It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:30 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dear Ken Mehlman ...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:47 pm 
Deal With It!

Jim David

Comedian and writer
August 26, 2010 02:18 AM

The Atlantic reported, "Ken Mehlman, President Bush's campaign manager in 2004 and a former chairman of the Republican National Committee, has told family and associates that he is gay." "Mehlman arrived at this conclusion about his identity fairly recently, he said in an interview." Really? Then Ken, how come the rest of us knew years ago, asked you about it, and you lied about it and went on chairing and actively campaigning for the success of a party with a lot of members who want to see gay people dead? Talk about being an Aunt Tom!

It's taken me 43 years to get comfortable with this part of my life," said Mehlman. Guess what, buddy? Sorry for the stunted growth of your self-awareness, but there are plenty of gay folks that have not taken 43 years to get comfortable with it, and while they were waiting for you to get comfortable, your lovely Republican party, while under your leadership, tried to create an atmosphere of fear and loathing for the country's gays and lesbians to the point where some of them got killed. You helped to spearhead it all from the safety of the Grand Old Closet.

That fact alone should have clued you in before you did the damage you did. The "Mad Men" like social pressure deep within Republican circles must have been oppressive. It must have been hard to stand there, holding your cosmopolitan, while Sen. James Inholfe or somebody made a nasty joke about the queers. But gee, couldn't you have seen a shrink or taken some Xanax or something? Why did you help them?

You approved racist advertisements against candidates like Harold Ford. You campaigned for anti-gay politicians. 21 states passed laws banning same-sex marriage during your tenure. Here they are, in case you forgot: Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia and Wisconsin.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jim-david ... 95150.html

I still don't get the Log Cabin Republicans. How do they live with themselves?

Post subject: Re: Dear Ken Mehlman ...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:36 pm 

anniefey wrote:

The Log Cabins suffer from a form of self-loathing that will never allow them to be thoroughly convinced that there is nothing wrong being gay. Deep down they believe what Mommy and Daddy told them, it’s a choice not programmed. The second is a desire to be on the winning side no matter how against self-interest. The Log Cabin Club started with Ronnie Raygun and has been a pimple on the ass for struggle for gay rights ever since.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject: Re: Dear Ken Mehlman ...
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:42 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

A Proud Liberal wrote:
anniefey wrote:

The Log Cabins suffer from a form of self-loathing that will never allow them to be thoroughly convinced that there is nothing wrong being gay. Deep down they believe what Mommy and Daddy told them, it’s a choice not programmed. The second is a desire to be on the winning side no matter how against self-interest. The Log Cabin Club started with Ronnie Raygun and has been a pimple on the ass for struggle for gay rights ever since.

Grrrreeeeeaaaatttttt post!! :D

One involves being a victim, and one involves "empowerment."

Both, simply put, cannot co-exist!! :cry: