It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:03 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Amazon. Com...What Can I say?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:49 pm 

Just a gripe about Amazon ordering systems here. The track and track rollers on our bi-fold doors at the washer and dryer room went to it's grave in mid February. After a number of trips to Lowe's, Home Depot, and Ace Hardware to find matching hardware, which no one seems to carry anymore. They want to sell you complete new doors set... with hardware included. Why would I want four new doors when the four are very good...when I only need the track and rollers. We must be in a "throw away society."

So, comes in play the Internet to search for these needed items. Amazon. com has just what I need and at a fair price to make the job complete. That was on March 1, 2009 when I placed my order for the #1700606H Bi-Fold hardware door set. It seems Amazon doesn't have these in their warehouse, but they will be shipped from H & B Outlet...somewhere in America I would guess. Amazon sent e-mail the item would arrive on March 6th. On March 9th nothing shows. Sent e-mail to Amazon to check on shipping. They replied that H & B Outlet hasn't notified them(Amazon) they have received or shipped the order. Mean time, my American Express card shows they can charge the card faster than a speeding bullet. Of all things Amazon ask me to contact H &B to see if and when they would ship my order. After three e-mails with H & B, they tell me the item is on back order and will be at least two weeks before they can ship. The H & B e-mail was sent today at 4:15 p.m. At 6:25 p.m I received e-mail from UPS of the tracking number, and UPS had picked up the item at 4:45 p.m. and would arrive March 16th. So much for communications. No wonder this country is in such a bad economy and distress.
This proves we may be headed back to the stone age life cycle.

Post subject: Re: Amazon. Com...What Can I say?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:07 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm amazed that Amazon is selling these items, but then I only use Amazon for books and/or dvds. Eye opener, to be sure..thanks for the info, and good luck with the repair.

Check out this site: http://www.my3cents.com/

This LINK targets Amazon.

There you can report your consumer experience to anyone who wants to read it.
:D

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Re: Amazon. Com...What Can I say?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:16 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Amazon tells tons of stuff. I trust the vendors there more than the Ebay crowd. But the Ebay feedback system does tend to keep shippers on their toes.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson