It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:08 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A VERY BAD DAY FOR CONSERVATIVE DEMOCRATS
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:46 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bill Halter Running For Arkansas Senate: Progressive Democrat To Challenge Blanche Lincoln

Quote:
Conservative Democrat Blanche Lincoln (D-Ark.), whose obstinacy during the health care reform process was so frustrating to the progressive community, is officially getting a primary challenge.

On Monday morning, Arkansas lieutenant governor, Bill Halter, announced that he would launch a campaign to dislodge Lincoln from her Senate seat. He cited a need to focus on middle class issues, take on Wall Street, and fight back against special interests. Halter, who will call Lincoln personally today and send papers to the state capitol on Tuesday, broke the news of his candidacy through an online video at his site http://www.BillHalter.com.

I am Lt. Gov. Bill Halter and I grew-up in this house on Scenic Hill in North Little Rock. I am running for the United States Senate because Washington is no longer working for this neighborhood or for families across Arkansas.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Re: A VERY BAD DAY FOR CONSERVATIVE DEMOCRATS
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:44 am 

He looks good. Wants the Dem platform. Unique for some areas, isn't it?

Lincoln is proud of her 'NO' votes.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:41 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
He looks good. Wants the Dem platform. Unique for some areas, isn't it?

Agreed...but you know what? I worry when a politician "looks good" anymore, especially if he or she is a Democrat. (We all KNOW that any Repub who doesn't look like Medusa....and some that do...is still a Gorgon, ala Sarah Palin!) But back to what I was saying....Look at John Edwards! I want the Dems to STAND and DELIVER what the country needs, not just present a pretty face and empty promises. :evil:

HOWEVER, if Bill Halter can unseat that Republican Lite Lincoln, I applaud him...and then I'll wait to see if he actually would be willing to stand up with Dennis Kucinich and other really Progressive Dems...few that there are.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:53 pm 

Quote:
Agreed...but you know what? I worry when a politician "looks good" anymore, especially if he or she is a Democrat.

Agreed. Actually I was referring to his stance, the ones I have heard so far. But then, we also know people can sound wonderful until they are elected too.

I am still wondering how Bush managed to get everything he wanted yet Obama with a majority of Dems can't seem to get anything some of us were expecting. Like an actual leader.

I know Obama walked into that mess left by the Bush Administration, but I did expect better--make that hoped for better. Heck, we are still sending jobs out of the country.

This makes sense? :scratch:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:20 am 
Hear Me Roar!

dori wrote:
Quote:
Agreed...but you know what? I worry when a politician "looks good" anymore, especially if he or she is a Democrat.

Agreed. Actually I was referring to his stance, the ones I have heard so far. But then, we also know people can sound wonderful until they are elected too.

I am still wondering how Bush managed to get everything he wanted yet Obama with a majority of Dems can't seem to get anything some of us were expecting. Like an actual leader.

I know Obama walked into that mess left by the Bush Administration, but I did expect better--make that hoped for better. Heck, we are still sending jobs out of the country.

This makes sense? :scratch:

Dori, the GOP is a much more coherent party than the Democrats -- who would be several parties in most other countries. I think Obama has to realize that he will not get everyone to agree or like him. He must learn, like FDR did, that there will always be some people who hate you. At least make sure that they hate you for the RIGHT reasons.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:26 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Dori, the GOP is a much more coherent party than the Democrats --

TRUE...and they've got the "God and Guns" rhetoric on their side. They appeal to the less intellectual masses, and America is FULL of that type...and increasing every day. They've also got twenty-four hour right-wing "news" sources such as Faux articulating what the dummies believe but can't put into their own words. Consider the impact of Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Ann Coulter, Joe Scarborough, and those of their ilk. Add in the televangelists and their bible-thumping, and the websites that spread untruths. While we have ED, KEITH, RACHEL, and a few others on the airwaves, doing their dead-level best to even things out with more truthful reporting and exposing the lies of the neo-conservatives, they can't really offset the ignorance and lies told by the Republican wingers. :(

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:25 am 

I couldn't agree more Cat. Those game notes left behind by Rs that said to use fear said it all.

I know too many people who appear to want to be fearful and angry. They carry the thoughts and words of rightwing talkers like jewels.

Sometimes people are like parrots. They hear something and it becomes part of their vocabulary.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 5:02 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

North Carolina had its primary on Tuesday and, while the Democrat challenger Aixa Wilson did not defeat Rep. Heath Shuler, he gave him a good pounding. Shuler knows he's got troubles with more progressive Dems in Western NC, especially with folks who supported the health care reform bill, and I'm glad. He didn't even show his face during the run up to the primary in my neck of the woods, but I met Aixa (pronounced AISHA...long a at the beginning) Wilson at a Democratic gathering. I think he'll be back. He's young, smart, and hopefully will run for our rep again when Shuler tries to unseat Senator Richard Burr eventually. THAT will send Shuler back to the football field and/or his real estate office because Burr, while he's awful, I doubt will be defeated by Heath Shuler...

However, I was very disappointed in overall turn out for my area! If we don't get some voter enthusiasm going before November, it's not going to be good. But least the Repubs seem to have lost some of their gung-ho attitudes, too.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/0 ... 65793.html

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman