It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:17 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My Electoral College Map
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:32 am 

http://www.electoral-vote.com/

If the election were held today, Obama would win the electoral college with 329 votes to 194 for McNasty. Very, Very good!

However, come election day November 4th, that may differ. So, what do you think will be the outcome on the electoral college tabulation? Here's my score.

Obama today has for sure a lock on 192 solid votes, with 72 leaning. If luck holds out for the 264 votes, Obama only needs to win one of the following states to past 270. Virgina, Missouri, Florida, or N. Carolina.

Of course, it would be great to win all four as listed, and with that he would end up with 355 electoral votes.

Anyone care to show a different figure?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:55 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've been watching those numbers for days, KF.

However, I'm worried for two reasons:

1. The Palin Attacks. As you know, she's now been let off her leash and is doing what she does best...lying and distorting the facts. She's making the sheeple once again believe the Swift-Boat type of misinformation...and she's still winking, nodding, and claiming that Hockey Mom knows best. What a load of crap, but then the general American population is pretty stupid.

2. Dennis Kucinich is blasting Obama for voting for the bailout and seems to be ignoring McSame's role in the same fiasco. Kucinich shouldn't be bitterly stoking the fires of those same types of Swift-Boat attacks. Watch and see....the McCain campaign will take Kucinich's words and spin them so that Obama will lose support. Right now, Obama needs to carry Ohio...and Kucinich should save his harsh words for after the election OR at least give McSame some of the blame, too.

I didn't like the bailout vote, but I saw no way out for either candidate. What I have seen is that a McSame-Palin administration will be more disastrous than more of Bush-Cheney and that is intolerable.

If those two go in, our Constitution will become further eroded and Kucinich has always stood for the Constitution. What's up with him now?

http://www.truthdig.com/report/page2/20 ... _betrayal/

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:05 pm 

In my view of D. Kucinich, I've always thought he was just another Joe Lieberman. Maybe not as radical, but bad enough to cause trouble in the Democrat party. I'm now seeing that from the many reports the past few statements he had made. It is best for Kucinich not to utter a wrong or right word here...just keep quiet. We want to win an election, and not help Mr. McNasty and Sarah Mooseolini.

We know the bailout was two-fold. It's like trying to put out a roaring fire, putting it out with spit, or with a leaky water hose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:11 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
It is best for Kucinich not to utter a wrong or right word here...just keep quiet.

I completely agree. Kucinich is an experienced politician. He's been frustrated at every turn as he's tried to stop the Bushies in their tracks. He should let go of his former defeats because there's nothing that can be done about them now. In fact, it seems to me that John Conyers and Nancy Pelosi have done Kucinich's causes more harm than anyone else.

Kucinich should be more interested in helping to defeat McCain. Instead, now he's going around trashing Obama and his fellow Dems. If he's truly interested in the future of our country, and I believe he is...wouldn't he want sympathetic ears in the White House, in the Senate, and in the House...when it will be much more possible to bring criminal charges against those in the Bush admin who have broken so many of our laws and trampled on the Constitution?

You can't win friends and influence them if you're going to take pot shots at them during an economic crisis such as what we're seeing now. I hope Kucinich will back down and do it soon.

If McSame goes in, Kucinich will be more tethered than he's ever been in all of his political career.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:36 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

OBAMA IS LENGTHENING HIS LEAD IN NORTH CAROLINA!

[url=http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/10/another_poll_finds_obama_takin.php]Another Poll Finds Obama Taking The Lead -- In North Carolina!
[/url]

I wonder if McSame has begun working on his concession speech! :twisted:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:58 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I disagree. We can't give Obama a free pass to work heart and soul for Wall Street just because he is "better."

The Republicans let Bushco do anything he wanted....because he was a Republican and they were popular. For awhile.

It doesn't look to me like the country...as we know it... will survive the Bushbarian onslaught. The pirates have been hacking at the ship America and she looks to be listing badly.

I have pity for the next president. They are inheriting a shipwreck. They will be blamed for the 'free pass of destruction' that the Bushbarians played with...24/7.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:25 am 

Catherine wrote:
Kucinich should be more interested in helping to defeat McCain. Instead, now he's going around trashing Obama and his fellow Dems. If he's truly interested in the future of our country, and I believe he is...wouldn't he want sympathetic ears in the White House, in the Senate, and in the House...when it will be much more possible to bring criminal charges against those in the Bush admin who have broken so many of our laws and trampled on the Constitution?

You can't win friends and influence them if you're going to take pot shots at them during an economic crisis such as what we're seeing now. I hope Kucinich will back down and do it soon.

If McSame goes in, Kucinich will be more tethered than he's ever been in all of his political career.

I must agree with PT but probably for different reasons.

Kucinich must be re-elected to the House to have any chance. Sympathetic ears will mean little if he isn't in office. The Democratic Party machine tried to defeat him in the primary; they are backing an independent during this general election. Why should he show loyalty when none is given him? Speaker Pelosi has admitted she hasn't even bothered to read the Articles of Impeachment.

If voters vote for McWar instead of Obama because Dennis isn't a good little soldier that follows the Party line, they have missed the point of the political debate. The point is to get the debate centered on the populace and their needs. McWar will never shift to a position that supports the common man, Obama claims to be there but obviously has a long way to go. Burrs under the saddle like Dennis Kucinich are the only things that might cause Obama to shift a little closer to the people and away from politics as usual.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote