It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:27 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DEBATE #2...WHAT DO YOU THINK?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:13 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I can't stand McCain personally...but he seemed like a dottering old grandfather offering "sage" advice to the younger generation who knows that his way isn't the best way anymore.

I noted several things:

1. McCain is a coward. He obviously is going to let Palin do his dirty work...I guess he likes to hide under her skirts. Chris Matthews found that fact "interesting." So did I.

2. He referred to Obama as "that one," which spoke volumes about his real regard for Barack Obama. McCain let it show that he's a racist in that one remark. It was equivalent to calling Obama "boy." Even Katie Couric was shocked and mentioned it.

3. He thinks that having medical insurance is a "responsibility," while Obama said it was a "right."

I think more Americans are going to agree with Obama. We're not all rich like McCain....but we all get sick. We have to decide whether to pay for meds or pay for food. Has McCain or his fat cat buddies ever had to do that?

For me, Obama won the debate hands down. I don't think he has lost anything tonight. McCain was more comfortable, but he was still just as disdainful, and he really had to struggle not to say "maverick" and " I was a POW." But the "my friends" got old.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:31 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I'm just glad its over. I am sick of elections. They almost have not stopped since 2003...for me.

I really supported out governor. Then he turns out to be a police state fan from the looks of it.

At least he isn't beholden to business executives who are resembling skunks and sharks more with each passing year.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject: Re: DEBATE #2...WHAT DO YOU THINK?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:01 am 

Catherine wrote:
We have to decide whether to pay for meds or pay for food. Has McCain or his fat cat buddies ever had to do that?

They never have to choose since under their medical plans the drugs are already paid for. When his wife was given the choice of forwarding medications to the children they were bought for, or using them herself, she chose to keep the drugs for her own use and abuse. Being married to the Corrupt Old Bastard might have been a mitigating circumstance but it is indicative the attitude that rules apply only to the "little folk."

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject: Re: DEBATE #2...WHAT DO YOU THINK?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:00 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

McCain continued the Petraeus praising. Does McCain still praise him after this though?

McCain's Hero Petraeus: "I Do Think You Have To Talk To Enemies"
Quote:
By Greg Sargent - October 9, 2008, 2:18PM

So General Petraeus agrees with Barack Obama -- and not John McCain -- on the question of whether we should meet with hostile enemies?

In an interview that aired on CBS last night, John McCain, when asked which three living people he'd like to have dinner with most, promptly chose General Petraeus. McCain frequently hails Petraeus as an "American hero."

McCain, however, might not enjoy that dinner so much if he heard Petraeus' views on one of the leading foreign policy differences he has with Barack Obama.

In a case of comically awful timing, Petraeus yesterday gave a talk at the Heritage Foundation in which he more or less echoed Barack Obama's views on negotiating with hostile foreign leaders -- views that McCain has repeatedly subjected to criticism and ridicule.

Asked by a questioner specifically about the disagreement on this topic that McCain and Obama had at Tuesday night's debate, Petraeus demurred a bit, but said: "I do think you have to talk to enemies."

And where else did Petraeus disagree with McCain? On using the Iraq strategy in Afghanistan.
Quote:
Moreover, in a speech this week, General David Petraeus contradicted McCain's positions on using our Iraq strategy in Afghanistan and on negotiating with our enemies. Even more damaging to McCain were troubling reports that a second NIE -- this one on Afghanistan -- will indicate a "downward spiral," further indicting McCain's previous neglect of the issue and his past remarks that it would be enough to "muddle through.

How's that song go?

You're out of touch [McCain].
I'm out of time.

I haven't used this screen name elsewhere.