It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:20 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fellow POW: McCain Is 'Make-Believe Maverick'
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:34 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 1:35 PM

By: Tim Collie Article Font Size

A cover story in the upcoming issue of Rolling Stone magazine depicts John McCain as a coward, cheat, adulterer and pampered admiral’s son who owes his reputation in part to the liberal media.

The article, “Make-Believe Maverick,” retells much of McCain’s familiar story and doesn’t dispute any of the well-known facts of his capture and subsequent torture during the Vietnam War.

But it places those facts in a less-forgiving light and quotes some of McCain’s fellow soldiers and former POWs as raising questions about his heroism, and his ability to lead.

The author, Tim Dickinson, quotes John Dramesi, a retired Air Force lieutenant colonel who was also imprisoned in Vietnam, as saying that McCain is undeserving of his reputation.

“McCain says his life changed while he was in Vietnam, and he is now a different man," Dramesi is quoted as saying. "But he's still the undisciplined, spoiled brat that he was when he went in." etc........

http://www.newsmax.com/politics/mccain_ ... 36300.html

I thought you folks might enjoy this one. TuT :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:19 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Check the top threads in ELECTIONS... :lol: :wink: "you betcha!"

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:28 pm 

I sincerely hope Caribou Barbie finds out that people in glass houses shouldn't be casting stones. Her palling around with a member of the Alaska Independence Party (she is married to the guy) and her little welcoming speech to the same party's convention should send any rocks right back into her smirking pie hole. There appears to be no real October surprise held in reserve; only rehashing of already debunked garbage, McWar's campaign is in desperation mode and hopefully flame out mode.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

ABSOLUTELY! THE "first dood" is a prime target and then we also have Cindy McCain's drug use. I want to see Obama expose more Keating 5 and McCain's stint of being a member of a racist board. I want it to hit McSame and McPalin right where it hurts...smacked back into their ugly, lying faces.

These aren't rumors and associations made 40 years ago. These are verifiable facts.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:45 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Joe Klein, on the increasing nastiness of the McCain campaign:

So then, I'd guess, it would be appropriate to bring up some of the nuttiness that passes for godliness in Palin's religious life. Leave aside the fact that The Embarracuda allowed herself to participate in a cermony that protected her from witchcraft, how about her presence--she didn't "get up and leave"-- at a sermon by the founder of Jews for Jesus, who argued that the Palestinian terrorist acts against Israel were God's "judgment" on the Jews because they hadn't accepted Jesus.

Speaking of Jews, the ever-execrable Sean Hannity has been having intercourse with a known Jew-hater named Andy Martin, who now wants to expose Barack Obama as a Muslim. According to the Washington Times:

In 1986, when Mr. Martin ran as a Democrat for Connecticut's 3rd Congressional District seat under the name "Anthony R. Martin-Trigona," his campaign committee filed papers saying its purpose was to "exterminate Jew power in America and impeach U.S. District Court of Appeals judges in New York City."

Calling all Podhoretzs! Where's the outrage? I mean, don't the hateful doings at Palin's church and Hannity's perfidy deserve a lengthy exegesis from Pete Wehner or Jennifer Rubin or one of the other empretzled ideologues over at Commentary?

Jerome Corsi also uses Andy Martin as a reference multiple times in his new anti-Obama book. The same Andy Martin who once called a judge a "crooked, slimy Jew." I asked Corsi about it on a bloggingheads we recorded recently (isn't up yet), and Corsi said that just because he uses someone as a source it doesn't mean he approves of everything he says.

I guess it's okay if he only hates Jews on the side. Or something.

Ari also unearths this Martin quote:

I am able to understand how the Holocaust took place, and with every passing day feel less and less sorry that it did, when Jew survivors are operating as a wolf pack to steal my property.

Andy Martin has filed so many frivolous lawsuits he's no longer allowed to file them, yet right wing outlets have consistently been granting him credibility and using him as a source to tear down Obama. Why isn't the perpetually vigilant Jennifer Rubin shreiking "anti-Semite" and seeking to discredit him at every turn
?

http://campaignsilo.firedoglake.com/

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman