It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:53 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PLEASE BOYCOTT DISCOVERY'S PALIN SHOW!!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:05 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/21/boycott-the-discovery-channel-networks

Quote:
CNN is reporting today that the series "Sarah Palin's Alaska" has been picked up for a reported $1 million-plus per episode by the Discovery Networks.

Since when did Discovery feature such an overtly political figure? AND one who espouses violence? As I told Discovery, I will no longer watch any Discovery shows if Palin hosts one.

If you feel the same, please let Discovery Networks know.

Please sign this petition to protest Discovery's new show "
Sarah Palin's Alaska"

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/21/boyco ... l-networks

AND CONTACTING DISCOVERY AS WELL MIGHT HELP:

http://dsc.discovery.com/...

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Re: PLEASE BOYCOTT DISCOVERY'S PALIN SHOW!!!!!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:40 am 
Hear Me Roar!

Great idea and thanks!! This is "exactly," why I pulled the plug on Dish Network (4) years ago. I'll grab a high speed connection, and "bear" what's on that, from time to time. But rest assured, I'll never "flip one penny," on ANY cable/satellite programming again!! (NEVER!!)

When I purchased a house in the country, back in 1992, I purchased a big dish, C/Ku band satellite system. Back then, you could purchase an "a la carte programming package," containing specifically, the channels in which you wanted to watch. (and elected to pay for)

...not anymore!!

I also, signed a petition, bitching about the fact, that subscribers couldn't pay for these programs that they...SPECIFICALLY WANTED TO WATCH!! (and pay for)

...but do you think that these, "organized religious wackos," were SOL? Oh contrare!! They pushed legislation, to keep their "free to air" programming, throughout "THE WHOLE CLARK BELT". (them little flying satellites from the east, to the west. At the time, 36 of them)

This B'S. has got to stop!!... Even people in the city at the time, who elected to have "big dishes," because they too, were tired of the "B.S. Packaging," that they too, were forced to (not watch) but yet, had to pay for, from a "biased cable company."

i shelled out $2800.00 for a "kick ass system," brand new at that time. They started to "pull the plug," on your freedom to watch what you wanted to watch, four years later.

One quick other point, and I'm gone...

I'm kinda a boxing fan and at the time, I wanted to see George Foreman fight this More guy, back in 1994 I do believe. While I never subscribed to Showtime, I subscribed for a month of it, for $7.00. i watched the fight for only $7.00, while the cable companies charged $39.95 to watch the fight. ANOTHER ADVANTAGE, TO HAVING A "ONCE WAS," FREE TO PICK AND CHOOSE SATELLITE PROGRAMMING PACKAGE!!

...and did I mention the $2800.00 price tag for my sysyem??? :evil: :evil: :evil:

...and i'm still not over it either, i'm afraid!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:46 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

We have Direct TV, but we also get Netflix. We order programs that we either can't get or we missed when they were on, particularly on PBS. I love the British shows we can get from Netflix that we would not ever get to see otherwise. My husband loves to watch the Tour De France on Versus.

Sorry about your system problems, ETL...now that times continue to get tighter and tighter, I may have to letDirect TV go. I also noted that NetFlix was going up on its prices. I haven't decided yet.... all will depend on how the new year shapes up with business opportunities. :?

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:06 pm 

We too get Netflix but well over 90% of the shows/movies we watch are streaming over the web. I am considering changing to the streaming only plan (no physical DVDs) which is the cheapest one they have.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:19 pm 

Please don't force me to reply regarding Snokflake Snooki show on the Discovery channel.