It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:55 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Should the Health Bill going through Congress be passed into law?
Yes, we can change it later 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No, it is not reform 75%  75%  [ 3 ]
Yes, anything is better than nothing 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I give up 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 4
 Post subject: Revenge of the Health Insurance Companies
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:35 am 

Have you gotten your insurance bill for next month yet? I did. Not only are my co-pays going up, but the monthly bill for insurance went up 400%.

I get help from the government paying my insurance. This is the part I have to pay out of pocket--the monthly bill and co-pays. If this is happening to me, what is happening to other people? How many other people are not going to be able to make their insurance payments?

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject: Re: Revenge of the Health Insurance Companies
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:22 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I voted NO, mainly because it's not really a bill that helps enough. However, I have reservations about being totally against it because if it doesn't pass, it will give the right wingers something to crow about, regardless of how foolish they are to feel as though it's a victory against the president whom they're all hoping fails at everything.

I believe the Democrats in both the House and in the Senate can come up with a better bill IF they want to. But getting many of the Democrats to behave like Dems is virtually impossible. Their 60 vote majority is just a number, because they can't cooperate with each other, and instead refuse to do what they should do...represent their people and not just themselves.

And yes...my husband's insurance premiums went up almost $100 per month on an individual policy through Blue Cross, Blue Shield. Increased payments begin January 1. He's made two claims and he's had the policy since 2003.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:56 am 

Voted no. Six years ago bcbs quoted me a policy of 1900.00 a month 3 priors can you imagine what it would be today ? obama said all people would be covered it ain't going to happen. Some say that something is better than nothing tell that to the people that are going to be left out or are going to go broke paying for it. We have over 1000 military bases around the world if you would close 1/2 of them down you would have the funds to pay for healthcare.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:02 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Can you imagine how the economy would have been stimulated if the government had returned to the American taxpayers just a smidgeon of the monies that were given to the Wall Street Fat Cats? I don't know why the US can't do what Canada and the UK have done about national health care. Sure, improvements would have to be worked on, but don't think for one minute that the health care bill about to become law won't have to be tweaked...more than it already has...and hopefully with better results.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:40 am 

Quote:
don't think for one minute that the health care bill about to become law won't have to be tweaked...more than it already has...and hopefully with better results.

From what I understand, the Insurance Companies are prepared to do as much tweeking as they can in individual states. With that disaster of a health care bill, they are free to do whatever they want to.

People like Ohio's Sharrod Brown, Vermont's Bernie Sanders and Rhode Island's Sheldon Whitehouse along with many others on the liberal side fought hard for a better bill.

The conservadems could hold out until they got whatever they wanted because they knew 60 votes were needed and not one R would vote for this bill. Some of those Rs know better, they know health care is needed, and they should hang their heads in shame. The R party was going to cut them out, and I say, they would be better off as independents.

This bill is a disaster, it leaves insurance companies in charge, mandates people buy their shoddy products and sends taxpayer dollars to back up costs for low income persons. How many people are going to be eligible for 'low income' help? Not enough I am sure.

I would like to blame Obama but he was left with such a mess in government! I just hate to see so many people drifting over to the R side because of all the propaganda that is being spewed. I was hoping if the bill could help people, it could fend off at least a little of that misinformation being peddled 24/7.

tbolt, $1900 a month? And six years ago? What would that be now I wonder...the rates have been going up every year.

Why can't we take back those tax cuts for the very wealthy and spread some health care around, eh?

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid