It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:17 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What's the deal? Delusion abounds...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:26 am 

Ok, I know this has been mentioned in various other threads and is pretty obvious even if we haven't just talked about it, but what the hell is going on with all of the republican amnesia and rewriting history shit? I mean, seriously. How come they are all the sudden up in arms about spending? What about that whole first bailout thing that was passed before the election? Ya, I think that republicans voted for that en mass, right? Did they all shit their pants and run to Limbaugh for help when Bush created a whole entire new bureaucracy called "homeland security"? Wonder how many new jobs that created (creating salaries, thus growing the federal government)? How come its ok to give bankers billions of dollars, but the second its proposed that little people might get a few bucks or a tiny bit of help they all balk?

What other hypocrisies have you noticed? Do you really think the general population believes them? Considering how many people voted for Obama (and those who didn't but now claim they did), do you really think this is being believed? To me it seems desperate and contrived, do you think that's how its viewed on a whole? What do you think the general opinion of all this crap is?

Post subject: Re: What's the deal? Delusion abounds...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:10 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Repubs are continuing with their tried and true modus operandi....FEAR. MAKE THE PEOPLE FEAR WHAT THEY DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND! They're still talking to the "great unwashed," meaning in this case those who get their thoughts programmed into them each day and night by Limballs, Hannity, and all the other rightwing talk mouthpieces....I just saw a report at HUFFPOST that Faux Noise ratings soared following Obama's speech to Congress.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/03/0 ... 71455.html

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:36 am 

this is why i'm so concerned.

now that we've won the election we need to keep up dirty work of keeping the heat on the repugs.

folks listen to me please.......................the past few days have revealed without a doubt who the top power broker in the grand ole pedophiles party is..........RUSH LIMPBALLS.

it's been proven over and over and over. if you've been paying attention since obama was sworn in you seen on several occasions how repugs have said something like mike steele did the other day only to be ripped a new asshole by limpballs on the radio the next day. steele then came and got down on his knees and figuratively bowed down to the socalled mighty limpballs in an apology.

we have a severe culture war still on our hands. we still need to remain in the trenches here on the net but elsewhere in our daily lives to speak out against the rightwing machine.

the gloves are still off and we can't rest on our laurels.

now that we have the repugs down we need to keep the heat on and continue to hammer, kick, stomp, pound and whatever else it takes to beat these assholes into the gutter where they belong.

we need to realize just how vicious they truely are and when we do, take the action that's neccessary to expose them for what they are.

this battle aint over yet.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:01 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:06 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

You are so right Rooster-----------
I got into it with a die hard staunch Republican cousin of mine.
My comments upset her so much (TRUTHS) she appealed to her daughter to answer me.(daughter taught well)
Daughter also got an ass kicking. She said the main reason she voted against Obama was because he was pro-choice
and willing to kill unborn babies.
I suggested she was correct, but unlike BUSH-HOG who believed it was okay to kill men - women and children by the thousands who has had a taste of life but unable to live any longer because of his lies. Who also was so chicken shit about serving his time to defend our country. But continue to support and defend the stupid yellow belly coward but how can you truly justify your actions? She was asked - are you pro-life or pro-death? She also supported torture.
Oh well - I can kiss this cousin good bye and they are lucky I did not kick their ass also.
My daughter also told her that if she chose to have an abortion it was none of hers or the Governments business that it was a personal issue to be between herself and God and no one else's business.
Have not received any answers - another chicken shit Repukes opinion.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:54 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Daughter also got an ass kicking. She said the main reason she voted against Obama was because he was pro-choice
and willing to kill unborn babies.
I suggested she was correct, but unlike BUSH-HOG who believed it was okay to kill men - women and children by the thousands who has had a taste of life but unable to live any longer because of his lies. Who also was so chicken shit about serving his time to defend our country. But continue to support and defend the stupid yellow belly coward but how can you truly justify your actions? She was asked - are you pro-life or pro-death? She also supported torture.
Oh well - I can kiss this cousin good bye and they are lucky I did not kick their ass also.
My daughter also told her that if she chose to have an abortion it was none of hers or the Governments business that it was a personal issue to be between herself and God and no one else's business.
Have not received any answers - another chicken shit Repukes opinion.

YOU GO, DEEANN! WOW! :bom: GIVE'UM HELL....AND RIGHTLY SO! Your relatives are like some of mine.... worshipers at the SHRINE OF RUSH. Of course, mine didn't like Obama's being a "NEGRA." :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: By the way, tell your daughter that we miss her and to please come back anytime.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Sadie - for Cat
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:09 am 
Hear Me Roar!

Andi has just about completed her degree and will probably be returning pretty soon.
It's been a killer for her but she's a strong lady.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:34 am 

i'm currently baiting a good freind/coworker of mine on the job.

in our tool room one of my buddies has the radio on every day tuned to limpballs so we can make fun of what he says and basically rip it and him apart.

when our repug buddie comes in i usually start the comments at playful betwween the lines humorous jabs at the repugs or limpballs. he usually doesn't say to much at 1st but yesterday he decided it was maybe safe enough to mix it up a little.

i remained calm and cool as usual and began by asking him questions. when you start to ask them questions that's when you begin to get under thier skin. after about 5 minutes of my other dem buddy but mostly me hammering him he was beginning to lose his composure and made a quick exit from the tool room.

we also have a lot of cool lookin pro dem posters that i copied from the poac website that i printed off and took in to decorate the tool room. we people walk into this room they know they're walking into the anti gop spin room. if they start anything they usually end up leaving with thier tail between thier legs.

and this is what it takes............we are the front lines in this culture war. currently we have the numbers on our side and we've won the last 2 major elections. but the lesson we need to remember is that we can't EVER let up like we did during the 90s with clinton and expect to maintain the upperhand. he have to absolutely keep on hammerin and kickin these assholes while they're down in the gutter where they belong. all of us working together can beat the limpballs machine into oblivion.

don't let up!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:24 am 

I can see the point of trying to get people to trip up as they spew their ideology around, especially if they spew it. But the harder part comes on deciding whether to mess with people who don't really spew anything, but may have ideas I don't agree with. Do you confront a person who's never mentioned politics to you at all? Whom you have never seen nor heard trying to convert someone else to the dark side? Whom the only reason you know they're republican/conservative is just a hunch because of their overall demeanor and lifestyle? For example, I used to work with this woman who was honestly one of the best people I've ever known. She never asked anything of anyone, never complained when everyone else would dump their work on her...on an on. I mean, I worked next to her for 3 years and never even saw her mad, and I don't think it was a front or anything, she was just genuinely a "turn the other cheek" type of woman. BUT she was also clearly conservative. This was around the 2004 election and she wanted Bush to win again to "get the terrorists". She thought that Catholics weren't Christians, because that's what "her preacher said". She wasn't dumb by any stretch of the imagination, but she just believed what she was "supposed" to believe, especially what her preacher said. Me being me, I would push and prod and try to open her world view, but I could never be aggressive about it because she was such a good person. So I struggle with this.

So, even though I KNOW that I am right; I KNOW that the ideals I hold are the good and right ones, its it alright to just accost people with them? Especially when they are not hurting me. At least no more than their vote hurts me. These are good and decent people who just happen to have absorbed different things from the environment than I did.

I pretty much alienate myself quickly within groups of any kind because I am clearly NOT a southern christian conservative gun-toting freak. I will get into a heated debate quickly if I think someone's even in the least bit capable of changing their opinions OR if they are extremely arrogant and spout stuff off in front of me that cannot go unopposed. But other than this, should I just confront every person I walk up to? Because I'd say at least 9 out of 10 people I run into are hard core, Rush Limbaugh believing conservatives. But most of them never mention it at all.

So, what do I do?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:57 pm 

My grandmother used to say the road to Hell is paved with good intentions. Slavery existed and still exists because self-interest generally trumps altruism. Twenty years after the fall of Communism, it looks like Capitalism and Empire might be following suit. You can't change a true believer's mind. The only way to impress someone like your co-worker is by example; be vocal AND active. I see it at my son's high school—when the call goes out for help, it comes from those struggling themselves NOT from those that want the school to be a "college prep."

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote