It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:32 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SOURCES: SCANDALS AT ARLINGTON CEMETERY PROMPT FIRINGS
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:05 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sources: Scandals at Arlington Cemetery prompt firings! In one case, body of one soldier was buried on top of another

:shock:

WASHINGTON - A number of scandals at Arlington National Cemetery, including one in which a service member's body was buried on top of another, are costing the top two administrators their jobs, Pentagon officials said Thursday.

Army Secretary John McHugh is set to announce Thursday that he will replace Arlington National's superintendent, John Metzler, and his deputy, Thurman Higgenbotham, after accusations of poor management and an investigation that Higgenbotham had illegally hacked into the computer files of a former Arlington employee.

MORE AT THE LINK

I was also shocked to learn that this national cemetery was still using paper files!

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Re: SOURCES: SCANDALS AT ARLINGTON CEMETERY PROMPT FIRINGS
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:25 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

More scandals involving veterans...Walter Reed for those poor vets who have returned from the wars maimed and disabled, and the dead vets at Arlington...not sure if the VA could do a better job than the Army but it might should be given a chance...

VFW Says Army Should Lose Arlington Cemetery

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:32 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Arlington finds 8 sets of remains in one grave

The Army has launched a criminal investigation after Arlington National Cemetery officials found eight sets of cremated remains buried in a single grave with a headstone marked "unknown."

more at the link

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:14 pm 

I'm not at all surprised on what is going on at Arlington National Cemetery. There is no doubt we have had some poor management, placing burial plots on top of others.
That can happen when no one keeps records. I'm sure they will find more, and may have to dig up plots to find more mistakes.

It has be known this has happen all over this country. In fact, it happen in my family cemetery couple years ago.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:54 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Perhaps it's time to close Arlington as a burial place forevermore. Yep...can't you hear the Repubs howl at that suggestion? :roll: WHAT? NOT continue to smack General Lee in the face? How absurd... :drunken:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:30 am 
Hear Me Roar!

Catherine wrote:
More scandals involving veterans...Walter Reed for those poor vets who have returned from the wars maimed and disabled, and the dead vets at Arlington...not sure if the VA could do a better job than the Army but it might should be given a chance...

VFW Says Army Should Lose Arlington Cemetery

Yeah...It makes me appreciate my aunt's grave site, about 20 miles from here. I've mention several times to my family, how well they keep the grave site up. She was a veteran of the Korean War, and she was one of the sweetest persons in the world. They go to each grave site, where a veteran is laid to rest, and place two flags at their grave site. They line the chain linked fence, with flags, around the whole perimeter of the cemetary. It's not an "overkill," as they are placed neatly apart.

I got some pictures of the grave site, from a couple years ago. It was during Memorial Day. Next time I go through them, I may through a couple up on the internet. The cemetary really looks nice, and they put up a new marble entrance sign, back in 2000, I do believe. Ten years old is STILL, pretty new, when it comes to marble. You can't see one scratch, or any wear whatsoever. The color still looks spectacular as well.

ANYWAY!!

Yeah, that's a shame about Arlington. I'm sure a Republican is behind this, as they have as much interest in you alive, as you are dead. I can't see how people can sleep at night, pulling this nonsense off!!

A pity!! :cry:

It really is!! :cry:

I guess it may be human nature when you get older, but I think about the overall management of grave sites a lot more, the older I get. (and not only the vets, even though I look to them as saints)