It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:51 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Has Palin Helped the Republican Base to Become the "Fringe?"
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:11 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

As the evangelical governor of Alaska, Sarah Palin, continues to throw "red meat" to the Republican base, the expected response, according to Max Keiser of Intrade, may be what Palin likes to see and hear, but it is turning off independent voters in droves.

Has the 'Republican base' become the fringe?

Quote:
The scenes from the Palin rallies remind me of that film, To Die For, in which a hot newscaster babe (played by Nicole Kidman) winks her way into the hearts of a group of young, impressionable teenagers who promptly do away with anyone standing in the way of her ambition. 'All she wanted was a little attention'.

Nicole Kidman won a Golden Globe for her performance, and Palin has won the devotion of many for her own A-list winkage. The backers of Palin's performance, however - the McCain campaign - are losing big time at the Intrade box office.

As the Palin mob reached a fever pitch, McCain crashed on Intrade's President 08 (Individual) from the mid to low thirties to 20.

Hoping to stop the bleeding of mainstream support, the McCain campaign have reportedly resorted to keeping the press away from this base at Palin's rallies. It may be too late, however, for judgement has been rendered far and wide in the beltway and in the polls.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Re: Has Palin Helped the Republican Base to Become the "Fringe?"
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:09 pm 

The one thing not noted in the article is that the movie was based on actual events. One of the people killed was the newscaster's husband and only when the parents of the husband investigated the crime did it come to light that the newscaster was involved.

When McCain has tried to reverse this red meat to the base trend, the rabid base boos him for not being Palin-like. One can only hope this turns off the base to the extent they don't bother to vote.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:31 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm not so sure that McCain really wants to turn down the red meat trend, APL. McCain is a snake in the grass, who has fooled far too many for far too long by constantly referencing his "service to country," and "I was a POW." "Check my record" has led to some interesting things being revealed, some of which are posted at this website. McCain is one of the worst hypocrites in the Republican party. He shouldn't even be in the Senate, much less in the White House. He's 72 years old and this is his last chance to be president. He will stop at NOTHING to achieve that goal. Clear evidence to me is his VP choice and not controlling her rhetoric, his on again-off again campaign, and his continued support of Bush policies, including tax breaks for his real "base," the millionaires.

If McCain can look like he's wanting to focus on the issues, it might be enough for those non-thinkers who want to vote for him but just can't bring themselves to support rabble-rousing actively. It's an appeasement to their consciences. What they should be asking themselves is if McCain can't control his audience, how in the hell is he supposed to be able to "protect' the country?

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:12 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Hear, Hear !!!!!!! Well put Kat 8)