It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:41 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: UNBELIEVABLE!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:02 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

ACLU 'Concerned' After Students Told Not To Say Obama: Pearl School Bus Driver, Coach Disciplined

PEARL, Miss. -- The American Civil Liberties Union of Mississippi said Friday that it had received numerous reports from throughout the state from parents and students regarding alleged violations of students’ free speech following Tuesday’s election.

On Thursday, the Pearl Schools superintendent said that a school bus driver and a coach were disciplined for allegedly telling students not to say President-elect Barack Obama’s name.

Reporters with 16 WAPT News received several calls from upset parents that said a school bus driver told the children on a Pearl school bus that if they said Obama’s name, they would be written up and taken to the principal’s office for disciplinary reasons.

Another parent said that a coach at Pearl Junior High School told students that if they speak Obama’s name, they would face expulsion.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Re: UNBELIEVABLE!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:37 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Things are pretty nasty.

I am quitting politicking. That is much of the reason. Too may people ready to throw down over a vote.

Rockefeller's coterie (reps and dems) took what.....99? of the vote?

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:52 am 

Sadly, it doesn't surprise me that this took place in MS. Pearl is the place where the first school shootings took place back in the 90's as well.

Truthfully though, everyone (ok, not exactly everyone) but a lot more people around here than I expected are as thrilled as I am.

PT, I understand where you are coming from, but you have to admit that Obama is a far better person than McCain. And I would really like to live in optimism for a while. :drunken:

Even the mock election my 2nd grader had had Obama win by a large margin. And, as he is proud to note as well, Kids Pick the President (by Nickelodeon) also chose Obama.

I think he is thoughtful and intelligent and I am really excited about the prospect of not having a bumbling fucking moron in the WH. I would like to spend a few days a week not worried sick about what may happen next.

Damn, that was way off topic...sorry Cath, didn't mean to hijack.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:55 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I find it incredibly strange that so many republicans can't fathom the importance of having an intelligent person at the helm of the most powerful nation in the world.....OUR nation. While my state went blue this time...barely...my county went RED. The reddest part of the nation was Appalachia...how smart is that? :roll:

PT...don't you dare try to give up politicking... :wink: :!:

I hope Crimson Eagle comes back now, too.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman