It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:28 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: JOE SCARBOROUGH AND JOHN GIBSON: SHILLS
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:25 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Scarborough shares Gibson's view that "it's on Barack Obama" if he abandons Bush policies that "kept us safe"

Summary: Fox News' John Gibson and MSNBC's Joe Scarborough each asserted that if President Obama abandons Bush administration policies and procedures "which kept us safe for the last seven, eight years," in Gibson's words, Obama will bear responsibility for any future act of terrorism. However, neither mentioned evidence that President Bush's policies did not eliminate the terrorist threat to America and that some Bush policy decisions, such as the invasion and occupation of Iraq, may, in fact, have aggravated the threat.

MORE AT THE LINK

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Re: JOE SCARBOROUGH AND JOHN GIBSON: SHILLS
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:11 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

JOE SCARBOROUGH AND COMPANY CONTINUE TO REPEAT SIGNIFICANT FALSEHOODS ABOUT THE ECONOMIC RECOVERY PACKAGE

Over the last two weeks on MSNBC’s Morning Joe, co-hosts Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski and their regular guests have repeated a number of significant falsehoods about the economic recovery package. The cumulative result has been to turn MSNBC’s morning talk block into an echo chamber for false and misleading right-wing talking points about the stimulus bill currently before the Senate.

This morning, for example, Brzezinski said that she spent last weekend doing “research” trying to find a good reason to support the recovery bill. “There isn’t one,” she concluded. “There’s a lot of welfare in there. There’s a lot of spending. It’s not stimulus,” she said. When asked about his and Mika’s critiques of the bill, Scarborough said simply, “We’re on the side of good Americans. … We want a stimulus bill.”

Scarborough, Brzezinski, and other regular Morning Joe contributors have made similarly flawed arguments in recent days:

Brzezinski: “I’m confused as to why we’re being tricked into thinking this is a stimulus bill, when it’s packed with welfare programs.”

Pat Buchanan: “This is just a big Democratic bill with all this pork and slop.”

Jim Cramer: “I have it maybe that there’s 142 people really will get a job.”

Dylan Ratigan: “[T]he Democrats would do themselves a tremendous favor to not put spending programs in when we’re dealing with a stimulus bill.”

Scarborough: “This is a streaming pile of garbage.”

In place of “welfare” and “spending,” Morning Joe’s cast of commentators propose what they falsely argue is a more effective form of economic stimulus: tax cuts. Watch a compilation of the Morning Joe’s economic stimulus coverage:

WATCH!

The income of each of those monkeys that make up Morning Joe is waaaaay above 6 figures, and they’re sitting there earning that paycheck each and every day. How can they understand anything about hard times, much less about what makes up a good stimulus package. After all, they supported GWB for the most part! Best thing to be done about them is to stop watching them…but that isn’t going to happen any more than non-thinking people will stop watching Faux Noise…same poop, different a-hole.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:33 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kissing The Arses of The Rich LINK

Quote:
I was watching MSNBC's Morning Joe (I prefer calling it Morning Blow) this morning and Jack Welch, former CEO of GE, was a guest. As Jack was walking on the set, Mika Brzezinski, co-host of the show, excitedly gets up giggling with glee and says, "Oh, he's here!" and runs over to greet Jack.

After Mika fawns all over Jack Welch, the discussion turns to the cap Obama wants on CEOs salaries and "business practices" of partying with taxpayers money. This was Jack Welch's comment, paraphrased. "I got two banks that want my business. One wants to take me to lunch at McDonalds. The other wants to take me on an all-expenses paid trip to the Bahamas. Which bank am I going to give my business to, Mika? Huh?"

Isn't that bribery?

It gets better. The conversation soon turns to Bernard Madoff and his 50 BILLION dollar ponzi scheme. Mika's comment was so memorable I had to preserve it in a phototoon

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:29 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

Dylan Ratigan: “[T]he Democrats would do themselves a tremendous favor to not put spending programs in when we’re dealing with a stimulus bill.”

Yeah, I hear ya!!

It's pretty much "a given," with Mika , Buchanon and Scarborough, when it comes to a lack of "mental horsepower." However, most of the time I cannot listen to Mika, because Scarborough doesn't shut the fuck up, long enough, to get her point across. (kinda like Dick Army on C-span a few weeks ago, during an interview on freedom works) :evil: :evil: :evil:

...then comes those commercials. :x

A few weeks ago, Joe was discussing religion on his show. Long story short...It was in response to O'Bamas claim, that he accepted Christ as his Savior. Boy, did "ole Joe" jump on that one. I thought everyone on the set was gonna, "speak in tongues."

What really sickened me however, was the fact that Scarborough chastizes O'bama all the time. (with ignorant lies of course) But "ole Joe," for the next (6) minutes, sounded like he was O'bama's best friend, as long as "Ole Joe," could go on his "little revival" about Jesus!! God, what a vial individual!! And of course, there's the usual "separation of church and state," issue of our constitution, that Scarborough, and the likes of him, love to urinate on.

However, with Ratigan, I just can't figure this guy out. I've seen him do a couple sessions of "red ass," with a few filthy right wingers, which makes me jump with complete elation. Then other times, he just likes, goes berzerk, with "right winged arrogance." I'm sure, even though I don't like to admit it, he's simply "kneepadding" himself out to corporate interests like most. I pretty much know the boundary line, when it comes to what kind of news gets covered. But it seems like Ed, Rachael and Keith, take the issues much more further than Dilan does. And it's a shame to, because as stated before, the guy is capable of kicking some "serious political ass." Then, he just likes, "falls on his own sword," so to speak. As far as Lawrence, shit, he's just a "preliminary sounding board," for "big brother comcast." Yeah, I'm aware that most hosts, claim to be the "pillar of investigative reporting." However, if they're ass ain't getting tazered, shot at, or trampled on, at a local Wal-mart during "black friday," then I take "investigative reporting," with a "grain of salt."

Maybe I'm just expecting too much from Dillan, I dunno!! Chris Mathews is that way too. However, Chris to me, seems a little more "predictable." Meaning I have a general feeling on how far, or intense Chris will go on issues.

That's my take anyway!! :?