It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:54 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Hubble Space Telescope takes the most important picture
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:34 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

http://www.wimp.com/hubblespace/

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject: Re: The Hubble Space Telescope takes the most important picture
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:17 am 

THANK YOU CE!!!

I often wonder how the Intelligent Design folks who say everything is only about 6,000 years old can ignore plain scientific fact such as this. Intelligent Design and Creationism are two sides of the same wooden nickel, based on superstition with no basis in science whatsoever.

Listen up Ben Stein: If there is a God, he is reserving a very special place in Hell for you and your kind. Stein's latest video release is a piece of garbage called "No Intelligence Allowed." It bemoans the fact that scientists and academics won't allow ID to be taught in science classes. It is allowed in Philosophy and Religion classes however. He asserts this 'lack of academic freedom' is political correctness running amok. Science is NOT a left wing conspiracy but an attempt at finding fact and truth, something we know you right-wing wackos would rather ignore.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:53 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Because they would then have to admit that their vaunted book is wrong which would put a lie to all the govermental religious institutions (church).

I tend to look at things like this and it serves to increase my sense of awe and wonder about....well, about everything. Really makes me think. They would prefer to ignore this.

I saw a video one time that was talking about repeating patterens within nature. The most amazing picture was a picture of what scientists believe the structure of the universe looks like and the structure of a human brain cell. They were nearly identical.

If you are interested I'll see if I can dig it up. May take awhile though. Unfortunatly I had to reformat my computer the other day...lost everything:(.

Anyway, glad you like it.

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:56 pm 

CrimsonEagle wrote:
. . .
I saw a video one time that was talking about repeating patterens within nature. The most amazing picture was a picture of what scientists believe the structure of the universe looks like and the structure of a human brain cell. They were nearly identical.
. . . .

I belong to a minority school of thought—Evolutionary Theist, a full supporter of Evolution that also beliefs in a Higher Power or God. (As an aside, Darwin himself belonged to this group.) Unlike the Fundamentalist ID crowd that look at nature to justify forgone conclusions based on their interpretation of a highly contradictory and superstition filled book, I see harmony and design from the microscopic to the macroscopic. It is my belief that giving a Higher Power credit for having set the universe in motion with this design in mind, gives that God a higher degree of respect and awe than shoehorning the human written Bible's point of view. That being said, it is a belief and thought system that has no place in a science classroom or laboratory, it is the prevue of Philosophy and Religion. The Fundies are spending their time attacking the religious beliefs or non-beliefs of scientists instead of learning basic science. It is also my belief that any rational God will in the end hold these ignoramuses accountable for not using the intellect God gave them, holding a special space in Hell for them along side the War Chimp, Hitler, Cheney, etc.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject: Re: The Hubble Space Telescope takes the most important pict
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:03 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

A Proud Liberal wrote:
CrimsonEagle wrote:
. . .
. . . .

I belong to a minority school of thought—Evolutionary Theist, a full supporter of Evolution that also beliefs in a Higher Power or God. (As an aside, Darwin himself belonged to this group.) Unlike the Fundamentalist ID crowd that look at nature to justify forgone conclusions based on their interpretation of a highly contradictory and superstition filled book, I see harmony and design from the microscopic to the macroscopic. It is my belief that giving a Higher Power credit for having set the universe in motion with this design in mind, gives that God a higher degree of respect and awe than shoehorning the human written Bible's point of view. That being said, it is a belief and thought system that has no place in a science classroom or laboratory, it is the prevue of Philosophy and Religion. The Fundies are spending their time attacking the religious beliefs or non-beliefs of scientists instead of learning basic science. It is also my belief that any rational God will in the end hold these ignoramuses accountable for not using the intellect God gave them, holding a special space in Hell for them along side the War Chimp, Hitler, Cheney, etc.

I cannot possible understand, how mankind can carve out a scenerio, where the earth is only a few thousand years old.

How a "spiritual awakening," could every take a "back seat" to ANY, organized religion.

The creation of the earth and universe, is God's blueprint, and God's alone. (just as any kind of a "higher power" does, when making their presence "carved" in one's life)

It makes me sad and angry, all at the same time, how ANY asswipe, can play "prosecuting attorney" to this!!

I'd love to see the day, just like one of my electronic's teachers use to say, "It is a given." Only this time, have a biblical, or other verse, stating that there's just some shit, that God wants you to see, if ya'd just, "take your head out of your bowels," long enough to see his/her/it's artwork/glory!! :bounce: :D :bounce:

I dunno, the "book of awakenings" perhaps?

LOGIC ONE, VERSE ONE? :roll: :roll: :roll:

...perhaps a good place to start anyway