It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:01 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Don't expect the truth from mainstream American media
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:42 pm 

Hello, All. I am new on the forum but not new to the lies and coverups that go on behind the scenes for the past 40 years. To put it bluntly, the mainstream media are in bed with the Conservatives. Period. If you have any doubt as to what I say, go to this website and check out the links:

http://betterworldlinks.org/book24n.htm

All I can figure is to tell as many people as possible NOT to trust mainstream media because they're not paid to write the truth-- they're paid to write what they're told. And, from what I understand, all the mainstream media are owned by only SIX corporations!! This is scary. I don't know why I was ever under the impression that we had free press in this country. They're controlling us and most Americans are too stupid to see it. One day it will be too late.

madashell

Post subject: madashell
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:18 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi, MAH...Welcome! And I'm sure others will be welcoming you, too.

This website is one of the best on the Web for getting the word out about the bias and lies of the news media. The team that created it and maintain it are topnotch, and very, very serious about all they say here. I hope you take the time to explore all of the different areas at this site...save the SMILE section for last, though. It will help to bring your blood pressure down after seeing all that Jesse and his team have uncovered.

Like you, I always thought we had freedom of the press, and I used to really pity the poor Russian people who only had propoganda to read. Now, I think the Russians are getting more truth from their media than we Americans are...would you ever have believed it?

Another good website for media info is www.takebackthemedia.com You may already know if it, but there it is, if you don't. There are many links from that one site, too.

I also post at www.ragereport.com It's another good place to debate. Please feel free to come over there anytime.

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:58 am 

Hi Catherine,

Thanks for the good links-- there's also http://www.mediamatters.org which is truly a superb site. Why? Because David Brock heads it and David Brock knows where the bodies are buried, if you'll excuse my metaphor. He was one of those neocons until he turned around. He has a couple of good books out: Blinded by the Right (first book) and The Republican Noise Machine. He's on Al Franken's program every week, by the way. I haven't read either because, frankly, the Repugs make me ill. I don't need to be convinced of their sinister, sleazy ways. Brock has provided us a means to report lying media when we encounter it. Check out the website.

Thanks,

madashell

Post subject: Good Link
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:40 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Madashell...

Good Link!

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman