It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:10 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: McCain let's his dog out
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:16 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Who let Palin run off leash? Why the irresponsible guardian John McCain. Witness the last thing Sarah the Pitbull (or junkyard dog) has been barking.

Palin calls Obama terrorist buddy
Quote:
October 5, 2008 - 6:29am.

Republican Vice Presidential nominee Sarah Palin went from winking hockey mom to snarling attack dog this weekend, tuning up the GOP smear machine with claims that Democrat Barack Obama "pals around" with terrorists and linking him with one of the founders of the Weather Underground.

The attack is not surprising, given the recent slide of John McCain and Palin in polls and Obama's surge as the economy takes center state as a major campaign issue.

What might be surprising, however, is the viciousness of the attacks. Obama, on the other hand, appears prepared for the onslaught.

What do you expect from such an ornery animal? McNasty adopts her out of Alaska without checking her papers or realizing that she is not paper trained, only to let her run around unmuzzled.

Bad dog. She must be smarting after having to tuck her tail between her legs over that last few weeks, what with Katie Couric shaming Sarah the Pitbull and Joe Biden barking back and sending her to her corner.

Bad dog. Now Sarah the Pitbull is crapping all over the place, leaving not only her terrorist name calling feces but also her "less American than us" mess all over the place. And she's not just nipping at the heals but really backbiting, leaving awful marks by condemning people to hell who aren't as derranged as she.

She must have abandoned any thoughts of every being like Lassie, and must think the only way to help her trainers win the oval office is to turn the election into a vicious dog fight. She may have realized that her dog smarts are not all they're cracked-up to be. She made her guardian gradually look really bad since coming on the scene. She is helping her trainers to lose favor in the polls. And now those who were thought to be her base don't regard her well anymore (a poll of women favors Obama over pitbull Sarah).

I haven't used this screen name elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:06 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I hope it comes back to haunt John McCain, CZ...because it's the same kind of campaign that George Bush ran against him in 2000. AND we have evidence that McCain actually sat as an ADULT on the board of a racist group.

Quote:
After pointing out that Obama was eight years old when Ayers' planned the attacks, Begala believes "guilt by association" attacks are dangerous territory for McCain.

Begala said, "This guilt by association path is going to be trouble ultimately for the McCain campaign. You can go back -- I have written a book about the candidate. A dozen researchers go through him. I didn't even put this in the book. John McCain sat on a baord.

"It was the U.S. Council for World Freedom. It was chaired by a guy named John Singlaub who wound up involved in the Iran Contra scandal. It was an ultra conservative right-wing group.

"The Anti-Defamation League, in 1981 when McCain was on the board, said this about this organization. It was affiliated with the World Anti-Communist League, the parent organization which ADL said had increasingly become a gathering place, a forum, a point of contact for extremists, racist and anti-Semites.
"

This video is from NBC's Meet the Press, broadcast October 5, 2008

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Begala_Mc ... _1005.html

AND, if we want to really get down and dirty..

Quote:
Back in the day, Sarah Palin obviously had no problems carrying water for Wasilla's far-right fringe. Of course, these days, she doesn't want to have anything to do with these old friends (and Team McCain is intent on making sure you don't know about them, either).

So it probably was not just a coincidence that Sarah Palin posed with that article from the John Birch Society's house organ for that City Council portrait in 1995. After all, Palin's base of support included the community's far-right fringe element that likely sent the piece across her desk in the first place. And as we can see, she pandered to them in all kinds of ways

http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/99883/palin'

THE LITTLE GIRL BEING HELD IN THE MAN'S ARMS THAT YOU SEE DIRECTLY BEHIND SARAH PALIN IN THIS PHOTO HAS THE CORRECT IDEA. SHE'S COVERING HER HEAD AND EARS WITH HER HAND!

SURROUNDING HER ARE SHEEPLE WHO CAN'T UNDERSTAND THAT PALIN IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN DICK CHENEY!

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:06 pm 

We learn today, Sarah Mooseolini intends to campaign against Obama on the "far negative" slant. Such nasty assaults that only a misguided, lunatic radicals would understand. The RMC claims this will work, as the news media loves to follow her due to the fact they like to catch her in wordy mistakes. Therefore, her rhetoric gets across.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:00 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

What is one of the dogs of choice for thugs? Pitbulls. And now the RNC it appears.

They say the pitbull "breed" can be really loving if given the right environment. But one that is born or raised to maul will do just that. Thugs don't really care about these animals. They train these animals to protect their turf and for blood thirsty violence. They let these pitbulls do their dirty work. That's what the RNC has in Sarah the Pitbull.

That must make McCain another Michael Vick. Someone who should know better, but has decided not to. Someone with first hand experience on being the victim of a dirty fight, but has decided to become a part of that pack.

I haven't used this screen name elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:22 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

ANOTHER GAFFE BY PALIN!

Palin calls Afghanistan ‘our neighboring country.’

Speaking at a San Francisco fundraiser on Sunday, Gov. Sarah Palin (R-AK) “fumbled” while praising U.S. soldiers in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, referring to Afghanistan as a “neighboring country”:

“They are also building schools for the Afghan children so that there is hope and opportunity in our neighboring country of Afghanistan,” she told several hundred supporters at a fundraising event in San Francisco.

Afghanistan borders neither the United States nor Iraq. Asian geography appears equally difficult for Sen. John McCain (R-AZ), who has discussed an imaginary Iraq-Pakistan border.

I doubt the crowd listening so raptly to her even knew the mistake had been made! :roll:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:24 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Palin: I have been ‘an open book’ and have had to answer questions ‘every day.’»

Continuing her tour among friendly-only interviewers, Gov. Sarah Palin (R-AK) appeared on the Laura Ingraham show today and declared it’s time voters “start…demanding answers of candidates.” Of course, she wasn’t referring to the McCain-Palin campaign, which she described as “an open book”:

Laura, it’s so important for your listeners to start asking those questions and demanding answers of candidates. We certainly — John McCain and I — our lives are an open book. We’re called on the carpet every day, demanded of us to answer questions and I don’t see that on the other side.

Listen here:

Palin has refused to give a single news conference, and has taken open questions from her traveling press corps just once — and for fifteen minutes. Though she has granted right-wing Sean Hannity three interviews (better compared to infomercials), she has yet to talk with NBC, CNN, or MSNBC.

Transcript:

PALIN: Laura, it’s so important for your listeners to start asking those questions and demanding answers of candidates. We certainly — John McCain and I — our lives are an open book. We’re called on the carpet every day, demanded of us to answer questions and I don’t see that on the other side. I don’t see the other ticket being asked to be truthful and give these details that American voters are deserving and your listeners have gotta have these questions too.

UpdateWhen Ingraham invited Palin to appear on her show every week until election day, Palin replied noncommittally: "You're cool."

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: A Close Look at McCain-Palin Fans
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:49 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

A Close Look at McCain-Palin Fans

Geez..these are the idiots who are supporting the McCain-Palin ticket!

Wonkette was correct in calling this clip “phenomenal stuff.” It’s also scary stuff—check out this video by Blogger Interrupted, showing supporters of John McCain and Sarah Palin demonstrating how negative campaigning strategies and catchphrases can hit their marks.

It seems to me that the good people of Illinois should have something to say about their Senator...the one they ELECTED and the one who has served them well for quite awhile. All this talk about Obama being a "terrorist" should make the Land of Lincoln people want to stand up and demand that the McCain=Palin campaign either put up or shut up...and demand an apology, not only to their Senator but to the people of their state as well!

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Re: McCain let's his dog out
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:23 am 

Ok, I need help guys and gals.
I have a friend who claims to be a republican and I'm pretty sure he's done nothing but vote republican his whole life. He thinks Sean Hannity is jesus.
BUT, he's a very intelligent, articulate and thoughtful guy. I actually got into a fantastic debate last night with him and before BOTH of my phones went dead from such extended use, I had him actually admitting that he was (1) PRETTY LIBERAL (2) GLOBAL WARMING IS A REAL, MAN MADE PHENOMENON (3) WE ARE NOT AT CONSTANT RISK OF TERRORIST ATTACKS (4) WE HAVE NO BUSINESS INVADING AND OCCUPYING COUNTRIES JUST CUZ WE WANT TO...and was near having him admit that we are, in fact, in a recession that is quickly leading to a depression when my phones quit on me.

The one thing I couldn't get him to see reason on, no matter what angle I went from was Sarah Palin. He is convinced she is genuine and not a Washington insider and is completely capable of running the country. Anyone have any good, non-biased sources I can use to help him realize she is a walking moron?

He even admitted the main reason he couldn't (ha) vote for Obama is because while he doesn't believe he will raise his taxes, he feels he won't lower them either.
That's it. That was his main argument against voting for obama.

So, I do actually believe there is a real chance of bringing him over from the dark side. I need a very unbiased something to help him understand Palin.

Any ideas????

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:39 am 

lefty wrote:
So, I do actually believe there is a real chance of bringing him over from the dark side. I need a very unbiased something to help him understand Palin.

Any ideas????

Have him do a little research on his own about Caribou Barbie's wacko religious background. There is a video available where she is undergoing witch banishment. Second she is a strong supporter of teaching Creationism, a sure sign that her understanding of science, i.e. the real world, is non-existent. Hope these help.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:38 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

What does he think of George Bush, lefty? If he strongly dislikes George Bush, he can't justify his liking for Palin. She's Bush in a skirt...Bush in drag.

Considering what you said about your friend and he still says the only reason he's voting for McCain is because of Palin, I'd say he's thinking with his little head rather than his big one. Sorry...but that's the only thing that makes sense...he's infatuated, besotted. To put it bluntly, he wants to sleep with her, and probably fantasizes about doing so every chance he gets. He's like Henry the 8th in his passion for Anne Boleyn, and look at the lasting effects of THAT particular crush!...but you can bet your boots he'd NEVER admit it and he won't change his mind, regardless of evidence you throw in front of him about her character or lack of qualifications to be VP.

While I wish I could say something more hopeful for your friend, he's a lost cause if he's not seen the light about Palin by now.

Remember the Pamela Smart case? At any Palin rally, there are thousands of idiots, both male and female, who are just as besotted with Sarah Palin as those young men were of Smart...so besotted they would kill if they thought it would please her... That is what worries me about their zealous beliefs in what she's rabbiting on about over and over again as to Obama's supposed terrorist links.

It's so dangerous and I am so afraid they will try to harm Obama or Biden or anyone who demonstrates support for the Democratic ticket. There's no fool like a man who has a crush on a woman like Palin...as evidenced so far by the males who are thronging to her speeches.

But, just for fun, you could tell your friend to take a look at this report. It might take some of the shine off... :twisted:

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Blumentha ... _1010.html

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:26 pm 

Cat we are so much alike on some things. I actually suggested that she was blinding him and most men and Joel became extremely offended and said I WAS BEING SEXIST!!!!!!!!! What a hoot.

His only defense he could put up for Bush was "well, what do you think would have happened on 9/11 if Al "I invented the internet" Gore was in office when it happened.

I told him he was avoiding the point and he pretty much couldn't argue for Bush at all beyond that.

The guy I'm talking to is a history major. He freaking KNOWS he's wrong. But I swear, I am probably the first person in his entire life to question him on his beliefs without just randomly attacking things without any information.

He told his wife that I was the best debater he'd ever talked to.

:)

Maybe I can win him over yet.

I'm already more than half way on convincing her wife that liberals aren't just out to raise taxes and give lazy people money. But she is FAR less stuck in a rut than Joel. I don't think she's really just ever thought about politics much before.

Its amazing I can even make myself try to go on fighting the good fight in this environment.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

:lol: If you enjoy debating with him, lefty, stick with it. Once it stops being fun, though, I'd probably use that time to read a good book instead.

I promise you, when your friend is in that voting booth, he'll punch that straight Repub button and feel defiant in doing so, regardless of everything he's heard you say.

But if there's still hope for his wife, you might score Obama one more vote. :wink:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:10 pm 

Palin abuses power

Quote:
Gov. Palin knowingly permitted a situation to continue where impermissible pressure was placed on several subordinates in order to advance a personal agenda," the report states.

Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan's refusal to fire State Trooper Mike Wooten from the state police force was "likely a contributing factor" to Monegan's July dismissal, but Palin had the authority as governor to fire him, the report by former Anchorage prosecutor Stephen Branchflower states.

However, it states that her efforts to get Wooten fired broke a state ethics law that bars public officials from pursuing personal interest through official action.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/10/ ... index.html

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I saw this breaking on Countdown, lefty. Looks like McCain's dog (and I do apologize to all noble canines. The only other living species Palin compares to: MAGGOTS...) might have to put its tail between its legs and go back to the....igloo. :bounce:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:46 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

When the VP candidate uses her office as Governor of the state of Alaska to promote religion, what can we expect of her as vice-president of the US? More of the same! AND she's one 72 year old heartbeat away from the presidency...for four long years. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Palin has used office to promote religion

The camera closes in on Sarah Palin speaking to young missionaries, vowing from the pulpit to do her part to implement God's will from the governor's office.

What she didn't tell worshippers gathered at the Wasilla Assembly of God church in her hometown was that her appearance that day came courtesy of Alaskan taxpayers, who picked up the $639.50 tab for her airplane tickets and per diem fees.

An Associated Press review of the Republican vice presidential candidate's record as mayor and governor reveals her use of elected office to promote religious causes, sometimes at taxpayer expense and in ways that blur the line between church and state.

Since she took state office in late 2006, the governor and her family have spent more than $13,000 in taxpayer funds to attend at least 10 religious events and meetings with Christian pastors, including Franklin Graham, the son of evangelical preacher Billy Graham, records show.

Palin was baptized Roman Catholic as a newborn and baptized again in a Pentecostal Assemblies of God church when she was a teenager. She has worshipped at a nondenominational Bible church since 2002, opposes abortion even in cases of rape and incest and supports classroom discussions about creationism.

More at the link...

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman