It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:19 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sarah's Tea Party
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:41 am 

I may be premature here, but, I'll wager we will see Sarah Palin start her 2012 Presidential campaign in early 2011 running on the Tea Party ticket. Where else would she run to get nominated? Not the Repugs ticket as this would be a disaster to the party. I see her (Palin) forming the third party (Tea) to take the right and far right so-called Democrats, and the middle of the road Independents, plus those so extremists republicans into her newly form party. Same as Ross Perot did with his Reform Party.

With that, maybe she will dance to the same Patsy Cline tune..."Crazy" as Ross Perot did.

Post subject: Re: Sarah's Tea Party
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:16 pm 

King Fisher wrote:
I may be premature here, but, I'll wager we will see Sarah Palin start her 2012 Presidential campaign in early 2011 running on the Tea Party ticket. Where else would she run to get nominated? Not the Repugs ticket as this would be a disaster to the party. I see her (Palin) forming the third party (Tea) to take the right and far right so-called Democrats, and the middle of the road Independents, plus those so extremists republicans into her newly form party. Same as Ross Perot did with his Reform Party.

With that, maybe she will dance to the same Patsy Cline tune..."Crazy" as Ross Perot did.

She will also have a similar problem finding anyone with political experience to be her running mate. Perot picked Stockdale as a “place holder,” that was never replaced, with disastrous results in the VEEP debate. I doubt that Caribou Barbie will be able to find someone legit to commit to being a even place holder.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:03 pm 

APL, Mrs. moose gal probably wouldn't get too far with the Tea jerks, as most seem to be unstable in making rationale decisions on their own., such as "follow the leader" mentality. She (Sarah Palin) is the type that could become a "cult" leader, and might succeed at it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:33 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I watched CSPAN's JOURNAL program this morning for awhile and the guest...I forget who he was... was talking about the retirements in both the Senate and the House and how they would impact the 2010 election. He was asked if he thought Sarah Palin had a chance of becoming a serious leader within the Republican party during the next three years and he said in his opinion not.. Some people liked her but that didn't change the overall person Sarah Palin was...I think he meant that she was dumb and always would be. :mrgreen:

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:10 pm 

There's more to this than meets the eye on why the big name republicans are scared to death that Sarah Palin will drop her name in the presidential race come 2012. That also applies if she were to form the Tea Party to run. There are many out there getting on the talk shows giving all their sound bites why she will not be a factor where it be in the Republican or the Tea party. Do you remember how the republicans kicked, scratch, old Ross Perot for going the Reform party route? I think it helped Bill Clinton get elected.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:45 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

There's going to be an interview on CBS's 60 Minutes, I think Sunday, with the Republican strategist of McCain's failed presidential campaign. This person...sorry, didn't get his name....is going to talk about how Sarah Palin had been an incredible thorn in the side of the McCain campaign via her behavior and the things she said....and he's not going to "hold anything back" about her behavior and ideas. Why McCain chose her was the fatalistic failure, IMO. It would be interesting to really know who pushed through her nomination to McCain...unless McCain himself simply liked her looks, thought she could sell herself and him to the American people, and took for granted that she had a brain underneath all the rouge. :roll: :drunken: )

Of course, this Republican strategist has written (or helped write) a book about the campaign...and he's not very articulate himself... but I think his overall information about Palin is going to be about as truthful as anything we've seen yet, including the fact that her husband was indeed a member of Alaska's independence party...Palin wanted to tell the country that he was not...and that she wanted everyone to believe that she was not guilty of abuse of power as the governor of Alaska when she really was.

BUT, he's not going to say anything those of us who saw through Sarah from the very beginning didn't already know.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:58 pm 

I don't know who spoke the words, "two wrongs don't make a right." But, in the case of the two wrongs... being McCain and Palin in 2008, they never would have done anything right.
In fact, sometimes I believe Sarah Palin would have been the better part of the two. With that being said, she showed on the stump she couldn't rate as a poor dog catcher. Now where does that put John McCain? Right out in the bottom of the old farm outhouse.

Here is another example of my thinking where John McCain should be. Not is the senate after 2010.

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) is up with his first ads for his 2010 Senate reelection campaign, and they portray the 2008 Republican presidential nominee as a crucial impediment to President Obama's "extreme left-wing crusade to bankrupt America."

"I stand in his way every day," McCain says in one of the ads. "If I get a bruise or two knocking some sense into heads in Washington, so be it."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:41 pm 

King Fisher wrote:
. . .

Here is another example of my thinking where John McCain should be. Not is the senate after 2010.

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) is up with his first ads for his 2010 Senate reelection campaign, and they portray the 2008 Republican presidential nominee as a crucial impediment to President Obama's "extreme left-wing crusade to bankrupt America."

"I stand in his way every day," McCain says in one of the ads. "If I get a bruise or two knocking some sense into heads in Washington, so be it."

The problem is that this is the perfect strategy that has worked for McCain so many times in the past; Arizona voters eat that crap up. Before he became a Senator McCain was a US Representative. He was a pure and simple carpetbagger that had dumped his faithful wife from his POW years for a woman born when he was at the Naval Academy. It was Cindy’s dad that would pony up the needed funds to get John elected. Later after the father died, it would be Cindy’s money directly, since she was an only child. Anytime McCain was questioned about his carpetbagger status or his qualifications, the POW card was played. It is an unwritten rule here in Arizona that no one is allowed to question him or his qualifications because he was POW.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:20 am 

One of today's headers at Crooks & Liars website. I've said, the Republicans are running scared, or seems to look like that.

http://crooksandliars.com/david-neiwert ... res-crap-o

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:06 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It really doesn't matter to Palin...negative or positive attention means money to her and that's all she's after. The attention she's getting is something else she craves, again it doesn't matter if it's negative or positive. Only idiots support her...and there are millions of idiots in America who vote...and they'll vote for Palin whenever and wherever they can, because they identify with her in one form or another, mostly because she's got a retarded child and she's a Bible-thumper. There are still thousands of men who think she's "hot." :roll:

The serious Repubs should take John McCain to task for unleashing this monster onto the country...it's all his fault. If he had never chosen her as a very poor female sub for the Hillary supporters, hoping to gain their votes at any cost, she would still be sitting on her porch in Alaska, trying to see if Putin had reared his head.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:09 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

SARAH PALIN SPENDS $63,000 BUYING COPIES OF HER AWFUL BOOK

Sarah PAC, Sarah Palin's political action committee, raised more than $1.4 million in the second-half of 2009, according to the Washington Post's Chris Cillizza. That figure brings the group's fundraising haul to $2.1 million for 2009. Cillizza reports:

...Sarah PAC and ended the year with $900,000 in the bank. She donated $64,600 to candidates and party committees.

That relatively high burn rate is due to an expansion of the organization's staff, according to those familiar with its operations. (Remember that with Palin out of office -- she resigned the governorship in July 2009 -- her PAC is her only political and policy vehicle.)

Beyond new staff and donations, what else is Sarah PAC spending money on? Books--her own book--according to ABC News:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:39 pm 

I think Sarah Palin is getting paid something like $150.000.00 to speak at the newly reformed John Birch Society/aka Tea Party Scums in Nashville this week or next week.
She...promised to give it all back to some charity.???? Charity is better known as Sarah's bank.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:37 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sarah Palin's Tea Party Dinner Disaster

Unsold tickets, activists demanding refunds—will Palin wind up addressing a half-empty room at the Tea Party convention?

:laughing3:

Quote:
According to internal convention planning documents obtained by Mother Jones, Palin will be paid $115,000 to address the attendees—as they dine on steak or lobster. To some Tea Partiers, this lavish affair sounds suspiciously like an exclusive GOP fundraiser and a betrayal of their grassroots movement. (In mid-January, Palin told Fox News' Bill O'Reilly that she will not profit from her appearance at the convention, suggesting she would donate her speaking fee to Republican candidates. But she has not provided any details on that, and a Palin spokesperson did not respond to requests for clarification.)

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman