It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:24 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Should Obamarama thank the Bushbarians
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:36 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

for handing his administration the ultimate trump card?

All they need for dictatotship/martial law is a significant 'event' whether that be real or staged.

All of us were horrified thinking the Bushbarins would never leave. But leave they did. However they did leave a gift for Obama. The ability to declare martial law with the stroke of a pen.

The rise of the imperial presidency started with Nixon of course. The Bushbarians may not have been the architect but they certainly were the project managers and salespeople.

Another thought here. Is Obama being clever by tossing so many bones to the military? If psh comes to shove, the military usually wins all brawls. Something to be said for tossing them bones I suppose.

And should the security for Biden and House Speaker be increased now that Hillary is the Sec of State? LOL

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject: Re: Should Obamarama thank the Bushbarians
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:49 pm 

Purple Tang wrote:
Another thought here. Is Obama being clever by tossing so many bones to the military? If push comes to shove, the military usually wins all brawls. Something to be said for tossing them bones I suppose.

After the mistreatment they received the last eight years, anything would seem like a kindness. At the start of Clinton's term he signed "don't ask, don't tell," and never fully recovered his standing or relationship with the military. The keeping of Gates but replacing all the levels below him seems in hindsight to have been sheer genius.

Purple Tang wrote:
. . . And should the security for Biden and House Speaker be increased now that Hillary is the Sec of State? LOL

Who is President Pro Tem of the Senate? The line of succession goes there before the cabinet.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject: Re: Should Obamarama thank the Bushbarians
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:01 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Pelosi

Given a choice between Biden, Clinton, and Pelosi...I might start cleaning my guns. lol....j/k

I still like to think we mght have a chance with Obama. He has a golden opportunity. Much like I do of getting a straight flush.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson