It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:59 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ARIANNA: WHAT IF JON STEWART INTERVIEWED DICK CHENEY?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:04 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

LOL! I'D LOVE TO SEE DICK CHENEY INTERVIEWED BY JON STEWART!

What If Jon Stewart, Instead of John King, Interviewed Dick Cheney?

BY ARIANNA HUFFINGTON

Jon Stewart's Jim Cramer interview was a pivotal moment -- not just for Stewart, Cramer, and CNBC but also for journalism. It was a bracing reminder of what great research and a journalist more committed to getting to the truth than to landing the big get -- and keeping the big get happy, and ensuring future big gets -- can accomplish.

Stewart kept popping into my head as I watched John King interview Dick Cheney on Sunday. Each time King let Cheney get away with spouting gross inaccuracies and revisionist history, I kept thinking how different things would have been had Stewart been asking the questions. Stewart without the comedy and without the outrage -- just armed with the facts and the willingness to ask tough questions.

MORE AT THE LINK

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Re: ARIANNA: WHAT IF JON STEWART INTERVIEWED DICK CHENEY?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:56 pm 

I sat watching Stewart's Cramer interview yelling and cheering. It was the most amazing piece of interviewing I've ever seen. I love that Jon didn't back down one single step. I love that he was angry and tired of the lies. Yea, I love Jon Stewart really, I think my hubby's a bit jealous. Hehehehe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:37 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Stewart is now an internet superman.

Do Jews run the world?

So much of the bad stuff is being done by them

So much of the best fighting of the evil is also being done by them.

Thank God they aren't all on the same page.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:22 am 

Yeah, I do think Jon Stewart is a great person. I don't care if he worships the Smurfs and is a descendant of Gargamel; he does real reporting on a comedy show. And I don't think their are some deceptive ulterior motives here at play. I've been watching him since about 2002-2003 and he's always been funny and smart, and the scarier our government has become, the more he has stood out as being one of a very few to say anything about it. I know 1984 references are so cliche, so I won't make one, instead, I'll reference Stephen King's "The Stand". There comes a part in this post-apocryphal world where only a few people are still healthy, but the government is still desirous of remaining in "control". A Deejay makes it to work and uses the program to pose some questions about what is going on...and of course, the military comes in and executes him. The highest ranking person just kills him. That's where we are today, regardless of who our president is. I'm GLAD that someone will stand up. But there is also another little lesson in "The Stand" reference. After this high ranking officer killed the Deejay, the rest of the soldiers, in unison, turned on him and killed him. I'm sure you know why. It takes a great act and a lot of horrible ones to get people to recognize that maybe they are following the wrong person.

So, who cares if he's Jewish? He's willing to perform a great act. I don't see very many other people doing that so much lately.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:04 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
he does real reporting on a comedy show.

...AND THE SO-CALLED "REPORTERS" ON THE "NEWS CHANNELS" REPORT COMEDY MUCH MORE OFTEN THAN THEY REPORT ANYTHING ELSE.

On Stewart being Jewish, it doesn't bother me one whit. As Stanley Frank Ross said, "If it weren't for the Japanese and the Germans, we wouldn't have any good war movies."

I could be wrong, but I think the owner of this discussion board may have some Jewish blood in him. :wink:

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:18 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Catherine wrote:
Quote:
he does real reporting on a comedy show.

...AND THE SO-CALLED "REPORTERS" ON THE "NEWS CHANNELS" REPORT COMEDY MUCH MORE OFTEN THAN THEY REPORT ANYTHING ELSE.

On Stewart being Jewish, it doesn't bother me one whit. As Stanley Frank Ross said, "If it weren't for the Japanese and the Germans, we wouldn't have any good war movies."

I could be wrong, but I think the owner of this discussion board may have some Jewish blood in him. :wink:

Stewart being Jewish is actually endearing because he is so often fighting...other Jews.

Which means his allegiance is to the human race over other Jews. Refreshing.

Some Jews care more about right and wrong and really don't care if someone is Jewish. I think Stewart is one of those.

I have a Jewish friend who also seems to be this way. But I tease him for maybe being Mossad. He asked me to spell my name after I said it is just like the 2nd President....John Adams. That is a bit odd?

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:40 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index ... g-congress

Amazing how the best work is being done by Rolling Stone, a comedian, and two congressmen who the corporate media either marginalize or largely ignore.