It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:33 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Election of the Greatest Con-Man in Recent History
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:49 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
The Two Faces of Obama

Like the Janus face found on the coins of the early Roman Republic, Obama and his intimate cronies cynically joked about ‘which is the real face of Barack’, conscious of the con-job they were perpetrating during the campaign. In reality, there is only one face - a very committed, very consequential and very up front Obama, who demonstrated in every single one of his appointments the face of an empire builder.

Obama is an open militarist, intent by every means possible to re-construct a tattered US empire. The President-Elect is an unabashed Wall Street Firster – one who has placed the recuperation of the biggest banks and investment houses as his highest priority. Obama’s nominees for all the top economic positions (Treasury, Chief White House economic advisers) are eminently qualified, (with long-term service to the financial oligarchy), to pursue Obama’s pro-Wall Street agenda. There is not a single member of his economic team, down to the lowest level of appointees, who represents or has defended the interests of the wage or salaried classes (or for that matter the large and small manufacturers from the devastated ‘productive’ industrial economy).

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=11315

I chose this quote because this is what it is about for both partys. The little games they play on the home front only serve to keep the respective followers cheering their respetive partys useless bullshit while the empire carries on.

The problem is that the empire has reached the end of the road. It has become so saturated with debt that it can no longer sustain.

There is NO WAY OUT of the situation we are in without this core problem(s) being addressed. Problem is that they will not be addressed.

Right now they are attempting to re-inflate this bubble. http://money.cnn.com/quote/chart/chart.html?symb=djia&sid=1643&time=all&Submit1=Refresh

How are they attempting to do this? No, no, not by addressing the real issues. They are attempting to do this by increasing the debt which has already surpassed sustainable levels by bailing out those who should by rights be in jail and creating a stimulus package which produces very little.

Anyway, I dont feel like getting into it much anymore. The empire is ending just like and for the same reasons that all empires have failed. It is going to get ugly. It is not the fault of any one president per say. It is the fault of this system which we allowed in our midsts. The people in this country were so happy to live off the blood of the empire because it was to their gain just as they are still willing to support the empire because they want once again that which was never rightfully theirs.

Could the path have been different? I'm not so sure anymore. I have come to honestly believe that life is a school. The path that we are on is the exact path which is needed in order for us to learn the lessons set before us. By not learning our lessons from the past we will just continue to commit the atrocitys that we do.

The difference in this lesson is that it may be our last.

Dave.

Quote:
"Of all the enemies to public liberty war is, perhaps, the most to be dreaded because it comprises and develops the germ of every other. War is the parent of armies; from these proceed debts and taxes. And armies, and debts, and taxes are the known instruments for bringing the many under the domination of the few. In war, too, the discretionary power of the Executive is extended. Its influence in dealing out offices, honors, and emoluments is multiplied; and all the means of seducing the minds, are added to those of subduing the force of the people. The same malignant aspect in republicanism may be traced in the inequality of fortunes, and the opportunities of fraud, growing out of a state of war . . . and in the degeneracy of manners and morals, engendered by both. No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare."

James Madison, April 20, 1795

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject: Re: The Election of the Greatest Con-Man in Recent History
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:20 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Interesting post, CE.

Quote:
How are they attempting to do this? No, no, not by addressing the real issues. They are attempting to do this by increasing the debt which has already surpassed sustainable levels by bailing out those who should by rights be in jail and creating a stimulus package which produces very little.

Do you think the people who have been running the companies should be fired and the companies allowed to start all over again with a new slate of people from the top down? Who should monitor the attempts to start over? What criteria should this revamping follow? Who should go to jail? Should he or she be tried in a court in front of a jury of their peers? What should be the sentence for those who are found guilty? Once trials are held and sentencing has been handed down, how will things change for the average working American? Will he or she get their jobs back or be paid to retrain for another one?

Just wondering....

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:51 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Interesting indeed.

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:48 am 

Don't you have ideas to answer the questions Catherine posed? Being critical of things doesn't require you to have ideas to fix things, but it sure makes the criticism more credible and easier to swallow.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:56 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

lefty wrote:
Don't you have ideas to answer the questions Catherine posed? Being critical of things doesn't require you to have ideas to fix things, but it sure makes the criticism more credible and easier to swallow.

Catherine wrote:
Interesting post, CE.

Quote:

Do you think the people who have been running the companies should be fired and the companies allowed to start all over again with a new slate of people from the top down? Who should monitor the attempts to start over? What criteria should this revamping follow? Who should go to jail? Should he or she be tried in a court in front of a jury of their peers? What should be the sentence for those who are found guilty? Once trials are held and sentencing has been handed down, how will things change for the average working American? Will he or she get their jobs back or be paid to retrain for another one?

Just wondering....

As I read through my OP, I look and I see the word empire written a few times. I even added a quote at the end which was a statement about the dangers of war (which is perpetual in empire I might add).

Yet, instead of addressing the main gist of my post, Catherine quoted one small part and then in a defensive reactionary manner posted questions which I do not think pertain. Now, I wonder, what companies did Catherine think I was talking about?

Lets start from the beginning. I am against the empire. I am against the perpetual wars, the perpetual killing, the perpetual maimings, and the perpetual destruction done by and supported by this country. I am against the constant support of dictatorships, I am against our intervention in foreign nations which remove democratically elected leaders in order to replace them with dictators who as long as they remain compliant to the empire they can do to their people as they please.

I could go on here, but I will stop.

By ending our empirical goals, this nation could save trillions upon trillion. This is something that should be obvious. Not only does the empire waste material, lives, destroys nature, it also breed's hate, thus it is a never ending cycle ensuring that this world can never be safe.

At this point, as I stated in my op, the empire is saturated with debt. Without this issue being addressed, there is no chance of stability.

The money saved could be used for many things (after the debt is erased), such as instead of the suppression of energy clean technological advancements the expansion of. (Many things for the betterment of this country and mankind in general could be added here. Take your pick).

Ending the Federal Reserve and returning the power to coin money back to the governments hands and out of the private bankers hands. There are so many warnings against the allowance of private monied interest controlling the supply of money they are just too many to list.

JFK, the only true leader that this country has had in this century, realized the control and manipulation that was being done at the hands of the private bankers. In order to counter this, he began the return to the constitutional mandate of coining money through the treasury department with the backing of gold and silver. Furthermore, I believe that he was going to blow the lid on the global conspiracy being sought out by these said bankers among others of the ruling elite. Thus his speech 10 days before his assassination. Unfortunately, he was never able to clarify and explain his warning. Those who desire world domination could not allow their plans to be foiled so they assassinated him. Also of note is that shortly after the coining of money with the backing of gold and silver was stopped.

Go back and listen to his speech. To many can not seem to wrap their minds around this. GLOBAL CONSPIRACY. Then ask yourselves, who is powerful enough and deceptive enough to pull off a global conspiracy?

Anyhow, with the removal of the Federal Reserve, Trillions more could be saved because the government would not have to pay interest to itself, thus it would have a chance at paying down the debt. Even more important however is that it would remove the power from the hands of the PRIVATE BANKERS.

And now onto Catherines questions.

I am not sure what company's you think I was talking about since this was never mentioned. Those who should be in jail are the bankers who have stolen and pilfered trillions of dollars away from the people not only of this country, but of the world. The people who have willingly and willfully manipulated us into our current situation. The people who became rich beyond all comprehension by the out and out usury of the people. The people who even while begging for money were still and are still languishing in the lap of luxury. The people who will really lose NOTHING as we the people are further saddled with a back breaking debt.

How many people realize that there was a heck of a lot more money pumped into this corrupt banking system than is officially stated. If I remember correctly, (I would have to look it up), I think that we are somewhere around 9 or 10 TRILLION dollars. How many more trillion are we willing to throw into this black whole to save the empire?

The stimulus package they are putting forth is like putting a Band-Aid onto a slit jugular artery.

The system has to be restructured, and it begins with ending the empire, dismantling the MIC and removing the power from the private bankers.

Understand something. The Empire is coming to an end whether we like it or not. We can either recognize this and attempt to willingly retreat from empire doing some basic restructuring or we can fight the inevitable making our ultimate demise and suffering worse by manyfold.

From what I see, they are choosing the latter. So be it. It is what it is.

Dave

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:42 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

CrimsonEagle wrote:

Right now they are attempting to re-inflate this bubble. http://money.cnn.com/quote/chart/chart.html?symb=djia&sid=1643&time=all&Submit1=Refresh

I'm not stupid.

Quote:
It appears that the plan today is not to regulate the amount of debt that banks can create, but instead to both print more money and do everything possible to reinflate the debt bubble. (Lacking a return to Hamilton's national manufacturing and trade policy, as a nation we just continue to slip deeper and deeper into Third World status as an importer and debtor -- this may be our only choice if we don't wake up soon.)

If followed, the Summers/Geithner policy can have only one of two outcomes: inflation or another, more serious crash. It's possible we could have both. Apparently the bankers and Summers/Geithner's hope is that neither or both don't happen for at least three and a half years...

http://www.alternet.org/workplace/136835/geithner_and_summers_want_more_debt_bubbles%3A_the_result_could_be_catastrophic_/?page=entire