It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:54 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Denver cops get T-shirts that mock DNC protesters
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

This is a lovely story..... :evil:

Denver cops get T-shirts that mock DNC protesters

Denver's police union is facing criticism for printing a commemorative T-shirt that makes light of the use of violence by police, particularly in the wake of 154 arrests during the week of Democratic National Convention this past August.

"We get up early, to beat the crowds," the shirt reads, followed by "2008 DNC." The words flank a grinning police officer holding a baton and wearing a hat with a crossed-out number "68," presumably making reference to activist organization Recreate 68, which staged several anti-war demonstrations during the convention.

"The people of Denver were assured by the city that it would respect First Amendment rights during the DNC, and that that police officers were being trained to do so. The actions of police during the DNC, which involved numerous violations of people's right to freedom of speech and assembly, put the lie to those promises," said Recreate 68's Glenn Spagnuolo. "And now this appalling, tasteless t-shirt shows why. The members of Denver's police union clearly have no respect for the rights guaranteed by the United States Constitution. The Denver Police Department Operations Manual includes a Law Enforcement Code of Ethics, which begins, 'As a Law Enforcement Officer, my fundamental duty is to serve mankind, to safeguard lives and property, to protect the innocent against deception, the weak against oppression or intimidation, and the peaceful against violence or disorder; and to respect the Constitutional rights of all men to liberty, equality and justice.' The creation of this t-shirt makes a mockery of that statement."

Detective Nick Rogers of the Police Protective Association said that the union predicts sales of about 2,000 shirts in addition to the ones given free to Denver police officers, and also told KMGH that he hadn't received any complaints about the shirt.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:38 pm 

This is the place to note that the Recreate 68 organization was false flag operation, promoted by Rush Limpdick among others. Bullshit organizations like this need to be mocked so groups like Code Pink can be given their due credit.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:56 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'll remember this report the next time I get a call from some policemen's benevolence group!

:evil:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:45 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I played high school football with our governor. I was a firm supporter until I found that he is a backer of police state actions.

Martial law is possibly our number 1 threat right now. The police state has been here since the Patriot Act passed.

Politicians are reluctant to slow down the march. 9/11 and the anthrax attacks accomplished their goals.

Have I become a conspiracy theorist? The theorists are all saying "I told you so here lately."

Actually I don't consider a lot of it to be theory since so much has been documented and proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:42 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I figure the bailout controversey has taken us pretty close to martial law....and it may happen yet. :evil:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:33 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

There is talk of the Bank of America calling in credit card debts with people with credit scores below a certain mark. As the nations largest issuer of credit card debt, this is assured to issue in the Greater Depression.

It will be the same as when the federal reserve called in the brokers call rate on the eve of the Great Depression.

The fine print on loans often allows financial institutions to call in their debts when they want to.

Oh well. Many of us have been sounding the alarm bells for some time. It wasn't like there wasn't a great deal of writing on the walls.

I honestly don't know what to think these days but if I were a betting man, I would bet that the USA (as we knew it) will be over before Bush leaves office.

It will have been shocked and privatized by the power elite. Victim #37.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:00 am 

Quote:
I honestly don't know what to think these days but if I were a betting man, I would bet that the USA (as we knew it) will be over before Bush leaves office.

I think it has been gone for a while now...

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid