It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:41 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Good place to buy gold or gold stock these days?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:57 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I am down to one very, very well worn coin. I'd like to have two in case stuff gets real bad.

Or a little gold stock.

While I can't afford either right now, I could sell some stuff and raise some cash. I have an old boat and jeep I could sell. If I ever get the jeep running that is.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject: Re: Good place to buy gold or gold stock these days?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:29 am 
Hear Me Roar!

PT - if you have cash to invest in any kind of stock - go with solar and wind energy. Much better than gold or silver.
As far as our oil goes - it's much worse than we are being told.
The oil barons (Bush - Blair - Brown - Duke) do not want the public to know just how severe our oil situation really is.
Follow the gas prices and you'll see what I'm saying is true. Also the grapevine says they want to start charging taxes on the number of miles car owners travel. Like rationing gas, just under another title.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:52 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Even my aunt knew they were priming the pumps for a massive carbon tax when gas prices were artificially lowered so much.

They already charge a lot of tax on miles driven. It is the very high tax we pay on fuel purchases.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:15 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I was told by a relative about a 3 bedroom, 2 bath house, with attached garage, located in a good neighborhood in Atlanta, GA that had gone into foreclosure. The person telling me about it had made an offer of $70,000 on the house. She was very hopeful the bank was going to accept her offer. This same house would have sold for at least $350,000 a couple of years ago.

Deeann's investment suggestion is a good one, but if anyone has a good bit of extra cash lying around, they'd be wise to invest in real estate. The housing market will come back, but one has to be able to wait it out. I'm afraid I'm not among those who have extra cash lying around, though! :lol:

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:51 am 

Purple Tang wrote:
Even my aunt knew they were priming the pumps for a massive carbon tax when gas prices were artificially lowered so much.

They already charge a lot of tax on miles driven. It is the very high tax we pay on fuel purchases.

There was a time when this was the country's most reasonable and fair tax. Fuel tax revenues were restricted to road construction and maintenance. The more one used the roads, the more you paid for them. It was when these funds were diverted to the general fund that all reason went out the window. Much can be said about Social Security funds in a similar vein.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:34 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Some of you seem to misunderstand. I am not trying to increase my long term net worth via shrewd investing. I am thinking about survival due to having equity in something that maintains value in a crisis.

I am half expecting crisis and gold or gold stock maintains its value in a crisis.

I had a couple gold coins. I am down to one.