It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:38 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: OBAMA WINS ELECTION!!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:28 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

OBAMA WINS ELECTION!!!!

Obama Wins Election; McCain Loses as Bush Legacy Is Rejected

Barack Hussein Obama was elected the 44th president of the United States on Tuesday, sweeping away the last racial barrier in American politics with ease as the country chose him as its first black chief executive.

Mr. Obama’s election amounted to a national catharsis — a repudiation of a historically unpopular Republican president and his economic and foreign policies, and an embrace of Mr. Obama’s call for a change in the direction and the tone of the country. But it was just as much a strikingly symbolic moment in the evolution of the nation’s fraught racial history, a breakthrough that would have seemed unthinkable just two years ago.

Mr. Obama, 47, a first-term Democratic senator from Illinois, defeated Senator John McCain, Republican of Arizona, a former prisoner of war who was making his second bid for the presidency.

MORE AT THE LINK!

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Re: OBAMA WINS ELECTION!!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:05 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

An amazing story to be sure. It will be interesting to see what happens to Obama and the nation.

I really can't believe that 48% voted for more Bush policies. But then most people I know voted for more Bush. They know quite little about global ecopolitics of course.

Unfortunately the dems are being handed a sinking ship. They can either right it (a miracle) or be blamed for what the Bushbarians did (and their aiding and abatement of the Bushbarians).

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:33 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

where is the celebration? Your guy wins and ya'll hibernate?

strange indeed

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:37 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Small yippee. 8)

Winning the election was the easy part. The harder part is running this country with such a great setback to start with.

I like how the world really paid attention to the result. Nice to an outward-in look at ourselves like that. I guess many countries saw the hypocrisy of the American dream finally realized.

I haven't used this screen name elsewhere.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:11 am 

Unfortunately, I've got stuff going on around my house that's keeping me from the internet and TVNL as much as I'd like to be here.

I'm still so excited I don't know what to do.

So yippee again!
:bounce:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:26 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Too bad for Obama and the nation that the banksters feel they need to re-organize the global financial system. They want more control and they also like to purchase infrastructure for pennies on the dollar.

This will make their previous 'shock and privatize' efforts, with 37 different countries/victims, look like small potatos.

Look for a DOW below 6000 in order to realize their globalists dreams. Thats just a start though.

Too damn bad.

Good news for Obama though...in a different light. He is their chosen front man.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:28 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Ah yes, the leaders of the G20 convene on Nov 15th. They need panic and crisis to get their way.