It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:35 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Video of BART cop shooting
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:21 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

http://carlosmiller.com/2009/01/09/new- ... and-audio/

Shot a handcuffed guy lying on the floor.

Think I'll stay away from post 9/11 cops.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject: Re: Video of BART cop shooting
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:14 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Having slept on this, there are a couple more items of enduring negativity.
1) The rush of 'people' who posted to defend the cop who shot a guy in handcuffs.
2) The photographer who is still trying to pay his legal fees because he took photos of cops out in public. Without photos, they spin events in a highly favorable direction. As proved by the increasingly common videos that prove their stories to be beyond self-serving.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:33 pm 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

Yes I read on other boards where people said that he thought he had his taser, as if that would be acceptable.

They just love to taze.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:32 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Yes...agents and such jumped on the tazer excuse.

Do they taze from 4-5 feet away? With a gun?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:14 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Mighty oak 1 wrote:
Yes I read on other boards where people said that he thought he had his taser, as if that would be acceptable.

They just love to taze.

Did you used to post at Elte Fitness? There was a Mighty Oak there as well. He seemed a bit mellow.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:10 am 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

Purple Tang wrote:
Mighty oak 1 wrote:

They just love to taze.

Did you used to post at Elte Fitness? There was a Mighty Oak there as well. He seemed a bit mellow.
Nope, wasn't me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:48 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Oh well.....welcome anyway!

These folks do love the Democrat kool-aid but have other generally compensating traits. The board is small enought to fly under the radar of most of Bushkie's new fangled poice state.

Being politically concerned, I normally feret out the attention of agents within a day at large boards. I figure they do about 10% of the posting on chat boards. They also represent about 10% or more of the membership in group thats follow political corruption.

Not all bad....I just tell people to be aware that entrapment etc is pretty easy to pull off.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:51 am 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

Purple Tang wrote:
Oh well.....welcome anyway!

These folks do love the Democrat kool-aid but have other generally compensating traits. The board is small enought to fly under the radar of most of Bushkie's new fangled poice state.

Being politically concerned, I normally feret out the attention of agents within a day at large boards. I figure they do about 10% of the posting on chat boards. They also represent about 10% or more of the membership in group thats follow political corruption.

Not all bad....I just tell people to be aware that entrapment etc is pretty easy to pull off.
Centcom..............gotta love'em.

Yeah, it's not that difficult to know who you are talking with after a while.

It's good to be aware. I'm a right brain dominent person, intuition is a blessing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:35 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

More BART protests planned for major cities

Outraged citizens seeking justice in the New Year's Day shooting death of 22-year old Oscar Grant of Haywood, California have scheduled more protests in Oakland, CA, as well as Pittsburgh, PA., Columbus, OH, Little Rock, AK., and Erie, PA., according to a report in the Bay Area news. The protesters are reportedly upset that earlier responses to the shooting turned violent, and plan new gatherings demonstrating their commitment to nonviolent action.

The shooting gained national attention after video images captured by witnesses of an apparently helpless and unarmed Grant being shot by Bay Area Transportation Authority (BART) officer Johannes Mehserle, 27, were circulated on the internet. Raw Story first published the video and report on Jan. 5, 2009.

The organizer of the Oakland protest, scheduled for Wednesday, Jan. 14, Dereca Blackmon, a founder and partner at Oakland-based Aya Solutions, a consulting firm that advises government and private companies on race issue, said her Coalition Against Police Executions would probably brief the media on plans for the protest today due to concerns over the violence that plagued the last protests in Oakland.

The Coalition Against Police Executions' Facebook page has 1,434 members, and the London-based Justice for Oscar Grant Facebook page has well over 5,000 members worldwide, according to the Bay Area News.

"I hope that city officials see the citizens of Oakland, and citizens all over the world, aren't going to rest until they see justice done," organizer Evan Shamar told the News. "We will definitely make it very clear to all the protesters and supporters there that we don't want any violence to take place."

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:03 am 

UPDATE FROM SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE

Quote:
BART calls meeting on killing, gets flak

(01-11) 21:00 PST -- Eleven days after the video-recorded shooting of an unarmed man by a BART police officer, the transit agency has still not explained the killing, and the anger and political heat around the case remain intense.

That much was clear when officials from the transit agency invited community leaders and local politicians to a special Sunday meeting - and were lambasted for three hours.

Many of the speakers demanded that BART immediately arrest Johannes Mehserle, the BART police officer who in the early hours of New Year's Day fatally shot Oscar Grant as Grant lay face-down on the platform of the Fruitvale Station in Oakland.

Police had detained Grant, a 22-year-old supermarket worker from Hayward, along with a few others, around 2 a.m. as they investigated a fight aboard a train from San Francisco.

About 100 people attended Sunday's meeting. Some called for an extensive overhaul of the police agency and the way it trains officers. Others warned that inaction is dangerous, referring to riots over the shooting last week in downtown Oakland, where hundreds of car windows and storefronts were smashed.

. . . .

More at link.

Later in the story they say no arrest could occur while the investigation was ongoing, what bullshit. If the trigger man had been a civilian, he would have been arrested on the train platform.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:05 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Crooked cops are very concerned about the fact that sometimes their actions are caught on film these days.

There are a LOT of bad cops which makes it much harder to be a good cop.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:17 am 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

Purple Tang wrote:
Crooked cops are very concerned about the fact that sometimes their actions are caught on film these days.

There are a LOT of bad cops which makes it much harder to be a good cop.
Did you know that if your IQ is too high, you can't become a cop ?

It's true, there was a case in New York where I guy sued the City and lost.They said his IQ was too high. :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:36 pm 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

He's been arrested.

Heres the link

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:27 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I've nothing against cops as long as they aren't bad.