:28 am 

The Repugs have been allowed once again to frame the discussion—why? The Dems are incapable of street fighting. Gore wanted to win the gentleman's way; but lost to the street fighting of the Repugs. Obama and company have fallen victim to believing the most outrageous of Rove's claims. In this case, that attacking Caribou Barbie is sexist and unfair. This woman is an unmitigated disaster deserving of neither respect nor the benefit of a doubt. Take off the blinders and the fucking gloves!!! This election is too important to lose by playing nice to the Rethugs/Repugs/NeoCoNazis.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:42 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm still seething about this early this morning! AND then we saw Palin yesterday mincing around behaving as though she's already the VP, meeting with foreign leaders and the like, trying to pretend that she has diplomatic experience, when she's a novice who just wants power...unmitigated power. She was grinning like a Cheshire cat...and my apologies to the cat population for that comparison.

Of course, those foreign leaders are all in the Bush admin's pockets and the Bush admin's in theirs. Karzai makes me sick...always has.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman