It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:55 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Doing without internet?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:21 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I'm strongly considering getting rid of my net connection for a large number of reasons. That was not an option when I advertised for wedding photography.

A few reasons:
Hackers are allowed to fearlessly run wild. Do they *ever* get prosecuted?
Microsoft and several gov agencies clearly feel that they own my computer.
Summer is almost here. Jeep is finally fixed.
Keep buying cheap crap on ebay.
Cost

Have you done without an internet connection in the past several years? How was it?

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject: Re: Doing without internet?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:38 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

But...but....but....how will we be able to know what's going on with you? :shock: Besides, you're needed here...I know the pay is awful, but your friends are here, and that ought to count for something. AND you know you can't get your news just from the msm...you've got to be able to check out different sources via the net.

I've been without internet service for a few days when the power was out....wasn't easy....but it can be done...not comfortably, though

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:39 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Purple Tang wrote:
I'm strongly considering getting rid of my net connection for a large number of reasons. That was not an option when I advertised for wedding photography.

A few reasons:
Hackers are allowed to fearlessly run wild. Do they *ever* get prosecuted?
Microsoft and several gov agencies clearly feel that they own my computer.
Summer is almost here. Jeep is finally fixed.
Keep buying cheap crap on ebay.
Cost

Have you done without an internet connection in the past several years? How was it?

Your reaction is going to depend on your mindset.

If you are anything like me, this is what you can expect.

First day or two, it will not bother you too much. Depending on what you have going on, (if you are busy), you will find yourself not thinking too much about it. At night or during down times however, you will find yourself wondering what is going on in the world. You may find yourself watching a bit of TV, knowing that they are full of crap and wondering what it is that they are not saying.

After a few days it will get even harder. You know that events are happening in the world which not may, but WILL affect you eventually. You will begin questioning your decision. Like trying to quit smoking/crack/or whatever else you are addicted too, your mind will try to convince you to find a "connection" so that you can just browse for a little bit, convinced that it will not hurt...this little taste so that you can have a little bit of information. You will find yourself questioning constantly....when is the bomb coming? When is everything going to collapse. You know its coming. Its a matter of when.

You will find your nerves on edge, sleepless nights, among other discomforts.

If you make it past this, you will eventually come to realize that it really does not matter. All along our belief that we could, if we just remained informed, create a change for the better was nothing more than an illusion we bought lock, stock, and barrel, an illusion which "they" created to make us feel as if we had control of our own destiny. The reality is much different.

You may even come to a point that you are finally able to say to yourself with conviction, "To hell with em". They want to destroy the world, then so be it. From this point forward you are not going to worry about waking up others. You will realize that they do not want to be awakened, they want to live in their illusionary world.

At this point in time, you will no longer worry about others. Instead you will come to realize that the only control you have, the only realm of influence which you possess which matters, resides within you. You will stop reflecting on the outside world and turn this reflection inwards. You will come to realize that you may not be able to save the world, but you can save yourself.

Walk without fear. Without fear they have no control over you. If/when you experience it, you will know what I mean.

Easier said than done:).

Enjoy your life. It will be over soon enough.

Dave

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:16 am 

I can understand your cynicism, CE, but if we stop caring about other people and stop trying, then who is going to try? I don't believe that the freedom I have to learn is an illusion. I may not be in the top echelon, nor do I really want to be, but I prefer to be informed, rather than blind. Sure, during the summer and when things are difficult in my life, I don't necessarily spend a ton of time on the net, but I do attempt to maintain some grasp on the reality of the world, something I'll never get from watching TV or from reading the newspapers available around here. Apathy is a bad thing. I know it sounds totally lame to some, but if you quit caring then PT quits caring and the next person, etc. no one will care and then we have a bunch of assholes only looking out for themselves. That's not what I want. That's not the world I want to live in. And sure, this isn't the perfect world, but at least some of us do try to care about other people and do try to help, whether its passing along some of the least tainted knowledge available or just caring in general.

So, PT, if you can afford it, keep it. We would miss you, for sure. And its important to stay informed. Apathy is certainly not the answer.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:19 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Staying informed is so important that it is becoming significantly more dangerous with each passing year.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:35 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Emmanuel Rahm & Co "scare the living crap" out of my feelings of optimism for the countries freedoms and future.

My contract goes to April 11th however so I'll be around until then.

If any of the regular posters want to stay in touch, drop me a PM and I'll give my phone number.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:16 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

CrimsonEagle wrote:

Dave

How soon? :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:03 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Purple Tang wrote:
CrimsonEagle wrote:

Dave

Lol, too literal silly.

For all I know, I could be gone before I even finish typing this out. Though I expect to finish it....we just can never........

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:02 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

CrimsonEagle wrote:
Purple Tang wrote:
CrimsonEagle wrote:

Dave

Lol, too literal silly.

For all I know, I could be gone before I even finish typing this out. Though I expect to finish it....we just can never........

I'm in the middle of reading "Family of Secrets". It is about the Bush dynasty. Amazing read if you like detail, it has sixty pages of notes.

Got me thinking........

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:30 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:

Dave

NOW THAT'S A SHOCKEROO!

Jeez...No wonder PT is wanting to get away from the internet...and read books about the Bush crime family dynasty. :P :twisted:

:lol:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:22 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Catherine wrote:
Quote:

Dave

NOW THAT'S A SHOCKEROO!

Jeez...No wonder PT is wanting to get away from the internet...and read books about the Bush crime family dynasty. :P :twisted:

I get my life threatened roughly once a month.....by various agents. I concluded they are bullies who enjoy fear and intimidation. It has been going on for years now.

One actually did run a red light at high speed and fractured my hip. Said she was looking for the Rockies game. They were playing in Pittsburgh that day. I'm in Denver. She sneaked back into town and got a "defective vehicle" on her record instead of the original citation for running a light. Agents are more useful when they have better records I would think.

People/lawyers are "not interested" when they hear about this....and other coincidences. I can't imagine why.

Dave's comment was a bit noticeable though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:05 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Purple Tang wrote:
Catherine wrote:
Quote:

Dave

NOW THAT'S A SHOCKEROO!

Jeez...No wonder PT is wanting to get away from the Internet...and read books about the Bush crime family dynasty. :P :twisted:

I get my life threatened roughly once a month.....by various agents. I concluded they are bullies who enjoy fear and intimidation. It has been going on for years now.

One actually did run a red light at high speed and fractured my hip. Said she was looking for the Rockies game. They were playing in Pittsburgh that day. I'm in Denver. She sneaked back into town and got a "defective vehicle" on her record instead of the original citation for running a light. Agents are more useful when they have better records I would think.

People/lawyers are "not interested" when they hear about this....and other coincidences. I can't imagine why.

Dave's comment was a bit noticeable though.

GAAAAA...lol, damnit, you two are killing me!!!! When I wrote that, I was thinking, life is short, enjoy it sort of way.

On a more serious note, PT, I have a question to ask you, and its not to try and stop you from leaving the Internet but to hopefully give you some food for thought.

What exactly is it that you will accomplish by no longer surfing the Internet? With the way the laws are set up now, every single one of us who have posted on this board and others in opposition to the elite could already be construed as criminals. At any given point they could come and arrest us if they so choose and they already have all the information which is needed.

IF, and when things go bad, even then I do not think that you really have to worry about what you wrote on the Internet, at least not in the beginning. (Unless you wrote something threatening in regards to the upper echelon) Initially I would think that it would start out as riots as such thus martial law being implemented at which point they can make use of the REX camps.

Me personally, I'm not worried if "they" read what I write on the Internet. I am against the system, I know it, they know it.

I think that if you live anywhere near a city, it would be beneficial to keep up to date because IF "they" act, then you will better be able to counteract, ie, get the hell out of the city and move into the country. IF things go bad, you do not want to be in a city, no way, no how.

As far as Internet activity, IF they ever decided to act on that, well, its really to late for all of us. I just do not see them coming and busting down doors of people who have written about political dissent because this would be considered to be an aggressive measure and it would really inflame the people.

Just my thoughts on the matter. The only thing you can really do is to have a safe place to get to if and when the shit hits the fan.

I understand fully the desire to unplug. Its not easy...not at all. If it were not for my wife I probably would still be up in Maine. I love it there, I love the wilderness and I love that life and I feel a hell of allot safer there than I do here. Unfortunately because she still has medical problems I will not try to force that on her unless it is necessary and anyway, she really, really began to get homesick. Pain and homesickness= a not very happy wife. At least I could alleviate her homesickness.

For me, the only thing that I did miss was the computer. I never realized just how addicted I was. Always the thought at the back of my mind, "What is going on"? It does wane after awhile.

Since I am here however, I feel that I have to remain informed. I do not like what they are doing anymore than you do. The thing is that I have a different mindset now. FOR THE TIME BEING, I realize that I can be nothing more than a witness to what they do. I do not have to DO anything in opposition to them to bring them down, they are going to do it themselves by their own actions. It is the only way.

Yes, it may be terrible and it may be devastating, but the reality is that in order to build something new, the old must be destroyed, especially when the point of corruption reaches the point we now sit. There will be no retrofitting old ideals with new ideals because the base is rotten.

Our job as human beings is to stay alive and somehow live through the devastation of collapse. Our job is to watch and learn, then rebuild what will hopefully be a better civilization. Eventually something will rise up, long after we are gone, that is greater than we could have ever imagined. Eventually they will also fall, thus the cycle will continue.

In order to survive however, we will need two things. Information on current events and knowledge on how to survive without all of these toys and gadgets that we have created.

If you are in the thick of things, (in or near a city), you may as well remain informed and continue to learn. It may save your life.

Again, I'm not trying to talk you out of unplugging, just trying to give you something to think about.

Anyway, when they put me in an REX camp....I'm gonna need someone on the outside to come and break me out. If you are unplugged, how will you know people are being put there?

I dont know man. There is allot that I could say, but there is only one thing that keeps comming to mind. Walk without Fear.

LIFE IS SHORT.

Dave

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:10 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

CE wrote:
Quote:
Again, I'm not trying to talk you out of unplugging, just trying to give you something to think about.

I think CE has done a good job of expressing himself and I agree with him about our status among those who "watch." :D

No, I don't want you to feel uncomfortable with being on the net, PT And especially I don't want you to feel uncomfortable with being at TVNL. IF you DO decide to "unplug," though, I will miss you. We've not always agreed on a variety of topics, but you have always been an intelligent debater and a good TVNL member. I enjoy having you among the membership, and I know the others feel the same way.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:14 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Dave...You think I'm going to break you out? I'm wondering who would break me out.

Thanks man...you make some good points.

I think they can do their, de facto, one world government via financial machinations. Obama looks to be a pushover. I really feel sorry for him. I know how mean Washington operatives tend to be.

However, I do not believe they can manage what will amount to biting off more than they can chew.

Giving a choice between martial law and chaos, I choose freedom. Which is not martial law.

I must admit to harboring some fears that are likely irrational. I am more afraid of the int'l banksters and Israel's iron grip on the nation than China or Russia or Iran or whomever Newspeak is trying to market as a bogey man. Has to be an irrational fear?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:15 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Purple Tang wrote:
Dave...You think I'm going to break you out? I'm wondering who would break me out.

Thanks man...you make some good points.

I think they can do their, de facto, one world government via financial machinations. Obama looks to be a pushover. I really feel sorry for him. I know how mean Washington operatives tend to be.

However, I do not believe they can manage what will amount to biting off more than they can chew.

Giving a choice between martial law and chaos, I choose freedom. Which is not martial law.

I must admit to harboring some fears that are likely irrational. I am more afraid of the int'l banksters and Israel's iron grip on the nation than China or Russia or Iran or whomever Newspeak is trying to market as a bogey man. Has to be an irrational fear?

The thing is, haven't we been afraid long enough?

For me, the fear was there, but even stronger was a deep anger at what they are doing to this world and its people. It was a scream of rage against the reality which they have created.

At some point, not to long ago, months maybe, I realized something. I was allowing the anger and the fear to control me. In a way, this works to their benefit, it is almost as if they are able to feed off from it and if anything, it helps to make them stronger. Fear causes paralyzation which is what they ultimately want. If we are fearful of them than they can basically have their way with us and we will not oppose them. Ultimately, this is what they want for everyone on the planet. THE MASTERS WANT THE SLAVES TO FEAR THEM!!!. Fear=total control.

Well, what is it that I feared? Death? Being put in jail? Loss of everything I have? What happens if I no longer fear any of these things? No, its not that I want to die or be put in jail or lose everything I have, but what if I come to understand that I should also not fear any of these things? Without holding these fears within ourselves, we have given ourselves more freedom than they could ever grant us. It is something that they can NOT TAKE AWAY.

Anger also works in their favor. It causes people to do stupid things which harm others, many times innocent others. Lets say that the nation finally became so angry with the people in this government that they began to riot on a national scale? WHO IS GOING TO BE AFFECTED THE MOST? I'll tell you who its not going to be. Its not going to be the MASTERS.

THEY NEVER GET HARMED. Societies may fall, they are still there. Governments may crumble, they are still there. There could be chaos all around yet they will always be sitting in safety while pulling strings.

When we act in anger, when we hold anger in our hearts, what do they do? They may threaten or they may act brutally. They may put many in jail or they may use force to try and re instill the over riding factor of fear. They then justify this by saying that they are doing this to restore order. THE ORDER THEY ARE TRYING TO RESTORE IS THEIR DOMINATION OVER THEIR SLAVES.

What happens if I let the anger go? What happens if it is no longer a controlling emotion in my life? What happens if when I resist, it is not out of anger but just out of non compliance? What if I no longer hate but instead speak only in the interest of peace and love? Is this not what the people from history who we have come to recognize as great done? Anger breeds hate. Hate breeds more hate. Its a never ending cycle.

If I no longer feel anger, if I no longer feel hate, then I have again gained a freedom, a freedom which is not something they can take, only I can lose if I succumb.

Do you remember this?

http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:*:IE-SearchBox&ei=g63OSfS8L9fMlQemsbzeCQ&resnum=1&q=tiananmen+square&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=h63OSbGHHeOHlAemxe3NCQ&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&resnum=4&ct=title#

This man did not act out of hate, nor fear, nor anger. He acted because he had enough. He stood against what very well could have been his death. It did not matter. His statement was that he would no longer be intimidated by them and no matter what the consequences, he was going to hold to his principles. This is important.....THEY NO LONGER HAD POWER OVER HIM.

No, I am not saying that we have to go and stand in front of a tank, but there are little things that we can do. Things with meaning. This is to not worry about them anymore. This is to KNOW THYSELF. This is to control the only thing that you can actually control fully......yourself.

What I say is NOT cynical, nor is it apathetic. It is VERY active, VERY hard and based on the reality that the only reason they have a death grip on humanity IS BECAUSE WE LET THEM.

Freedom is a state of mind, nothing more, nothing less. Slavery is when we let others control our state of mind.

What happens when we come to the final decision that yes, they may take my body and put a chain around our neck but they can never have our minds?

Look at the fear you are holding as a control mechanism. Don't look at them, look at yourself. Start working on yourself to shed the fear. Every time that you read or see something that causes the fear to rise up inside you, stop looking at it and instead look at the fear, examine it, then take control of it by saying "You know what....NO, I'm not going to be afraid, they will not have this power over me."

I am not particularly a religious person, at least not in the traditional sense. Even still, I believe that we can take quotes from the bible and apply them.

Quote:
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Walk without fear:)

The freedom that we think we have is nothing but an illusion. We tend to think of freedom as doing what we want, when we want, as long as we do not harm another(Well, at least some of us think this way......others think the have the freedom to harm). The reality is that we can not do what we want when we want. In almost every aspect of our life they have some form of control over us. Every single one of our perceived freedoms can be taken away at a whim.

Real freedom can not be taken. It is a STATE OF MIND!!!!. THIS is where the battle must be fought. THIS is what is meant when we say that people are asleep. Everyone is looking at someone else rather than at their own self. Everyone is looking to control someone else. They act out of anger, they act out of fear. What they do not act out of is LOVE.

Oh, they may say they do, but do they really, or is it out of selfishness? Look at some of the people who support the wars. They believe that they are doing it so they can help others achieve freedom, they are doing this because they supposedly love humanity.

How is the killing of millions of men, woman and children even remotely equated with love? THESE PEOPLE WHO RULE US ARE INSANE. They rule through instilling fear, anger and hatred and with this they pull the strings of humanity like masterful puppeteers. What happens if we cut these strings? What happens if we no longer hold fear, anger and hatred? Ask yourself this.

What I am suggesting is not to give up, but to fight in a way that they can not defeat you. Take away the tools which they use. If we can do this, in the beginning there will be many who will go to jail, lose everything, possibly even be killed, but you know what, if enough people come to understand this then they will no longer hold power over us. WE will be in control of our own destiny.

I have written before that I believe there has to be a fundamental shift in the consciousness of humanity in order for the needed change to come about. I also believe that for this fundamental shift to occur there is going to have to be a catastrophic event of some sort. It is not something that I want........it is something which HAS TO BE.

What else could be powerful enough to draw people together? What else could be powerful enough to over ride the control that the MASTERS have over the masses? Do we think that some day the religious fanatics are going to just decide to hold hands with (say) a homosexual? No. Not going to happen. Will a racist ever decide to just accept whoever it is that he is racist against? No, not going to happen.

What would happen if the religious fanatics very life or the life of his family depended on a homosexual? Would they turn away the chance at life? In the reverse situation, would they let the other die because they were homosexual or of a different skin color?

What happens if our very survival depends on not the dictates of others but the necessity of EACH OTHER?

Any way, I'm starting to get a bit off track so I am going to stop here. As always, just some food for thought.

I realize that this may be a bit philosophical and I apologize for that. Its just the way I am. Hopefully, in some way it may provoke some thought in a way that you never looked at things before. That is something that we all need and I know that I love it when someone says something that makes me think. I may not necessarily agree with what is said, but it is a different perspective. The way I figure it is that as long as someone does not try to force me into their perspective or talk about harming another/hate/ ect, then there is no harm.

In the end. Just try to understand that freedom is a state of mind. This is where the battle begins if you really want to be free.

Dave