It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:14 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Impressed
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:49 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

This is probably the first real news show that I have seen in my time on this planet. What John Stewart has said here does not only apply to CNBC in regards to inept and apparent inept news reporting but to all the so called news stations out there.

There still was some lies that I noticed Cramer got away with but all in all Stewart ripped him a new one. Bravo.

If you didn't have a chance to watch it, watch it now. A so called comedy show is the only group of people who have enough balls to speak the truth. It is poetry in motion.

http://blog.indecisionforever.com/2009/03/13/jon-stewart-and-jim-cramer-the-extended-daily-show-interview/

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject: Re: Impressed
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:13 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Stewart is becoming an interent super star. Seems the net crowd is the only one that lauds honesty, courage, and insightfulness any more.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:12 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

This is a bit of interesting news....

Report: MSNBC ‘in discussions’ with Ed Schultz for ‘full-time’ job.

Quote:
The New York Observer reports that “MSNBC president Phil Griffin is in discussions with syndicated talk radio host Ed Schultz about possibly joining the network on a full-time basis.” The Observer says it is “unclear what exactly the job would entail” if they reach an agreement, but notes that it has been speculated that Schultz is being considered as a possible host of his own show:

When reached by phone on Friday morning, Mr. Schultz also denied that Mr. Griffin had made him an offer. He said that he had received some kind words from MSNBC management on the heels of his guest-hosting gigs. But, according to Mr. Schultz, MSNBC brass has given him no definite word yet about his future—if he has one—at the cable news network.

Speculation about Mr. Schultz’s future role at MSNBC has focused on two time slots: the 6 p.m. hour (currently anchored by David Shuster) and the 10 p.m. hour (which currently features a repeat of Countdown with Keith Olbermann).

Schultz recently guest-hosted Shuster’s show, which set off chatter that MSNBC was potentially “grooming” him for a hosting gig.

MSNBC would do well to get rid of Joe Scarborough. He needs to go to Faux. I wonder what it would take for Jon Stewart to leave Comedy Central.....and go after Holy Joe's job.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:19 am 

Catherine wrote:
MSNBC would do well to get rid of Joe Scarborough. He needs to go to Faux. I wonder what it would take for Jon Stewart to leave Comedy Central.....and go after Holy Joe's job.

I think Comedy Central would do everything in their power to keep the first punch of their one-two punch, Stewart and Colbert. I also think that as comedians, they are able to get away things that they never could as "serious" journalists. Satirists have long history of political influence, Voltaire comes to mind.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:00 am 

Ideally, I would like to think that neither Stewart nor Colbert would leave Comedy Central. Why leave the perfect situation? CC believed in them and has continued to support them for years (Stewart for over 10), why jump to another network just because they are fashionable right now, sooner or later, they will become marginal again (I mean at least in national popularity) and then what? I don't want to lose the shows, plus, I am sure being on CC gives them both a measure of freedom they wouldn't receive on other "serious" (hahahaha) networks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I like CE's title for this thread! :D Since we're talking about being "impressed," I'm very much impressed with this report:

NPR IS BOOMING!

Since the year 2000, National Public Radio has increased its audience by 47 percent, with an 8.7 percent jump in the last year alone. That might have something to do with the collapse of the news media over the same period. While newspapers try to compete with Craigslist, NPR has acquired more foreign bureaus—and a bigger morning audience—than the major network news divisions.

“Morning Edition” beats “Good Morning America” by 60 percent.

But it’s not all good news for public radio. NPR and member stations around the country have had to cut staff, even as more listeners than ever tune in.

Washington Post:

At a time when newspapers, magazines and TV news continue to lose readers and viewers, at least one part of the traditional media has continued to grow robustly: National Public Radio.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:02 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Good for NPR!!! I like to listen to them in the morning on my way into work because the "music" station I listen to has a moron talk show from 6 to 10. Way home I like music though.

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:41 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Looks like Shultz has landed the MSNBC job....

ED SHULTZ TO BE 6 PM MSNBC HOST

The #1 story on Countdown was Keith Olbermann introducing Ed Schultz as the new host of "The Ed Show" on MNSBC weeknights at 6PM ET.

Olbermann joked that the qualifications for MSNBC hosts are being "an ex-sportscaster born on the 27th of January" (the two share a birthday), and then introduced his new colleague, who was sitting on set with him.

Schultz's show premieres next Monday. David Shuster will be an afternoon anchor, co-hosting 3-5PM ET with Tamron Hall. Norah O'Donnell will move to an as-yet unannounced hour in the morning.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:25 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

OK..IS THIS IMPRESSIVE OR NOT? :P UNFORTUNATELY, IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A JOKE BUT.....

12 Wild Misconceptions Held By Fox News Viewers

A recent study showed that Fox News viewers are the most uninformed of all news consumers. Here are the most common misconceptions held by fans of Fox News:

1) Electric cars explode with the force of a dying neutron star at the moment they hit 25 miles per hour.

2) John Stossel once decapitated a terrorist on an international flight using only his mustache.

3) The new health care bill requires that you give 3 of your least favorite organs to homeless gay men whether you're currently using the organs or not.

MORE AT THE LINK

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:36 am 
Hear Me Roar!

Catherine wrote:
OK..IS THIS IMPRESSIVE OR NOT? :P UNFORTUNATELY, IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A JOKE BUT.....

12 Wild Misconceptions Held By Fox News Viewers

A recent study showed that Fox News viewers are the most uninformed of all news consumers. Here are the most common misconceptions held by fans of Fox News:

1) Electric cars explode with the force of a dying neutron star at the moment they hit 25 miles per hour.

2) John Stossel once decapitated a terrorist on an international flight using only his mustache.

3) The new health care bill requires that you give 3 of your least favorite organs to homeless gay men whether you're currently using the organs or not.

MORE AT THE LINK

And to think that my little Festiva, only puts out 64 horsepower.

...far more, than the "mental horsepower," being torqued out by Faux News.

(and the far more unfortunate ones, who believe their line of b.s.)

Entertaining!! :bounce:

Thanks Catherine!! :D